You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Croatia preliminary squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ben SFC View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben SFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Croatia preliminary squad
    Posted: 10 May 2012 at 11:32pm
Never realised just how good a side they have. Fancy them to pip Italy out of the group, if we don't obviously!
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Hope we play Gibson and Whelan or Gibson and Andrews......Whealan and Andrews are poor together.

What has that got to do with the Croatia squad?

You know aswell as i do , Gibson won't start ahead of those two ffs.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 6:32pm
Hope we play Gibson and Whelan or Gibson and Andrews......Whealan and Andrews are poor together.
vinny 2012 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 6:29pm
their entire list of defenders are quite poor
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 5:49pm
Do you blame them?

Every team targets specific games to get points from. We're looking at getting 4 points from Italy and Croatia.

Can hardly expect them to be aiming for a point against Ireland and to beat Spain or Italy. Croatia will not have an easier game in the group stage than us. 
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
HgRx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HgRx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 5:27pm
The general consensus amongst Croatians is that we are a surefire 3 pointer.
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Catman Catman wrote:

As we say before every game, central midfield need to step up to the plate big time and not let them walk all over us

Which won't happen. Smile
Backs to the wall, conceded the midfield, repel the advances = 0-0.
Catman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 4:57pm
As we say before every game, central midfield need to step up to the plate big time and not let them walk all over us

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Look at that fooking squad!!! 

If that doesn't reign in some of the lofty expectations on here, I don't know what will!!
looks like a good side going forward but the defensive side of it is nothing special and if we setup right we will create chances against them 

If they have 70% possession, we'll be doing well to create any chances.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

If that doesn't reign in some of the lofty expectations on here, I don't know what will!!
looks like a good side going forward but the defensive side of it is nothing special and if we setup right we will create chances against them 
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 4:09pm

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 4:05pm
Pletikosa in goal has 90 caps to his credit but he was deemed not good enough for Celtic who duely went and brought Fraser Forster back. In Defense Pjanic is only playing in reserve for Bayern , Simunic is well past at this stage i never rated him too highly at Hertha and he's now playing in the Croatian League , Corluka got flogged by Spurs to Leverkusen mid season on loan as he wasn't delivering the goods for the past part of a season. Lovren of Lyon is a good young player but they had a poor enough season + Srna will probably play in midfield and not at right back!

For all of Croatia's attacking qualities , we shouldn't fear them imo.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Bilic is quitting after the Euros was announced at lunchtime not really the best news for any team a month before their first game.
Agree should have kept his gob shut on this,better for us
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 3:42pm
Quote from Bilic regarding the Ireland match, after naming his squad:

"With all due respect I feel for them, we want to start the tournament with three points. They are our chance"

I can understand why he would say this. The Ireland match is the best chance for Croatia to get 3 points. They waltzed through us in the friendly last year and we got away with a 0-0.
But I think Trap will go into the first match looking for a draw. He's Italian, after all. They always do that.

Draw v Croatia
Loss v Spain
Win v Italy

Through with 4 points!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 3:39pm
Bilic is quitting after the Euros was announced at lunchtime not really the best news for any team a month before their first game.
magnumpi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnumpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 3:28pm
Was at Villa v Spurs last weekend and Modric was awful, but some of his first touches were subperb.

He's a class player, but just as capable as having an off-day as anyone else.
Catman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 3:20pm
We're always going to be defensive and cautious but if we show a little bit more adventure in this game, which I think we will, grabbing a goal or two here, with our defence, gives us a great chance of an opening win and we'd be going into the Spain game sky high.

Having said that, his analysis "Their organisation is good, but it is not impossible to get a 1-on-1 situation with the goalkeeper." is spot on

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:33pm
Need something from the game. Think it's our best chance of getting 3 points though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic