You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alan Judge - The Irish Messi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by c90 c90 wrote:

Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Embarrassed
Originally posted by coldzebra coldzebra wrote:

The thread title is correct.

Notts County have began to sell t-shirts in their store which label Judger the "Irish Messi". The starter of this thread merely picked this up from Sky Sports News as it has been doing the rounds lately. The t-shirts by all accounts are flying out the door. You need only search Twitter for "Alan Judge" to see the amount of praise he's been getting lately. Apparently he's nailed on for League One Goal of the Season too.

Iv'e known Judger since I was 5. We went to school together. He's quite embarrassed about the "Messi" comparison but thinks it's funny regardless. He just wants to get on playing his football. He thinks he might be moving on next season but there's been no concrete offers yet. The lad has talent but I think the Championship is his level.
  Cheer Coldzebra.  Felt a bit silly at the time as I thought I was hearing things and to be perfectly honest I never heard of this player (Judge).  Has he played much underage- how did he do at it?  The Wiki page doesn't give too much info.  He looks a cracking little player- no messinSmile
according to a friend in the know, Judge is gonna miss the poland trip due to personal reasons.Tongue
Aww that's just messed up!
5 goals to go Robbie!
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by coldzebra coldzebra wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypXe3jR_f00 5/6 goals from Judger in this.
Some great strikes from him,he hits the bar about 8 times at the end!!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Real Irlanda Real Irlanda wrote:

Unfortunately Im a Blackburn fan and Andrews was not 1st choice under Sam Allardyce for large periods during hisa time thee. The fans didnt rate him and used to boo him alot of the times he got the ball.

I will agree Steve Kean is a clown, and also Venkys are a shower of b*****ds

Ah yeah i was aware that he wasn't always a regular and he was a Paul Ince signing hence why the fans didn't take to him which was unfair imo.

But like are you telling me Andrews wouldn't be a decent option to have at present for Blackburn because i would. Kean is clueless and out of his depth at this level , i said it months ago!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coldzebra View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldzebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:34pm
I'm surprised not many people here have heard of him before to be honest. He played at every youth level possible for Ireland and captained the U21's on at least one occasion.
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:21pm
I remember seeing him playing for the U-21's, I can't say he stood out too much.  
Say nothing till you hear more
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 9:37am
Linked with Reading today. Big step up for him but worth the shot if it comes off
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Linked with Reading today. Big step up for him but worth the shot if it comes off

He has nothing to lose , if it works out happy days but sure if it doesn't plenty of clubs down the lower leagues would be only too glad to take him.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

AlexLoxate View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexLoxate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 1:34pm
He's not a young lad in football terms, so he should take every opportunity to move up.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:42pm
Great right foot.
Hope he gets a move up. Good luck to himClap
TheMightyQuinn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 5:15pm
lee trundle 2.0
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn TheMightyQuinn wrote:

lee trundle 2.0
god!!deserved a go for us at his peak

mccarticus View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mccarticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn TheMightyQuinn wrote:

lee trundle 2.0

god!!deserved a go for us at his peak

agreed. shouldve been called up by stan for that american trip...had to have been more worthy than joe lapira
Sheedy wins it back, Sheedy shoots....
TheMightyQuinn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 10:32pm
he most certainly should have been given an opportunity at his peak, but his total lack of professionalism and disregard for physical fitness made him the type of player who would be hard for a manager to stick his neck out for... the guy was fat as sin...but fun as hell to watch.
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 7:56pm
Now that Alan Judge has signed for Blackburn, hopefully they can have a good start to the upcoming season and he can push for an Ireland call up. 

Snagtree View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snagtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 12:58am
doubt trap would like him
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Snagtree Snagtree wrote:

doubt trap would like him

Why?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Snagtree View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snagtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:42pm
Im just going by the name really haven't seen much of him. I presume hes not a trap type work horse midfielder  Although does he play on the wing as well?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:06pm
If he's good enough he will get a chance.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
  Share Topic