FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alan Judge - The Irish Messi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 8:06am
Any update on his broken arm? I assume he has left the squad.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 7:04am
Cracking free from Alan for the Duffy goal.

Edited by Double Maxim - 08 Jun 2019 at 8:13am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

That's it. I campaign for not calling up players in League one. I prefer players from the MLS the a-league and the league of Ireland before them.   

I said that Chris Mccann. Cillian Sheridan, Tommy Mcnamara and Andy Keogh or Roy O'Donovan instead of them even Anthony Stokes who constantly is being attacked by most posters. We can't play league one or league 2 players.
LOL

Judge had to take what was offered. There was no guarantee another Championship club were going to come in for him and certainly not with a deal of similar length. 
I am also sure that Ipswich expect to be challenging for promotion next year, but I wouldn't be so sure about that.
He would be an idiot not to take it.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:58am
That's it. I campaign for not calling up players in League one. I prefer players from the MLS the a-league and the league of Ireland before them.   

I said that Chris Mccann. Cillian Sheridan, Tommy Mcnamara and Andy Keogh or Roy O'Donovan instead of them even Anthony Stokes who constantly is being attacked by most posters. We can't play league one or league 2 players.

Edited by Gerry Geary - 06 Apr 2019 at 9:00am
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:31am
Wouldn't be overly concerned with this. Sure McGeady is in League One and some are still calling for his inclusion.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 3:23am
He got it for real. Same for us odowda and Mickey jhonston...maybe that Duffy kid
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 10:40pm
At 31 he's not going to improve, so it's no big deal that he's dropping down a division.

I think the main thing is that he's playing week in week out and if he can become a half decent option for Ireland so be it.  
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Jaysis, what an eeijit. He seemed to be doing ok, and thus probably would have been picked up by another Championship side, which was surely the point of signing a 6 month deal...

I dont know, he hasnt exactly been pulling up trees. Hard for him to turn down a 2 year contract with the option of a 3rd at his age and with his injury history ...and its not as if hes regular at International putting his place at risk by dropping down a division.

Might do him a world of good anyway, get him back on the right track like McGeady this season.

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 10:12pm
Turns 31 this year, and will be playing in the third tier for the foreseeable future. Probably time to forget about this guy and focus on the likes of Crowley and Byrne.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 9:58pm
Jaysis, what an eeijit. He seemed to be doing ok, and thus probably would have been picked up by another Championship side, which was surely the point of signing a 6 month deal...
We're decent enough..
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 9:36pm
Has signed a two-year contract at League One-bound Ipswich.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

It's almost sad watching him against Norwich, his balance and coordination seem to have completely abandoned him.
Can't say I've seen him play for Ipswich but reports I've read have been glowing. Set up Will Keane at the weekend for the equalizer and prior to that journos were commenting on his remarkable energy levels in his games to date for the tractor boys.

Havin watched him play regularly for Brentford I really can't wait to see him line out under Mick.
He was referring to his performance against Norwich and it was a fair assessment.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Sullivinho Sullivinho wrote:

It's almost sad watching him against Norwich, his balance and coordination seem to have completely abandoned him.
Can't say I've seen him play for Ipswich but reports I've read have been glowing. Set up Will Keane at the weekend for the equalizer and prior to that journos were commenting on his remarkable energy levels in his games to date for the tractor boys.

Havin watched him play regularly for Brentford I really can't wait to see him line out under Mick.

Originally posted by Mick McCarthy Mick McCarthy wrote:

“I was impressed again with Alan Judge as well. Alan was very unfortunate with the injury he picked up when playing at Ipswich with Brentford and I am delighted to see him back to his best.”
I'm out of practice at judging Mick's international mind but that quote, the possibility of lip service aside, has to be promising for the lad anyway.

he went to watch Ipswich play Derby last week. I'm assuming that is the game he is referring to in the quote.

Edited by colemanY2K - 18 Feb 2019 at 11:18am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 10:53am

Originally posted by Mick McCarthy Mick McCarthy wrote:

“I was impressed again with Alan Judge as well. Alan was very unfortunate with the injury he picked up when playing at Ipswich with Brentford and I am delighted to see him back to his best.”

I'm out of practice at judging Mick's international mind but that quote, the possibility of lip service aside, has to be promising for the lad anyway.

Edited by Sullivinho - 18 Feb 2019 at 10:57am
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 9:51am

Edited by colemanY2K - 18 Feb 2019 at 9:54am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Will Keane has one of the worst scoring records iv ever seen for a striker at 26

I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing him traipse the ashes of his cremated England dream around the Aviva and elsewhere.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 2:30am
not particularly looking forward to the next two years under Mick... hope im proved wrong
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 12:03am
Will Keane has one of the worst scoring records iv ever seen for a striker at 26
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
  Share Topic