You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Vienna - Travel & Accommodation - FAQ on Page 27
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - Travel & Accommodation - FAQ on Page 27

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 77>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vienna - Travel & Accommodation - FAQ on Page 27
    Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:17pm
Okay, I know this trip is obviously well over a year away, and has loads of other trips before it but I came across a site with cheap buses across that part of europe: www.orangeways.com. They run buses from Budapest to Vienna from about €10 each way. Munich and Bratislava are also options. Trains from €29 each way from Munich to Vienna, Bratislava is even cheaper (it's right over the border).

Edited by SuperDave84 - 04 May 2012 at 11:29pm
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:31pm
Very good price for that.
i hear vienna is pretty expensive as i was thinking of treating the parents to a few days there and meeting up with them over there and bring the auld fella to the match.ill book it at xmas
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 1:42am
Defo doing Vienna, Germany will be a nightmare for tickets, as will Sweden. Kazakhstan and fairies are too soon after Poland for me. I might try Sweden also if I get a ticket but Austria is a definite.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:13am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Defo doing Vienna, Germany will be a nightmare for tickets, as will Sweden. Kazakhstan and fairies are too soon after Poland for me. I might try Sweden also if I get a ticket but Austria is a definite.

They all have 50,000-ish seater stadiums..... provided the Austrians don't move our game to Salzburg. The Swiss have a big new stadium in Stockholm so need to worry there. Cologne shouldn't be a problem (well, not to those of us who go to Kstan Wink or the Faroes)
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:30am
Austria away is followed 5 weeks later by Germany away. Gonna be a nightmare financially, but cracking couple of trips in quick succession, as the campaign reaches its conclusion!
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:33am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

They all have 50,000-ish seater stadiums..... provided the Austrians don't move our game to Salzburg. The Swiss have a big new stadium in Stockholm so need to worry there. Cologne shouldn't be a problem (well, not to those of us who go to Kstan Wink or the Faroes)
Confused
Stockholm is in Sweden
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:34am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Confused
Stockholm is in Sweden

2am post. I meant Swedes. Whoops. All that talk of Austria and Salzburg sort of moved my thinking to that part of the world. They played one game there last time round (admittedly it was the game v Kstan, all the others were in Vienna).

Edited by SuperDave84 - 05 May 2012 at 2:37am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 7:22am
Avery good city I must say and easy to get there , like people said Brat and Ryan air do cheap flights there only a hop across the border or pay a bit more then fly direct , looking forward to going again .Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 7:57am

Okay, I know this trip is obviously well over a year away, and has loads of other trips before it but I came across a site with cheap buses across that part of europe: www.orangeways.com. They run buses from Budapest to Vienna from about €10 each way. Munich and Bratislava are also options. Trains from €29 each way from Munich to Vienna, Bratislava is even cheaper (it's right over the border).

I would be 90% sure the game will be held in the Ernst Hapeol stadium in Vienna,best in the country for atmosphere, its Rapid Viennas ground, holds 50,00,they play every home game there as long as its against a nation that will bring a  decent amount of fans,Only once have a i seen an Austrian game here in Salzburg,that was against Kazakhstan in the opening qualifier for Euro 2012,the ground holds 31,00, only half  the ground was full,and the tickets were only 13€!Aer Lingus fly direct to Vienna and Munich,Ryanair fly to a place called Memmingen,1 hour and 10€ on a bus from Munich train station, in Munich there is a train fare called the BAYERN ticket which allows 5 people to travel on the one ticket for 30€(6 € each)when you get to Salzburg or anywhere in Austria there is a similar deal called the EINFACH RAUS ticket which 5 people can travel anywhere in Austria by rail on the one ticket for 26€ (5.20€ each) will take about 3-4 hours from Salzburg to Vienna,Ryanair also fly to Bratislava, from Bratislava bus station there is a bus to Vienna on the hour every hour for 7€, will take just over an hour,Budapest is about 2 and a half hours from Vienna,not sure on the buses -trains ,but i will let you know more when i head up there for the Ireland match next month, lots of hostels in Vienna,Wombats hostel is the best,great bar inside as well!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:24am
going to do this a bit differently, as i am going with the missus I am going to stay in Hallstatt, should be enough to do Cologne via Brussells or Amsterdam on my own Smile

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 12:39pm
Could be a good option to use Bratislava as a base for this match. Ryanair fly there from Dublin, it's an hour from Vienna and it's cheap.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 12:54pm
Flights to Bratislava will rocket around the dates of this match. Michael O'Leary never misses a trick.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Could be a good option to use Bratislava as a base for this match. Ryanair fly there from Dublin, it's an hour from Vienna and it's cheap.

Do not for your own sake use bratislava as a base. an absolute toilet of a city id never steo foot in the place again. id rather stay in vienna and pay extra
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Using Bratislava as a Base ? Confused 

Condsidering I know people who went to the last game in Slovkia and they based themselves in Vienna (and the Ireland game wasn't even played in Brat) says a lot.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 1:29pm
Id rather stay in the city of the game as the atmosphere will always be better
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

going to do this a bit differently, as i am going with the missus I am going to stay in Hallstatt, should be enough to do Cologne via Brussells or Amsterdam on my own Smile

Hallstatt is a grand place,your moth will love it !
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:23pm
Im hoping to do Austria Germany and Sweden with or without tickets. I have to travel by train to these so it'll be Eurostar/DB and co all the way for me. Long winded way of getting there but doable all the same.
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Midlands Midlands wrote:

Im hoping to do Austria Germany and Sweden with or without tickets. I have to travel by train to these so it'll be Eurostar/DB and co all the way for me. Long winded way of getting there but doable all the same.

Germany easy, one change (from London) in Brussels to get to Cologne. I think there are direct Cologne - Vienna sleepers as well afaik. Also, a daily Cologne to Copenhagen sleeper and then direct onwards to Stockholm. Time consuming but if you book in advance not too expensive (I mean, it costs more than flying but not too much more).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 77>
  Share Topic