You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any Lone Travelers to Poland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Standup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Lone Travelers to Poland
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:39am
Alright Lads and Lassies,

I'm heading to Poland after getting tickets and flights sorted. Thing is I'm heading over on my own for the Croatia game and wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I have my match tickets sorted and all just seeing if there was anyone looking for a travel buddy!! I know I won't be short of bumping into Irish people over there, as I've gone to a few away games but just seeing if anyone is in the same boat. 

I'm sure I am not the only one here that is traveling on their own but it cuts costs if there is two people and an extra bit of security. Just throwing it out there. I couldn't find any other thread similar to this, just regarding accommodation etc. If its in the wrong place, I'm sure mods will correct it and sorry for the trouble.
Sponsored Links

gb198115 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gb198115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:19pm
If ur 20-30yr old female with no ronnie there will be a few takers
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 3:40pm
Me! I keep having ppl go then drop out but I can see myself travel alone!
Did it to Australia and have more friends there in a few months than back home
So shouldnt be hard! :)

Edited by Pubes - 04 May 2012 at 3:41pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 4:00pm
My old man will be on his own for three days as I've got to fly home the day after the Spain game. I'm flying back over for the Italy match.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
saggartbohs View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saggartbohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 4:00pm
might have a free spot in a campervan. Where you flying into?
Meehall1888 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meehall1888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 4:30pm
I'm gonna be in Poznan for the Croatia game on my own - my plan is to turn up with a crate and make friends - no ticket, no place to stay or anything like that, just going for the craic and hopefully a Green victory!

I'm more than up for joining forces - i'm in Berlin from the 6th til the 9th then Poznan thereafter :)

Meehall.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 7:36pm
I was gonna start a thread about this too. I had a ticket for Tallin, but gave it up cos no one wouldn go, were broke, or couldn't get time off work. There was no one reliable enough to go with this time either, And there was no way I was gonna miss out again. 

Traveled around Asia for a month on my own and loved it, so 2 weeks(hopefully 3) should be easy enough.
Staying in hostels will be a help as well trying to meet people.

Edited by darmack - 04 May 2012 at 7:37pm
The dark side.. And the light
domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:09pm

This is a great thread fair play lads heading out there on your own thats dedicationClap for ya.Was heading out on my own as well then i got a few blow ins at the last minuteThumbs Up

Shake and Bake
mattie holland1 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattie holland1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:14pm
I found out this week that all my crew have dropped out, I was gonna cancel (i dunno about a woman travelling on her own!) but feck it I think I'll still go...I'm sure I'll meet plenty out there, I hope anyway! 
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:55pm
Just get pished and you'll latch on with some lads alot handier than if sober but went to Leige+Tallinn on me todd and had a great time as 99% of the support will always welcome you to join them, more so if yer pished as your likely to buy them a drink LOL
paddy cork View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddy cork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:56pm
i was on my own going too but then the brother decided to come as well after i got tickets for the croatia game on the resale portal.we are flying from cork to amsterdam on the sat morning(70 euro) and then taking the sleeper train(jan kipura)(60 euro) at 6 in the evening to poznan arriving at 8 in the morning. got a room(for sunday night) this week (49 euro)5 minutes from station. flying home from poznan to cork monday night(80 euro).hopefully everything will go well.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:58pm
You might get lucky then Philliy (for a drink), I might take Nvidic up on that spare bed in Gdansk.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

You might get lucky then Philliy (for a drink), I might take Nvidic up on that spare bed in Gdansk.
Good man Clap

I drink bottles off vodka or jaegermeister just so you know Big smile
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:19pm
minis yeah?

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:38pm
Clap
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:45pm
Nobody ends up on their own on an Ireland Away TripThumbs Up
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Nobody ends up on their own on an Ireland Away TripThumbs Up

Clap  Never been more amongst friends than any time I went solo and met great people long the way.
Clap
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:09am
Originally posted by mattie holland1 mattie holland1 wrote:

I found out this week that all my crew have dropped out, I was gonna cancel (i dunno about a woman travelling on her own!) but feck it I think I'll still go...I'm sure I'll meet plenty out there, I hope anyway! 

Just say yer name is Vicky and keep asking for Mr. Antrim Man   
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic