You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats the most you ever paid for tickets?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by magnumpi magnumpi wrote:

I think the pricing from Uefa has been an absolute joke. If you look at the seating plans, €70 (without factoring in admin costs) is effectively behind the goal, and €120 tickets are in the corner, albeit in the stand that is adjacent to the sideline - for €120 you'd be expecting halfway-line  tickets. Basically, if you see anyone in a suit walking to the game, you know where they'll be sitting.

SPOT on!! I got Cat 1 tickets for the Ireland V Croatia Game and have just seen the seating Plan for the stadium and my Ticket isnt even on the sideline at all, its right up in the corner and from what I can see is almost Cat 3 never mind Cat 2. I'm delighted to have gotten tickets but have to be honest I feel royally ripped off by UEFA paying €120 + for these tickets.
I used to be a schizophrenic.......and so was I
Sponsored Links

Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Dam'd Dam'd wrote:

Ireland v France in Lansdowne road 2006 - €200 for a €25 ticket and we lost to an Henry goal!!
Very embarrassed to say this but I paid €750 that day. One of the stupidest things I've done. I sold it back to a tout for €250 a few minutes later after it turned out my mate had one for me. Paid €350 for Basel 03 also...never again. I had gone a bit fever pitch back then ! Confused 
<insert witty comment>
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Cookie Monster wrote:

Originally posted by magnumpi magnumpi wrote:

I think the pricing from Uefa has been an absolute joke. If you look at the seating plans, €70 (without factoring in admin costs) is effectively behind the goal, and €120 tickets are in the corner, albeit in the stand that is adjacent to the sideline - for €120 you'd be expecting halfway-line  tickets. Basically, if you see anyone in a suit walking to the game, you know where they'll be sitting.

SPOT on!! I got Cat 1 tickets for the Ireland V Croatia Game and have just seen the seating Plan for the stadium and my Ticket isnt even on the sideline at all, its right up in the corner and from what I can see is almost Cat 3 never mind Cat 2. I'm delighted to have gotten tickets but have to be honest I feel royally ripped off by UEFA paying €120 + for these tickets.

That's my biggest worry and complaint about the pricing on those tickets. There is a massive range of views contained within one ticket category.
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:07pm
Percentage wise I paid 500% over the odds for an Estonia away ticket which only equates to 75 euro but I would be willing to be pay 2-300 for the Croatian and Spain games when I get over there.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:10pm
€250 for oxegen ticket and then in football terms €152 for my spain ticket for the euros 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 4:17am
100 f**king pounds for two tickets for the schoolboy terrace (about 8 quids worth at the time, I think) V. Spain, Oct. '93 - and then we lost 3-1 :/

Highlight of that particular day was a group of lads after the game who had a flag with a naked woman on it, chanting "there's only one Mary Harney" Clap

Edited by Fitz - 04 May 2012 at 4:19am
BagOfArse View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BagOfArse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:07pm
€250 minutes before that France match in 06.I was just a first year apprentice at the time as well and the occasion got the better of me.Went to sit in me seat and there was some lad already in there,said it "happens every game" with his seat.Spent 90 minutes standing behind a concrete column infront of the old corporate boxes in the west stand.I get more bitter about this ticket every year!
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:14pm
600 pounds sterling for Celtic v Porto in Seville, 2003.  Cry
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:00am
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Jaysus - that is some price!
jpbb03 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbb03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:10am
I heard the last match between Barca and Real were going for 2000 euro.  I could be wrong, but that's the rumor I got.

You are extremely fortunate if you can find a Superbowl ticket for less than $1000 over here.  That would be a great deal.  Most would pay $1500-3000 to see the game and when you factor in the stadium normally holds 70,000+, your seats could still suck.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:20am
Originally posted by jpbb03 jpbb03 wrote:

I heard the last match between Barca and Real were going for 2000 euro.  I could be wrong, but that's the rumor I got.

You are extremely fortunate if you can find a Superbowl ticket for less than $1000 over here.  That would be a great deal.  Most would pay $1500-3000 to see the game and when you factor in the stadium normally holds 70,000+, your seats could still suck.

A few mates were thinking of going to Indy this year and tickets were $2400 up in the nosebleeds... 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:23am

http://www.nfl.com/help/faq

Quote Requests for Super Bowl XLVII, to be played Feb. 2013 in New Orleans, will be accepted beginning Feb. 1, 2012 until June 1, 2012. Your request for admittance into the drawing should include Full Name, address, city, state, zip, phone, and email. They should be sent to:

Super Bowl Random Drawing
P.O. Box 49140
Strongsville, OH 44149-0140

I remember reading that they are on average 7-fold oversubscribed for the lottery. Still, price is low enough AND you are guaranteed to sell for a massive profit. If the oversubscription is 7-fold, my amateur maths tells me that you are 14% likely to get one the first year, 26% within 2 years, 37% within three years, 46% within four years, 53% within five years, 60% within 6 years and 66% within 7 years. The potential profit is pretty massive, for the cost of a few stamps.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:27am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Quote Requests for Super Bowl XLVII, to be played Feb. 2013 in New Orleans, will be accepted beginning Feb. 1, 2012 until June 1, 2012. Your request for admittance into the drawing should include Full Name, address, city, state, zip, phone, and email. They should be sent to:

P.O. Box 49140

I remember reading that they are on average 7-fold oversubscribed for the lottery. Still, price is low enough AND you are guaranteed to sell for a massive profit. If the oversubscription is 7-fold, my amateur maths tells me that you are 14% likely to get one the first year, 26% within 2 years, 37% within three years, 46% within four years, 53% within five years, 60% within 6 years and 66% within 7 years. The potential profit is pretty massive, for the cost of a few stamps.

Huh - never even heard about this. Cheers. I'll be applying.... Pats have a decent shot at getting back there. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Boston Hoop Boston Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

P.O. Box 49140

Huh - never even heard about this. Cheers. I'll be applying.... Pats have a decent shot at getting back there. 

And if you get some and the Pats don't make it, you can sell them on for an absolute bomb.

Just remember one application per address...... but you can apply for a pair of tickets per application. Also, it doesn't say anything about applying under your parents, sisters, neighbours addresses etc etc.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 3:15am

Jaysus! Fair play man - pity we were f**king robbed over there; a victory would have made it well worth the price :/
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 5:29am
400yoyos for last year champs lge and was then offered 1000 for it
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:55am
210 quid for Download tickets. The most I've spent on a sports ticket was 27.50 for a Leinster match.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
AKOT View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:26am

payed 300 irish pounds to be in Porto end  got moved to the half way line in the celtic section 
much better view of the dissapointment
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic