FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe positivily one and only Stephen Irela

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The positivily one and only Stephen Irela
    Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 8:13am
Stephen Ireland or more appropriatly, Stephen Manchester (thanks Yank) thread wherein you can call him whatever you want and comment on any stories about him. You can also completely ignore him.

My comment is one word. It begins with P and ends with RICK.
There are friendlier places to drink.
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 8:15am
Please please please let this be the be all and end all thread on this lad.

Clearly not right in the head at all but im leaving it at that
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 8:57am
worst thread ever. cannot believe this sh1te
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

worst thread ever. cannot believe this sh1te

Come on HM! If we don't restrict this shyte to one thread it will be popping up all over the place and I for one am sick of it. Hold on, maybe I'll be in contention for a place in YBIG 16's worst postings?
There are friendlier places to drink.
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 12:25pm
Its his choice. If he doesnt want to play he doesnt have to.I wish before every international we didnt have to go through the whole is he or isnt he coming back. He isnt going to coming back end of.
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 1:33pm
Interview in today's Sunday Times, you'd be better served to go and read that and then forget about this person. Forever.
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

Interview in today's Sunday Times, you'd be better served to go and read that and then forget about this person. Forever.

my final final final final words on this..... forever,  as he is gone now so hes not an ireland player to me or his country!

'I'm unsure about the situation there, for my part I'll never say never, but to be honest I don't miss it,' he says. 'I'm happy doing what I'm doing right now. I've got three young children and my commitments at the moment are to my club and my family. International football takes you away from home, and at the moment I feel I'm better off being away from it. I enjoy my life at the moment and I don't really want to change it, though as I say you should never say never.'

the cheek of him to say "never say never". does he think when he wants he could just swan back in!AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry. he has made his mind up so all people here who said they will welcome him back I hope they have clarity on his situation now! Who the hell is he anyway? does he think he is Roy Keane? hes a good player on form and thats it not some superstar saviour or the Irish team!!!!!!!

last words on Manchester from me ever!Angry

packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 2:01pm
just to say trappa and tardelli were at city's game today, maybe just for dunne then..............?
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Bondvillain View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 4:01pm
Hopefully this can be put to bed now.

For what it's worth, the chap put his job and his family first, he puts them before something that obviously causes him stress and troubles.

If he thinks he's better off being away from the National squad, so be it. He's obviously of a mind that if he were to be part of it, he wouldn't be in a mental state to offer 100% , and the last thing he'd need is a "big return" heralded by the press to turn out to be lacklustre. I personally would have liked him to come back, but not if he wasn't up for it, or was in a mood that would cause disruption.

I reckon tha lads not stupid, and he knows that some of our fans would turn on him were he to come back, and turn on him even more so if he were to perform under par after such a long time away, and so he's chosen not to come back at this moment in time, cos he feels he doesn't have the mental strength to perform in the face of the anger his past actions have caused.

This decision might be the best thing for player and country in the long run.

To be fair, though,  the boy cant win :

If he said "I'm coming back" elements would cry "Who does the bollix think he is?"
If he said "I'm NEVER coming back" elements would cry "Who does the bollix think he is?"
He's simply said "never say never" , the least confrontational thing he's ever said under the circumstances, and people still think he's a bollix for saying it... Tough call.

Anyway, like I said, hopefully we can put the "hilarious" accusations of homosexuality; kindergarten jokes about his personal appearance; ill-contained hatred & abusive emails sent to the charity that he's the patron of , to the back of our minds and get on with our future with the very best XI we have.

Edited by Bondvillain - 28 Sep 2008 at 4:03pm
Forza Verde!
darmurt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 5:36pm
id say his women says what goes {come home now}....{dont play with them irish w**ker bullys again}..{i want a big black jeep with pink wheels}.{.id fancy ya more if ya had hair..}..{here...............wear these superman shorts i bought 4 ya would b great to do a goal celebration and show them off}.......{.tell them ur granny is dead }...{fools }...whaaa.....then tell them its the other granny..{the fools will still believe it}....goodbye steven manchester...u cud have been good enough to lace phil babbs boots...but instead you were a pussy
darmurt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 5:39pm
i dont give ash*t how good he is or becomes .....when you turn your back on your country ... you can fcuk right off....if he wasnt making so much money at city it would b a different story
shelsman85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 5:48pm
Sum1 please end dis thread cause i can see sumtin disastrous happeninNuke

darmurt just mentioned "turnin your bac on your country". Once sum1 says dat, sum1 else will mention saipan n all hell will brake out againOuch

Edited by shelsman85 - 28 Sep 2008 at 5:57pm
We Gdansk if we want to!!!
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 5:51pm
Jaysus its True, Shels cant  spell?
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
shelsman85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 5:56pm

Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Jaysus its True, Shels cant  spell?

My apologies brianie, think i might of had 1 2 many ERDINGERS watchin MOTD2

We Gdansk if we want to!!!
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 2:48am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

my final final final final words on this..... forever,  as he is gone now so hes not an ireland player to me or his country!

'I'm unsure about the situation there, for my part I'll never say never, but to be honest I don't miss it,' he says. 'I'm happy doing what I'm doing right now. I've got three young children and my commitments at the moment are to my club and my family. International football takes you away from home, and at the moment I feel I'm better off being away from it. I enjoy my life at the moment and I don't really want to change it, though as I say you should never say never.'

the cheek of him to say "never say never". does he think when he wants he could just swan back in!AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry. he has made his mind up so all people here who said they will welcome him back I hope they have clarity on his situation now! Who the hell is he anyway? does he think he is Roy Keane? hes a good player on form and thats it not some superstar saviour or the Irish team!!!!!!!

last words on Manchester from me ever!Angry

Right, well from that interview we can safely say, that's the end of him. Time to finally move on

Tash Kent View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 4:43am

Yeah lets just forget about him, bet he will feel a bit stupid later when he sees everybody at his club go to play for their country and in tournaments and he is the only one left going nowhere.

Never say never is sh1te as well does he really think he can just come back when it suits him, says a lot about him that, no wonder loads of people have had problems with him, who would want somebody who has no pride in playing for their nation anyway.Thumbs%20DownAngry

Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 4:50am
Will read that article later.........now let's move on, no more Manchester threads PLEASE LADS.......
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 4:53am
Originally posted by McGoldrick2284 McGoldrick2284 wrote:

Please please please let this be the be all and end all thread on this lad.

Clearly not right in the head at all but im leaving it at that
Correct..heard over the weekend that one of the directors from Man City told him to get rid of those pink alloys or else they would kick him out..pity they didn't. The rest of our players don't want him back. he was given a million chances. He didn't take one of them. We are a well organised side now albeit we don't have talent in abundance but I for one would rather have honest lads than fooked up weirdos like that chap affecting the squad. No one player is bigger than any team. He knows what a phone is and he knows who he has to ring. I'm sick to the teeth about hearing about this fiasco- the team and supporters ( i.e. us) will go on regardless
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic