You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** Stolen Black Lexus IS 200 ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *** Stolen Black Lexus IS 200 ***
    Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Originally posted by David McWilliams David McWilliams wrote:

No I do realise that capitalism would not have bailed out he banks - and I would imagine that spreading the debt was the best idea for the democracy -

What would you call what the Irish general public are enduring now - or is there a title for this shambolic system.
Democracy?

Sad thing is that the elected reps are made up of mostly school teachers who really have no idea about economics or law - hence the simplest thing to do is allow the people who they can hit, to pay for it.

Noonans comments about 'if they can pay for sky they can pay rates property tax' it made me so angry - the irish general public did not create the problems we have - sure they did ride the coat tails but the real risk was taken by a whole different group, many of whom will manipulate the law to avoid taking any real responsibility.

Scumbags well they are the same - they are just thinking of what works for them- not about people in general

But if the top are doing it why should'nt they.

How is it democratic that a private company's debt is spread to every citizen in Ireland? Even children born today will be paying off the bank debt for most of their working lives! Companies in capitalism fail all the time. It's part of the parcel. The incentive for profit is the motive for risk taking, not the knowledge of knowing that if mistakes are made you will be bailed out.

While Democracy may work best at a national level local government really need to come in to play more. Take the financial pressure off the national government! Let's reduce tax and let the local authorities charge rates or fees to raise their own money for their own locality. Why should people in Leitrim pay taxes that goes towards Dublin Bus?

The two comments I bolded are surely contradictory? At one level you're saying we had absolutely nothing to do with the problems and you're giving out about Noonan increasing tax, yet at the same time you're saying that spreading this debt, which could only be done through increased revenue, is the best for "democracy". Neither are true. Noonan was right to increase tax that will fund local authorities and it was not right that FF bailed out the banks. The bank deal was good but it should never have been allowed to happen in the first place.

No time right now to reply to this and maybe we are hogging the stolen lexus thread, you bring up lots of interesting points -

No problemo. 
Sorry we stole your thread, mister.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 10:22am

No I do realise that capitalism would not have bailed out he banks - and I would imagine that spreading the debt was the best idea for the democracy -

What would you call what the Irish general public are enduring now - or is there a title for this shambolic system.
Democracy?

Sad thing is that the elected reps are made up of mostly school teachers who really have no idea about economics or law - hence the simplest thing to do is allow the people who they can hit, to pay for it.

Noonans comments about 'if they can pay for sky they can pay rates property tax' it made me so angry - the irish general public did not create the problems we have - sure they did ride the coat tails but the real risk was taken by a whole different group, many of whom will manipulate the law to avoid taking any real responsibility.

Scumbags well they are the same - they are just thinking of what works for them- not about people in general

How is it democratic that a private company's debt is spread to every citizen in Ireland? Even children born today will be paying off the bank debt for most of their working lives! Companies in capitalism fail all the time. It's part of the parcel. The incentive for profit is the motive for risk taking, not the knowledge of knowing that if mistakes are made you will be bailed out.

While Democracy may work best at a national level local government really need to come in to play more. Take the financial pressure off the national government! Let's reduce tax and let the local authorities charge rates or fees to raise their own money for their own locality. Why should people in Leitrim pay taxes that goes towards Dublin Bus?

The two comments I bolded are surely contradictory? At one level you're saying we had absolutely nothing to do with the problems and you're giving out about Noonan increasing tax, yet at the same time you're saying that spreading this debt, which could only be done through increased revenue, is the best for "democracy". Neither are true. Noonan was right to increase tax that will fund local authorities and it was not right that FF bailed out the banks. The bank deal was good but it should never have been allowed to happen in the first place.

No time right now to reply to this and maybe we are hogging the stolen lexus thread, you bring up lots of interesting points -
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 1:38pm
This was nearly a year ago, is the stolen black lexus 201 now?
Here we go again
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 1:21pm

Democracy?

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 11:01pm
i dont know really i would just like to  know what sort of people i am dealing with, they could be professional thieves and next time come up the stairs for keys
Its very frustrating being a Slob
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

ah its never going to be the same in the house anymore, ill never feel as safe as i use to

why is it not my business they were in my car and they chased them so they must have some sort of idea what sort of person it is

all i want to know is it foreigners young lads who am i dealing here with

Why does it matter where they are from ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 10:29pm
it was a terenure garda that caught them, cant seem to find him and he has f**k all in his report
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 10:13pm
Get in touch with a cop in the station?
Dundrum or Rathfarnham ?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 9:38pm
ah its never going to be the same in the house anymore, ill never feel as safe as i use to

why is it not my business they were in my car and they chased them so they must have some sort of idea what sort of person it is

all i want to know is it foreigners young lads who am i dealing here with
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Quiet night last night alright, still didnt have the best of sleeps though every little noise in the house woke me up

The garda caught them quick enough but my jaysus trying to get any info out of the garda now is unreal, they wont tell me a thing

It's not your business.

My sleep has been badly affected since my house was broken into. Especially Sunday and Monday nights after being on the gargle because the fear and anxiety kicks in.

About 2 weeks ago on a Monday night I got up and dressed 3 times during the night and start looking around the house for attempted break ins.

If you hear unusual noises you get up to scope the place out and double check everything is locked etc..
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 8:45pm
Quiet night last night alright, still didnt have the best of sleeps though every little noise in the house woke me up

The garda caught them quick enough but my jaysus trying to get any info out of the garda now is unreal, they wont tell me a thing
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 5:24pm
D16 Vigilante squad:

Othiek
Mr. Mojo Risin
Sausy(when sober)
Gaz
Bsm(Head honcho)
Shaygivensbum

The avengers ain't got sh*t on us
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 3:56pm
???

Confused
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Someone doesn't know what capitalism is...

It's a common mistake to confuse capitalism and what we have now.  Capitalism would not have bailed out the banks. Capitalism would not strangle the middle classes with high taxes. Capitalism would not accommodate spongers off the state. The middle make an economy in every society yet in Ireland it seems we hit them whenever we can. 

Off topic, but what would you call what we have now?

By the way, epic bicycle post SuperDave84Clap

Hard to tell. I suppose cronyism is possibly the most accurate. Big government keeps their big friends happy at the costs of everyone else. Now while FG are slowly changing this, I fail to see them changing it in the long run. FF's appointees  will soon be sacked but FG's appointees will soon take over.  I fail to see how this will change until people realise that the best way to have things run is in competition in the private sector. Competing with price, product and selling technique free from government intervention. 

There's also the welfare state. Stripping money from the middle and giving to those who can sponge rather than giving it to those who genuinely need it to stay fed and warm while they seek a job. Radical reform is needed in both areas but it won't come as elections are won by promises of tax breaks for the rich and welfare for the poor.

To finish on two brilliant quotes from two brilliant men. Firstly Thomas Sowell

And secondly God himself 

a reference to prostitution that I didn't get myself until googling it.

So what you're saying is Ireland is run like a Plutocracy (or Kleptocracy maybe?). If you were in charge, you'd have it almost fully Libertarian.

Velly intellesting, David. Although Reagan was a bollocks.

You know what you're spot on. I'd make sure no one has any morals and especially I would not enforce the law or come down tough on criminals.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

That macers still open 24 hours ??

drive thru open 24hr Thursday to Sunday I think. I've gone through it in a taxi plenty of times on the way home.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 2:48pm
That macers still open 24 hours ??
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Guards were pretty on the ball to catch them at Nutgrove in your car??

Caught them in the drive-thru from what I've been told.
What did they order?

Don't have the specifics but I do know one of them ordered a Big Mac with no cheese, hense they had to park up in one of the waiting spaces while that was being made up which is where they got caught.

ClapThem waiting spots are a tight squeeze when theres another car there,nearly ripped the side off an Audi a few weeks agoLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Guards were pretty on the ball to catch them at Nutgrove in your car??

Caught them in the drive-thru from what I've been told.
What did they order?

Don't have the specifics but I do know one of them ordered a Big Mac with no cheese, hense they had to park up in one of the waiting spaces while that was being made up which is where they got caught.

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic