You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scottish Celtic Fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samscafe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

[QUOTE=samscafe] What has changed, however, is Rangers fans now seem to support England and have stopped going to Scotland games.  Watching Scotland is now a much more pleasant experience.      

a relatively recent poll (last year) on the TAMB indicsted that the largest group of Scotland supporters were rangers fans ( nowithstanding those who sang you can shove the TA up your arse)

[QUOTE=colemanY2K]

The Tartan Army MB has about 60 members.   Anyway, I am talking about attending games.
Certain mods are complete wankstains
Sponsored Links

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by samscafe samscafe wrote:

[QUOTE=samscafe] What has changed, however, is Rangers fans now seem to support England and have stopped going to Scotland games.  Watching Scotland is now a much more pleasant experience.      

a relatively recent poll (last year) on the TAMB indicsted that the largest group of Scotland supporters were rangers fans ( nowithstanding those who sang you can shove the TA up your arse)

[QUOTE=colemanY2K]

The Tartan Army MB has about 60 members.   Anyway, I am talking about attending games.

Do you go around Hamden surveying people?

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 6:55pm

[QUOTE=colemanY2K]

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedthe TAMB has 41000 members no doubt similar to here some dorment some multiple but has been going longer than the YBIG.

As to attending games plenty on it attend both Home and away games which is what first got my interst as they played Georgia ( as we were due to), Italy in Bari,  Macedonia and alsois/ Sweden before us so was particurlity handy for routes/tips etc

So yeah I would imagine its a fair representative os Scotland fans, the largest grouping just of which were Rangers fans
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 7:36pm

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

We had 6,000 in Prague midweek in 07.

We brought almost 40,000 to Paris in 04 - appreciate a lot of factors like tickets freely available, saturday game etc but it was some crowd.  I don't recall Scotland bringing that many to the continent for a qualifier.

I'd say they have more away support recently but we would have had more for most of the previous 20 years.

The TA are better organised - proper travel clubs etc

Did we really have 6000 ?  at Prague, I was only at Bratislava dont recall that many at the weekend

40K was a great crowd TBF

Maybe they have less bandwagonnersLOL, they dont exactly have a bandwagon to jump on.

I was struck by the 8000 at Prague, thought it was a hell of a figure though Prague is an attractive venue. Their away scheme is in regular use given their numbers travelling

We had huge ticket issues in advance for Prague although the touts had loads.  Celtic Tiger was still in full swing then though.  Loads just can't afford it anymore. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 8:08pm

We had 6,000 in Prague midweek in 07.

We brought almost 40,000 to Paris in 04 - appreciate a lot of factors like tickets freely available, saturday game etc but it was some crowd.  I don't recall Scotland bringing that many to the continent for a qualifier.

I'd say they have more away support recently but we would have had more for most of the previous 20 years.

The TA are better organised - proper travel clubs etc

Did we really have 6000 ?  at Prague, I was only at Bratislava dont recall that many at the weekend

40K was a great crowd TBF

Maybe they have less bandwagonnersLOL, they dont exactly have a bandwagon to jump on.

I was struck by the 8000 at Prague, thought it was a hell of a figure though Prague is an attractive venue. Their away scheme is in regular use given their numbers travelling

We had huge ticket issues in advance for Prague although the touts had loads.  Celtic Tiger was still in full swing then though.  Loads just can't afford it anymore. 

Really? My mate and I got tickets the day of the game in a pub. Didn't even know there was ticketing issues Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 10:07pm

What has changed, however, is Rangers fans now seem to support England and have stopped going to Scotland games.  Watching Scotland is now a much more pleasant experience.      

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

You are whatever nationality you associate yourself with. e.g. People from Scotland by and large associate themselves as Scots, the basques the same, the catalans again the same etc. Citizenship is a different matter though. At this moment in time the Scots are citizens of the UK but that doesn't mean they have to sing GSTQ because that has nothing to do with nationality.

Confused Football eligibility is covered by articles 15 and 16 (article numbers have changed but not the content) Artcile 15 is the general eligibity that the vast majority of countrys  are governed by, basically nationality determines  eligibility . Article 16 covers where a single nationality (British)  entitles you to play for several teams. Players are entitled to play for Scotland because of this british nationality . In Kearns V IFA the nationalities in dispute were Irish and British, not Irish and Northern Irish . I sincerely hope Scotland gains its indepenance

Who gives a fook about FIFA/UEFA eligibility rules. We're talking about the fans and what they see themselves as not the players. Nationality is normally defined by your citizenship but not always ...sometimes by ethnicity. That's why the Scots who are ethnically different from the English have a right to sing their own national anthem. They define their nationality through ethnic terms.  
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic