You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galway United Supporters Trust

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 40414243>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 3:57pm
Yes I read "not anti-racist" as disagreeing with Equality and Inclusive messages in Irish Football. Another example of someone attracted to Football but Hates the Global World View it presents, there's a lot of that in Ireland.

Is Mike Buckley related to Eanna?
Timebombs like Buckley would have regularly voiced their opinions verbally. The same tolerance which allows a broad view point, tolerated the narrow-minded opinion aswell. It's at the verbal stage that narrow views need to be challenged.

Another concern, what decisions were taken, filtered by the narrow view, what exclusionary environment exists, just because an individual leaves an organisation, any organisation, doesn't mean the environment has changed.

And a last concern, Executive peer group is ripe for narrow view points. Probably the least diverse peer group based on Age, Gender, Ethnicity, Sexual orientation, Civil Status, Economic Class in the Airtricity League. At the very least, Language changes with Diversity -less opportunity to make with taboo/rude words. Equality and Inclusion messages should be directed at Exec. Comm. Members now more than ever.

Sport is adversarial and like targeting Individuals, so individual clubs get targeted in the same way, and it may not be progressive, just adversarial. But this is an opportunity to target Individual peer group 'Executive Committee Member' and question the value they put on Equality and Inclusion.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Sponsored Links

domo32GUST View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo32GUST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Was he former when he posted the rant?

To the best of my knowledge he had allready resigned before he posted his comments. He left Ireland today as he was starting a new venture abroad . If you listen to the podcast he said he was no longer on the board when he posted it. Again I cant stress enough that this was his own personal view on his own facebook page and not the view of the club. The media are having a field day of it.

Edited by domo32GUST - 31 Mar 2016 at 5:31pm
www.maroonarmy.boards.net 'One City, One County, One Club'
Portal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Mr. Paranoid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Not the brightest of bulbsLOL cheers Karl.

Definitely not the brightest - didn't YBIG have a couple of loose canons of it's own post embarrassing and damaging stuff on the forum last year?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Portal Portal wrote:

Definitely not the brightest - didn't YBIG have a couple of loose canons of it's own post embarrassing and damaging stuff on the forum last year?
I think JD and Coke is over it. Him and his partner like to keep a low profile.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Portal Portal wrote:

Are you comparing anonymous posters on a forum to an identifiable director of a club posting publically?
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 12:02pm
Good run of home games coming up starting with Harps. 2 from 2 at home this season. 5 scored, none conceded. Hopefully more of the same tomorrow! 
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 3:41pm
Every time I log on to this section  all I ever see is Rovers .

Just that Cool
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo32GUST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 3:33pm
Cracking game last night v Cork. Looking forward to Youths away next week 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo32GUST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:19am
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 1:30pm
Whats the story with this fella being banned by Galway for an abortion banner? Is he a whacko or what?

I have to say, I found it very strange when I was up in Galway in April that that little crew in the corner of the new stand had 2 Palestine flags, an LGBT flag, a banner with "JFT96" on it, and a starry plough flag. The anti-fascist fashion has spread down as far as Galway now I see after stops in Derry and Sligo. What a load of absolute bolloxs. 
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 1:43pm
Here the man in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqKmI6vKUUU

He screams to me of being a privileged head banger.
The crowd of gobsh*tes in the back clapping remind me of Noel Furlong and the St. Luke's youth Group in Father Ted.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 1:55pm
"As a man and a pro-choice activist, I see myself best suited to influence other young men to be pro-choice"

Coming from the individual in question himself in a long public Facebook rant on the issue. what a f**king clown 
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 3:19pm
Any sane Galway United fan would want to take this bloke to one side and tell him to f**k right off. Football is a place to leave this crap on the doorstep, but he's obviously having an effect on the young lads up there because the amount of flags and banners I saw up there was stupid. Im sure brandishing a Palestine flag at a LOI ground will be of great comfort to those in the middle of it. f**king idiots. 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 4:04pm
Good to see people putting a stop to this. At least they were protesting about Irish things unlike Derry and Bohs.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 7:22pm
This is the second time this gobsh*te has dragged uniteds name through the mud this season. He is not a fan and uses united to push his agendas. If he was a fan he could of tried to discuss it quietly with the board but instead he goes to the national papers and starts an online petition to get his ban removed. He has managed to convince a few 14/15 year olds of his ideas and if let back into the ground he will only do something again in a few months. 
Glad he is gone
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 10:09pm
Should have known it was that guy when I seen the story LOL
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 9:59am

I don't understand why these guys bring these banners to football. It is absolutely nothing to do with football.

Fairplay to these guys (Maroon army), they make great noise at games and do bring good colour but leave the Palestine flags and your other political banners at home ffs.

Big respect lost for them a few weeks ago in Bohs when some of these guys turned on their own fans over comments made about their flags.

Fairplay to the board for stepping in. If these fans care about the club enough they will leave the political banners at home.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Here the man in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqKmI6vKUUU

He screams to me of being a privileged head banger.
The crowd of gobsh*tes in the back clapping remind me of Noel Furlong and the St. Luke's youth Group in Father Ted.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 40414243>
  Share Topic