Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers supporters in Ireland thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:43am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Not winding up here, and i know this thread was started as one of those completely unfunny and at this stage played out ybig 'jokes', however, are these people from Galway, Dublin or wherever that you know who support the Huns serious fans or just doing it for a bit of attention seeking and winding up?

do they support ireland as well?
What do they think of every Irish international that plays at Ibrox being roundly booed for example?
Maybe there father or grandfather was a Rangers fan,and it was passed down
Its not that inconceivable is it?

its a tad strange for any irish person to start supporting Rangers in the first place. A club that has an open hatred for everything irish, but then again there are a lot of strange people about
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Not winding up here, and i know this thread was started as one of those completely unfunny and at this stage played out ybig 'jokes', however, are these people from Galway, Dublin or wherever that you know who support the Huns serious fans or just doing it for a bit of attention seeking and winding up?

What do they think of every Irish international that plays at Ibrox being roundly booed for example?

My friend is a massive Rangers supporter living in Donegal. It was passed down from his father, like the rest of his family. They were originally from Glasgow but moved here. His youngest brother was born in Ireland and supports both Rangers & Ireland as much as the other.

I know what you mean though about people doing it for the craic, one person back home wore a Rangers jersey just to rise celtic fans like myself.

thats conceivable then to be fair, if the family are originally from Glasgow and it was passed down
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:46am

The chap I use to hang around with was a sap! - but we were only 16 and he use to drink McEvans larger as well.

I have no idea what possessed him to support Rangers but he did.
I've a feeling he may have done it as a wind up but I am also sure he got bullied a lot.
He was the bullying type - fat, Rangers fan, sh*te at sport etc..
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Rangers Billy 2012 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rangers Billy 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:51am
Hello Hello we are the Billy boys
Hello Hello we are the Billy boys
We're up to our knees in fenian blood
Surrender or youll die
For we are the Bridgeton derry boys
Lagan Valley Loyal

No Surrender
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:51am
Richie Sadlier alawys worn one as a young fella,fact
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:01am
Originally posted by reder reder wrote:

In the gym last night, the lad beside me had a Rangers jersey. No problem with Rangers fans at all myself. Was at the UEFA cup final in Manchester and they were grand

Embarrassed

Surely youre taking the piss?
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Rangers Billy 2012 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rangers Billy 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:07am
We smashed Manchester up good that night big man
Lagan Valley Loyal

No Surrender
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:07am
Alan maybury was a rangers fan when he was young or that may ve been hearts actually.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Rangers Billy 2012 Rangers Billy 2012 wrote:

We smashed Manchester up good that night big man

LOL

Stephen Mcguiness is one iswell but i think we all knew he was an attention seeking goon long ago

LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:11am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Alan maybury was a rangers fan when he was young or that may ve been hearts actually.
Dunno bout that,was linked with(could have had a trial) Rangers and later played for Hearts(i think)
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:14am
heard Maybury was a rangers fan too. Brian Kerr rumoured to be one as well

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:17am
Maybury could well have been a Rangers fan. I lad I used to work with was in his class in school and he went to a protestant school on the northside.

A chap on a forum I used to post on was a big UCD, Ireland and Rangers fan. I think Dublinger was his username. He said his old man was a Rangers fan and it was passed down to him. One of my mates was also a Rangers fan, his Grandfather was Scottish and all his family were Rangers fans. He stopped following them after his first visit to Glasgow.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:19am

Brian Kerr is a Rangers fan as was his father and grandfather.  3 recent Irish Internationals Ritchie Sadlier, Alan Maybury and a 3rd who hasn't gone public are/were Rangers fans. 

I know quite a few Rangers fans in the Republic and they are as serious as your average Man United or Liverpool fan eg 1 home game every couple of seasons and watch the games on tv. 

I know of one of our regular aways fans under Jack who also followed Rangers everywhere at the time incl numerous european aways.  Haven't seen him at any of our games recently.

I know of a family of season ticket holders in the Aviva who went to Ibrox at least once this season and do follow Rangers - father went a bit more often before he had the kids.  

A former colleague goes to most home games and went to Japan(his only aways afaik although he could well be in Poland) and went to quite a few Rangers games.

Just because Rangers fans don't feel the need to show their British club allegiances at RoI games doesn't mean they don't exist. 

Spare me the anti Irish rubbish.  Rangers fans are anti Celtic (I wonder why Big smile) not anti Irish.
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:21am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Brian Kerr is a Rangers fan as was his father and grandfather.  3 recent Irish Internationals Ritchie Sadlier, Alan Maybury and a 3rd who hasn't gone public are/were Rangers fans. 

I know quite a few Rangers fans in the Republic and they are as serious as your average Man United or Liverpool fan eg 1 home game every couple of seasons and watch the games on tv. 

I know of one of our regular aways fans under Jack who also followed Rangers everywhere at the time incl numerous european aways.  Haven't seen him at any of our games recently.

I know of a family of season ticket holders in the Aviva who went to Ibrox at least once this season and do follow Rangers - father went a bit more often before he had the kids.  

A former colleague goes to most home games and went to Japan(his only aways afaik although he could well be in Poland) and went to quite a few Rangers games.

Just because Rangers fans don't feel the need to show their British club allegiances at RoI games doesn't mean they don't exist. 

Spare me the anti Irish rubbish.  Rangers fans are anti Celtic (I wonder why Big smile) not anti Irish.

Dont see how any Irish fan could sit in a s tand and listen to people sl*g our biggest loss of life ever.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:36am
the 3rd is probably Stephen Ireland
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:37am
Its a funny combination being a rangers fan and an ireland fan.id love to meet one at the aways.honestly though it would be very difficult to stomach their chants and banners after awhile.i remember being seething   at wembley when united played portsmouth in the charity shield a few years ago and when o shea misjudged a bounce,this united fan in front of me stood up and shouted O Shea ya Irish prick but that would be a rarity in uniteds support compared to what rangers would spout on a much larger scale.i wouldnt stick it if a club i supported as a kid had a noturious anti irish aspect, i wouldnt be long dropping them tbh
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jbyrne View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbyrne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:50am

or every rangers player (or player our fans thinks played for rangers!) getting booed when they play for their country in lansdowne? 
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:52am
Chris Turner is a Rangers fan

Know 2 lads in Galway who are Rangers fans.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic