Rangers supporters in Ireland thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rangers supporters in Ireland thread
    Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 3:02am
True enough, there has been little or no Scottish immigration to Ireland.
Sponsored Links

Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 1:51am
Originally posted by ScotsIrish ScotsIrish wrote:

Bit of a rangers love in this, a taxi driver (rangers fan) won't even speak to you when they hear the Irish accent, walk into the wrong pub with an Irish accent, you won't be walking out! I'm sure there are loads of rangers fans here, how many have been to a game and if they did how many would go back!

TBH I don't think Scottish people feel the same need to ingratiate themselves with us that we do with them. 

Fk all Scottish people live in Ireland or visit Ireland recreationally. We are not on their pulse.

You would not get Scottish Protestants who have absolutely no connection whatsoever to Ireland spontaneously deciding to support Celtic, or for the sake of argument, Shamrock Rovers.

It's quite the Rangers love in here. I don't hate Rangers but I'm not going to sit here defending them or bury my head in the sand either.

A lot of the Irish lads wearing Rangers jerseys or trying to curry favour with their fans wouldn't be long getting a hiding in Glasgow no matter how much they suck up to them.
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

the 3rd is probably Stephen Ireland

It's Jonny Hayes.
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Northerner Northerner wrote:

In Belfast city centre if you wore any old firm shirt (even a NI shirt) you'd expect a few remarks, is Dublin more relaxed than us barbarian Nordies?
you would quite a few Celtic jerseys around Dublin, other than that its like any other English city, EPL jerseys everywhere
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 1:51pm
He looks Texan or from one of these Southern American bible states.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

In Belfast city centre if you wore any old firm shirt (even a NI shirt) you'd expect a few remarks, is Dublin more relaxed than us barbarian Nordies?

Dublin is full of scrotes wearing Celtic jersey's unfortunately.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 1:46pm

Dublin is full of scrotes wearing Celtic jersey's unfortunately.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

haha it is a bit. never seen a rangers jersey in dublin that being said

apparently alan maybury and his brothers are  "green huns"

what school dukla do you mind me asking?

Seen plenty of Rangers jerseys in Phibsboro in 1984. Alas they went home with their tails firmly between their legs......the sole occassion in my life when i was happy to see Boez win a match.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 10:42am
haha it is a bit. never seen a rangers jersey in dublin that being said

apparently alan maybury and his brothers are  "green huns"

what school dukla do you mind me asking?

Northerner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northerner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 7:51pm
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Has anyone ever seen anyone in Ireland wearing a Rangers jersey, saw it once,unsual to say the least.
Remember a couple of older lads in our secondary school wearing them under their uniform...They were tough lads so I don't think anything was said to them!

Wouldnt mess with tough Donegal ladsLOL
Dukla View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Has anyone ever seen anyone in Ireland wearing a Rangers jersey, saw it once,unsual to say the least.
Remember a couple of older lads in our secondary school wearing them under their uniform...They were tough lads so I don't think anything was said to them!

Likewise a huge lad in sixth year wore one on a non-uniform day, I was only a wee first year at the time Embarrassed

The school itself was a Protestant one. Kids use to go around selling poppies, had a remembrance day ceremony on the 11 November, a Speaker came in once to tell us about William of Orange. Very unusual stuff for a school in Dublin thinking back.

I know of a few lads that go to Shels games that 'support' Rangers, I think it could be more to do with winding people up/their hatred for Celtic though than anything else, Then again I've also heard at least one of these guys has a good relationship with a some dodgy Linfield supporters in Belfast.

There's a spot in Blackpool near to Bloomfield road with 2 or 3 Rangers pubs right next to each other, street is covered in Union jack bunting all year. Have only just passed through the area before so wouldn't know what kind of reception you'd get if you decided to have a few drinks.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

One of the lads's mother brought him home the Rangers away Jersey (red and white squares) back in secondary school in about 96.He wanted a Blackburn Jersey LOL and they were both sponsored by McEwans at the time.He brought it into school and the lads stamped on it and threw it into the showers.He was sound as a bell so he wasn't going to get bullied over it and he he didn't give a sh*te what the lads done to it. 

My mates brother was on a stag in Achill with one of his mates from Scotland who was a Rangers.He's supposed to be a really quiet fella and they were drinking in that staunch Celtic bar up there.He was a quiet boy drinking that night but took the sl*gging well
jaysus them lads have no tact at all

Someone really should have sat them down and explained it to them
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 3:21pm

One of the lads's mother brought him home the Rangers away Jersey (red and white squares) back in secondary school in about 96.He wanted a Blackburn Jersey LOL and they were both sponsored by McEwans at the time.He brought it into school and the lads stamped on it and threw it into the showers.He was sound as a bell so he wasn't going to get bullied over it and he he didn't give a sh*te what the lads done to it. 

My mates brother was on a stag in Achill with one of his mates from Scotland who was a Rangers.He's supposed to be a really quiet fella and they were drinking in that staunch Celtic bar up there.He was a quiet boy drinking that night but took the sl*gging well
jaysus them lads have no tact at all
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 2:59pm

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

they were drinking in that staunch Celtic bar up there.He was a quiet boy drinking that night but took the sl*gging well

the minaun , i think it has shut down and good riddance, shower of bigots, was in there one day with a kiwi mate and they accused him of being english ( as if its a crime LOL)

great spot for an old firm game though LOL

LOL 
They're not the most cosmopolitan up there in Achill

I know one of the Malloy brothers well and he'd always be talking about his gigs in the place.He'd great time for the owners and wouldn't have a bad word to say about anyone.I'd try and get him going about that place that I might land in with a Union Jack for the craic one night,Obviously he knew I was only codding him.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 1:42pm

they were drinking in that staunch Celtic bar up there.He was a quiet boy drinking that night but took the sl*gging well

the minaun , i think it has shut down and good riddance, shower of bigots, was in there one day with a kiwi mate and they accused him of being english ( as if its a crime LOL)

great spot for an old firm game though LOL

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 1:39pm

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic