You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 138>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Who cares how he does for Athletico, when we know he can do the business against France with virtually no games all season. Model pro

He’s in his 30s as well not like he’s a 21yo who needs to be developing/learning his trade. Atletico needed cover in that position he became available it suited all parties. 

It’s a feather in his cap and I suspect it was a short term solution to just get him out of that hellhole called Spurs! I think he will move on in the summer. 

How was it a hellhole? He was getting games there. He has 12 minutes since his move. 

If he moved to another Premier League team and had 12 minutes the narrative would be this is a shambles, that manager should be sacked etc etc. But it's Atletico Madrid so it's seen as a positive. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Not a huge surprise but Doherty is being linked with various bottom half and newly promoted Premier League teams once his career break in Spain ends - Crystal Palace, Wolves, Burnley and Sheffield United.

Sounds like his agent trying to drum up some business!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 10:46pm
Watching Atletico here and they are winning comfortably 5-1, Molina has a goal and is on a yellow card and still no sign of Doherty coming on for him! Very frustrating. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 10:48pm
5 minutes to make a name for himself.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:19pm
Played five minutes. Completed one pass. Major progress.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:40pm

Did he get man of the match?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 12:03am
He'll be in with a shout of the la liga young player of the year if he keeps this going. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 7:21am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

He'll be in with a shout of the la liga young player of the year if he keeps this going. 
LOL
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 8:09am

Will he get a runners up medal if Atleti finish second?
You need 5 appearances to qualify for a winners medal 
El Puto Amo
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 2:38pm

100% pass completion is some going
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

100% pass completion is some going

It was only 50% - attempted two, completed one!
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 2:42pm
Graham Hunter was asked about Doherty on Off the Ball last week:

18mins 20sec.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Graham Hunter was asked about Doherty on Off the Ball last week:

18mins 20sec.

Minutes played? 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 10:47pm
An absolute terrible move for him. LOL
Hope he's getting a good wedge and enjoying the lifestyle.

TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 11:49pm
Doubt at this stage in his career that minutes are his priority tbf. Young Doc ain’t so Young no more.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 9:51am
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Doubt at this stage in his career that minutes are his priority tbf. Young Doc ain’t so Young no more.

Dont think thats fair, it was a move borne out of necessity and forced upon him by Spurs/his agent. He'll have learned plenty under Simeone. We will get a better idea of where his priorities lie during the summer, but I'm sure like most footballers, Doc wants to play every week. Let's hope he gets himself a move to a top flight club where he plays, the deal with Atletico was only a short term one and expires shortly.
Idah Dream!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 10:07am

Awh stop will ya ffs. He's played barely anything. At 31 there's plenty left in the tank. 

Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 10:17am

He probably shouldn't be starting for Ireland next month. Yet he will due to a lack of options.

Sykes can player there, but I doubt Kenny would trust him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 138>
  Share Topic