You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 138>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Hope they get a hammering today with another Emerson shocker

He was poor enough and got bullied by Joelinton .
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 7:22pm
He wasn't terrible, but didn't do much right at the same time. Sessegnon on the other hand was absolutely atrocious. Doherty and Perisic are so obviously just better footballers, they are way more composed on the ball.
We're decent enough..
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 7:23pm
First Champions League start tonight. Beer
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 9:36pm
Taken off on 70 mins. Last action was a, decent touch and shot that was well saved. Only saw it from half time, did okay, no one really shining for Spurs. Lot of huff and puff. Lisbon had two chances in the last few mins better than any Spurs have had. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Youngest ever Irish player to start a champions league game? Surely?  
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 11:00am

Also see on Twitter he's the first Irish outfield player to start a CL game for an English club since John O'Shea and Darren Gibson started a CL semi final back in 2011.

In that 11 years I assume Aiden McGeady and Cillian Sheridan are the only two other Irish outfield players to even start a CL game.

Edited by J89 - 27 Oct 2022 at 11:01am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 11:01am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Also see on Twitter he's the first Irish outfield player to start a CL game for an English club since John O'Shea and Darren Gibson started a CL semi final back in 2011.

In that 11 years I assume Aiden McGeady and Cillian Sheridan are the only two other Irish outfield players to even start a CL game.

Eoghan O'Connell played for Celtic as well I think.
We're decent enough..
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 11:24am
Stokes played for Celtic few games . Remember he hit the cross bar in Nou Camp.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 27 Oct 2022 at 11:25am
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Stokes played for Celtic few games . Remember he hit the cross bar in Nou Camp.

not the first bar he has hit 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 4:11pm
emerson not great today 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 4:32pm
Emerson off, Perisic on. Sessegnon moved to RWB. Ouch.
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 5:11pm
Conte is the anti-Klopp in some ways. The Roman empire was often admired but never loved, and that's some of his heritage. It can seem he almost wants his players not to like him. Kane and Son are nailed on starters, he doesn't trust creativity in mid-field, and that right wingback position is a revolving door. But they are third so hard to argue.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Emerson off, Perisic on. Sessegnon moved to RWB. Ouch.
Seven changes (I think) for the Bournemouth game.

Likely saving MD and the rst for the much more important game at Marseille on Tuesday evening.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 9:24pm
When is Kulesevic back? He was excellent last season when Spurs were very enjoyable to watch and had some great results. Their style is very stale to watch apart from Kane, who for a brilliant goal scorer always plays some number 10 passes each game.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

When is Kulesevic back? He was excellent last season when Spurs were very enjoyable to watch and had some great results. Their style is very stale to watch apart from Kane, who for a brilliant goal scorer always plays some number 10 passes each game.
The problem, for this fan at least, is not the aesthetic appeal, tactics or formation etc, rather it is the lack of depth in our squad.

Meaning that if/when our first choice XI are fit and on form, we a match for any team, while being perfectly attractive to watch. (Indeed as a contrast to the PL's current "House Style" i.e. high press, passing game etc, it is imo beneficial to have an alternative approach to playing the game).

The problem comes when we have even as few 2 or 3 key injuries (eg Kulusevski) or players off-form (eg Son), since inadequate replacements in several positions mean we cannot cope. All of which has been exacerbated by the insane schedule we''re currently facing i.e. 13 games between 01 October and 12 November, including Champions League.

Which is why Conte is still insisting he needs another couple of transfer windows to assemble the squad he wants. The fact that he has kept us competitive in the meantime is testament to just how good a manager he is.

Which, to bring it back on topic, would probably not be particularly good news for Doherty long term, since for all that Conte seems to like him persoanlly (and v.v.), I'm sure Conte wants better in what for him is a crucial RWB position.

Edited by Territorial - 31 Oct 2022 at 4:00pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 6:58pm
Tottenham going with experience tonight.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 6:29pm
Decent impact off the bench from Doherty today. Not enough to save the game for Tottenham, but enough to make a case that he should be getting more game time than he is.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Decent impact off the bench from Doherty today. Not enough to save the game for Tottenham, but enough to make a case that he should be getting more game time than he is.
Emerson Royal should be the only case he needs. Conte's Mourinhoesque pragmatism may well be his undoing!
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 138>
  Share Topic