You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 138>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 9:30pm
Aurier is one of the best players on the pitch tonight, Doherty will find it hard to get back in.
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 9:32pm
Doherty has played all of the Europa games on a Thursday and aurier games during the week.  Aurier has been immense tonight.   Doherty may play at the weekend. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 9:50pm
Yea he seems to have improved defensively this season Aurier
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 9:59pm
He will get back in. Aurier and him have traded the starting spot a couple of tikes already this season, it will only take one bad game for that to happen again.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 9:57am
Surprised at the praise Aurier is getting for last night. Admittedly I only saw the highlights but he was caught out several times - almost all of Liverpool's chances came down his side. Was he just getting let down by Sissoko in front of him maybe?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:18am
Aurier wasn't bad in fairness but I'm surprised he wasn't taken off with 10/15 to go. He looked like he was knackered and had started to commit stupid fouls around the Spurs box.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 3:04pm
Aurier had a brain fart there!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Aurier had a brain fart there!

Yes, Doherty will be first choice again. 

Absolutely no need to give away a penalty in that position.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Not in squad today, anyone know why ?

Didn’t think he would start as he started on Thursday. They won 4-0 so I would say it’s just using the entire squad rather than anything else. 

Lots of games coming up over Xmas so need to rotate the players. 

FA Cup and europa league for Matt until Aurier gets injured or loses form.

Based on what?

Before the international break Doherty played in the last 3 EPL games against Brighton, Burnley and West Brom.

He missed the Man City game due to COVID but played the next EL match. 

Pretty much it and Aurier played in the game last week against City which they won hence Aurier getting the nod here nothing much in it. Aurier no doubt will mess up completely again soon like he tends to do. 😂

Here we are 😂😂😂😂
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 3:55pm
Winks brought on for Aurier.

Question. Did Mourinho even want Doherty or was the signing forced upon him? I know Jorge Mendes was heavily involved in it and, as is common in British football now, there was a lot of politics behind the scenes in getting this deal done.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Winks brought on for Aurier.

Question. Did Mourinho even want Doherty or was the signing forced upon him? I know Jorge Mendes was heavily involved in it and, as is common in British football now, there was a lot of politics behind the scenes in getting this deal done.

Question: did you watch the game?

Spurs were 2-0 down and Jose only had one sub left.
Taking of a RB who gave away a stupid penalty for a midfielder was an attacking strategy to try and get something from the game.

Why would he swap Aurier for Doherty at 2-0 down.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:22pm
Doherty will start the next game id wager a bet
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 3:29am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Doherty will start the next game id wager a bet

Hi Matt 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 3:57pm
My worry for Doherty is especially against the other “top 6” and even against Leicester Everton Southampton pushing on is that Mourinho will see it as too much of a risk to start both himself and Reguilon. 

2 glorified wingbacks playing in a back 4 and unfortunately Reguilon is a stand out player really good so Doherty is the one the suffers. Il be honest I was sure he was planning on using a back 5 or even a 3-4-3 more likely when both Reguilon and Doherty signed as they really would have been tailor made for it the 2 of them. 

Will Doherty start the next day for Spurs who knows but if he doesn’t after Auriers mistake then that sends off alarm bells for me.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

My worry for Doherty is especially against the other “top 6” and even against Leicester Everton Southampton pushing on is that Mourinho will see it as too much of a risk to start both himself and Reguilon. 

2 glorified wingbacks playing in a back 4 and unfortunately Reguilon is a stand out player really good so Doherty is the one the suffers. Il be honest I was sure he was planning on using a back 5 or even a 3-4-3 more likely when both Reguilon and Doherty signed as they really would have been tailor made for it the 2 of them. 

Will Doherty start the next day for Spurs who knows but if he doesn’t after Auriers mistake then that sends off alarm bells for me.

Aurier has been one of Spurs top performers this season and has made little to no mistakes, bar yesterday.

It would be extremely harsh on him to be dropped for one mistake.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 5:01pm
doherty was dropped for no mistakes , so why not ? they have pretty much traded places every time spurs lost this season 

Edited by Four-Four-Two - 21 Dec 2020 at 5:01pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

doherty was dropped for no mistakes , so why not ? they have pretty much traded places every time spurs lost this season 

Aurier is a better defender in a back four than Doherty and that's the long and the short of it.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 5:16pm
i would say aurier is a very poor defensively , even more than doherty who is not a natural for defensive instinct
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 138>
  Share Topic