Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 138>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 9:38pm
Young Doherty pretty popular in Liverpool after that goal
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 9:39pm
Nice goal - 89min winner Clap

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 9:42pm
He is our best performer at club level by a huge distance and has been for a long time.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 9:56pm
He actually had a very quiet game, doesn't see much of the ball when Traore plays (because he never passes the ball). Good to see him pop up with another goal though.
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

He is our best performer at club level by a huge distance and has been for a long time.

By a mile. 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

By a mile. 

Makes me wonder what if we played him instead of Cyrus “Own Goal” Christie against the Danes in 2017
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 10:24pm
McCarthy would have bollocked him for going forward in the last minute and risking a point!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 4:04am

Get ta fcuk, you can't actually be serious in suggesting that our best performing player in the EPL for the past 2 years is good enough to start for us. What kind of nonsense is this, and where would it lead us ?? If we were to pick a team on that basis, lads that have ''done a job for us'' creating nothing and scoring fcuk all goals in the past 8 games might be dropped to the bench, and we can't be having any of that nonsense.

Kept going past the halfway line, making himself available to teammates, passes the ball to other lads wearing the same colour jersey, showed skill, awareness, link up play and finishing ability in scoring the winner, we've no need for mavericks like that. 

Young Doherty would want to cop himself on pretty quickly. What's he like at booting the ball over the sideline under no pressure though ? That's the true mark of a Mick McCarthy player, these goals and assists are only for the fancy Dans. Cyrus is going well for Fulham at the minute too, think the Doc might make the squad in the end as long as he clears wan off the line in the next 2 months. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 8:34am
He would've got another goal before it in at the back post but the City player covered him. 

We simply can't afford to keep a player like him on the bench, especially when he has a knack for goals. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Get ta fcuk, you can't actually be serious in suggesting that our best performing player in the EPL for the past 2 years is good enough to start for us. What kind of nonsense is this, and where would it lead us ?? If we were to pick a team on that basis, lads that have ''done a job for us'' creating nothing and scoring fcuk all goals in the past 8 games might be dropped to the bench, and we can't be having any of that nonsense.

Kept going past the halfway line, making himself available to teammates, passes the ball to other lads wearing the same colour jersey, showed skill, awareness, link up play and finishing ability in scoring the winner, we've no need for mavericks like that. 

Young Doherty would want to cop himself on pretty quickly. What's he like at booting the ball over the sideline under no pressure though ? That's the true mark of a Mick McCarthy player, these goals and assists are only for the fancy Dans. Cyrus is going well for Fulham at the minute too, think the Doc might make the squad in the end as long as he clears wan off the line in the next 2 months. 

I'm sorry but he doesn't suit our style of play.  Plus he is too young and inexperienced.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 1:49pm
28 today. People forget how young he really is.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

28 today. People forget how young he really is.

Still too early to see how he will develop but potentially one for the future
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 3:11pm
apparently was at fault for the goal last night, seen wolves fans getting on his back on facebook, saying he was at fault for a few goals recently
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 3:49pm
He definitely wasn’t at fault for the goal last night.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

He definitely wasn’t at fault for the goal last night.

Watched the full game bar going for a piss for two minutes and missed the goal

Doherty is good in the air.

Traore decent again, can't decide whether he's a flash in the pan or the real deal though.

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

don't rate this lad at all tbh, seen him a few times play for wolves and tbh i think international football is way beyond him

Quote from Page 1 LOL

Good man Citizen Big smile
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

don't rate this lad at all tbh, seen him a few times play for wolves and tbh i think international football is way beyond him

Quote from Page 1 LOL

Good man Citizen Big smile
At the time he was right. It seems to be since he swapped sides and moved further up that his career took off.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 6:30pm
He didn't "switch sides" to the right,;he started out as right back/centre back, played one season on the left, and then moved back to the right. He also won Wolves POTY at LB, so again, couldn't have been that bad there.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 138>
  Share Topic