Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 138>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I’ve missed you Hans 

I think we could be good friends yet Guf Hug I think that once McCarthy's poisonous tenure is over you'll be much more like your old self, a nicer, gentler soul, and we could well be besties from then onwards.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

You and plenty of others have consistently posted utter garbage around team selection discussions. Just like your posts on this thread today, they are designed to shut down anyone saying that Doherty should be in the side. These posts are up there with the poisonous posts some lads on here consistently repeat about how they look forward to Kenny's Ireland team playing like Brazil, as a deflection to McCarthys poisonous tenure.

The fact that you believe that James McClean should be an integral part of our team, and are willing to scream loudly and consistently about it says enough for me. McClean, a lad with no form whatsoever for what 2 or 3 years now is it? Yet a player like Doherty who is ripping it up for 18 months is just dismissed, as it suits your agenda to shut down commentary around the horrid team selections over the past year or so.

It's pathetic tbh. Worse still, you are completely wrong about the likes of McClean, about the likes of Doherty, about our managers toxic presence. The saddest thing of all is that even though every single minute of McCarthys tenure proves how wrong you are, you just can't see any different now. You are too far gone on the road to nowhere.

I never said this
'to shut down anyone saying that Doherty should be in the side'
I think he should be, it's a tough call though for the manager.

'The fact that you believe that James McClean should be an integral part of our team'
I never said this either. I usually judge his performances after he's played, I try to cut the players and management a bit of slack to
be honest.

You've basically resorted to lying, sensationalist posts, name calling, exaggerating, and moving the goal posts.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 10:21pm
Your posts saying this or that poster will be calling for another player to replace Doherty other players in a year's time are beyond childish. You and other posters have been at this nonsense on numerous player threads for months now. 

Dealing with the thread at hand on Doherty, you should give a nod to every single poster calling for Doherty to be in the team over the past 12 months. They are simply correct. It's not even a matter of opinion, such is the difference in form and quality Doherty has shown in comparison to other regular Irish starters under McCarthy.

As for your last paragraph, f*ck knows what you are on about. I'm as clear as day on my thoughts on here. McCarthy should never have been given the Irish job, he has been beyond toxic. When it comes to player selection, I comment on form etc. You and others consistently deflect with utter nonsense posts like your previous posts on this thread, and they are clearly made to demean other posters comments and shut down discussion.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You and plenty of others have consistently posted utter garbage around team selection discussions. Just like your posts on this thread today, they are designed to shut down anyone saying that Doherty should be in the side. These posts are up there with the poisonous posts some lads on here consistently repeat about how they look forward to Kenny's Ireland team playing like Brazil, as a deflection to McCarthys poisonous tenure.

The fact that you believe that James McClean should be an integral part of our team, and are willing to scream loudly and consistently about it says enough for me. McClean, a lad with no form whatsoever for what 2 or 3 years now is it? Yet a player like Doherty who is ripping it up for 18 months is just dismissed, as it suits your agenda to shut down commentary around the horrid team selections over the past year or so.

It's pathetic tbh. Worse still, you are completely wrong about the likes of McClean, about the likes of Doherty, about our managers toxic presence. The saddest thing of all is that even though every single minute of McCarthys tenure proves how wrong you are, you just can't see any different now. You are too far gone on the road to nowhere.

I never said this
'to shut down anyone saying that Doherty should be in the side'
I think he should be, it's a tough call though for the manager.

'The fact that you believe that James McClean should be an integral part of our team'
I never said this either. I usually judge his performances after he's played, I try to cut the players and management a bit of slack to
be honest.

You've basically resorted to lying, sensationalist posts, name calling, exaggerating, and moving the goal posts.

Hans routinely fantasises that people say things then writes  long rambling posts disagreeing with what he imagines people have said, all the while getting more exasperated at these imaginary viewpoints. 

It's bizarre to read. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 11:17pm
I don't think the Coleman vs Doherty debate is quite as straightforward as some would like it to be. Coleman is probably the better footballer and defender, whereas Doherty is probably the better athlete at this stage. It's certainly not a case where one is undoubtedly ahead of the other.
We're decent enough..
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 11:17pm

Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Be some player when he's older. 

I'll give him one campaign before posters and demanding that called Lee O'Connor (a Celtic sub) plays instead.

Sub? No where near the subs, 4th choice at best behind Frimpong, Elhamed and Bauer. Plus Bitton and Ajer have also filled in at right back this season.

That's kinda my point.

What do you believe to be the point of these posts Drum?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I don't think the Coleman vs Doherty debate is quite as straightforward as some would like it to be. Coleman is probably the better footballer and defender, whereas Doherty is probably the better athlete at this stage. It's certainly not a case where one is undoubtedly ahead of the other.

I don't even think it's a Coleman vs Doherty debate. It's more likely a debate about how you would get both in the team. Imo, Doherty must play, but he really has to play as a wing back. He isn't as good defensively in 1v1 situations but is a brilliant attacking WB.

I'm not a fan of just going 3-5-2 out of nowhere (ala McCarthy did abysmally against the Swiss with neither of our best wing backs playing at actual wing back), but if it gets Doherty and Stevens in their best positions, we should probably now just go with it. It is something we should have been doing over the past year though and we'd have the system down by now, or some bit so.

As for what I was saying earlier, look at the difference between O'Sheas comment there and HB comment. One actually opens a discussion on the team selection issues, the other takes a steaming hot sh*t on said discussion. HB isn't the only one btw, there's a handful at it with similar sh*t comments in numerous player threads.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 28 Nov 2019 at 11:24pm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 11:33pm

Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Be some player when he's older. 

I'll give him one campaign before posters and demanding that called Lee O'Connor (a Celtic sub) plays instead.

Sub? No where near the subs, 4th choice at best behind Frimpong, Elhamed and Bauer. Plus Bitton and Ajer have also filled in at right back this season.

That's kinda my point.

What do you believe to be the point of these posts Drum?

Can't speak for anyone else but mine was a low grade one line comic relief. I was actually calling for Doherty to be included in the squad since he actually was a young player. 

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 11:37pm
HBs post I was commenting on not your own one. Your own was obviously a comment on MON comical young Doherty line. The other comments are nonsense and are a constant across lots of threads now.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:21am

Edited by horsebox - 29 Nov 2019 at 8:22am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:28am

I don't even think it's a Coleman vs Doherty debate. It's more likely a debate about how you would get both in the team. Imo, Doherty must play, but he really has to play as a wing back. He isn't as good defensively in 1v1 situations but is a brilliant attacking WB.

I'm not a fan of just going 3-5-2 out of nowhere (ala McCarthy did abysmally against the Swiss with neither of our best wing backs playing at actual wing back), but if it gets Doherty and Stevens in their best positions, we should probably now just go with it. It is something we should have been doing over the past year though and we'd have the system down by now, or some bit so.

As for what I was saying earlier, look at the difference between O'Sheas comment there and HB comment. One actually opens a discussion on the team selection issues, the other takes a steaming hot sh*t on said discussion. HB isn't the only one btw, there's a handful at it with similar sh*t comments in numerous player threads.

In terms of creating chances from open play, 3-5-2 is surely the way to go. It allows Stevens and Doherty to get forward and cross the ball, and there should be two targets in the box. It also allows us to get around the fact we have no creativity in midfield (at least among those likely to be picked).

The argument breaks down when you realise the one Irish player who cannot fit into the system is McClean. And he will start, unless Connolly scores 8-10 PL goals before then and can't be left out.
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:58am
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

In terms of creating chances from open play, 3-5-2 is surely the way to go. It allows Stevens and Doherty to get forward and cross the ball, and there should be two targets in the box. It also allows us to get around the fact we have no creativity in midfield (at least among those likely to be picked).

The argument breaks down when you realise the one Irish player who cannot fit into the system is McClean. And he will start, unless Connolly scores 8-10 PL goals before then and can't be left out.

In a 3-5-2 only way to accommodate McClean if McCarthy is hellbent on playing him is up front. He played Duff up front alongside Robbie Keane to accommodate Kilbane in 2001/2002. Egan, Duffy and Clark all playing a back three at club level. Doherty and Steven's at wing backs. Out of top 6 defenders only Coleman doesn't play in 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 at club level. Hope would be Connolly and McGoldrick continue in good form and start getting on score sheet more regular make it impossible for McCarthy to not pick either. If he still was insistent on playing McClean he would probably play him left of midfield 3 where Hourihane is most effective.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 5:48pm
Lads give the young guy time, he's 27 ffs!
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 3:23pm
Scores again. 
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 6:01pm
Surely a contender for young player of the year
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Mick should fast track him from the U21's straight into the senior side.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Mick should fast track him from the U21's straight into the senior side.

doherty was disappointed not to be included for the toulon tournament in the summer
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 9:38pm
Goal machine 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 138>
  Share Topic