You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 138>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

How did the young lad get on today ?

i thought the Young lad was fantastic today, absolutely fantastic, a wee bet green for such a young lad but fantastic 
Sponsored Links

Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 10:59pm
thought he was lucky not to be sent off personally
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 11:25am
Originally posted by depechemode depechemode wrote:

Him and Shane Supple spat in the soup ..

Kenny Cunningham referring to him as Dock-erty on Newstalk yesterday Cry
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Originally posted by depechemode depechemode wrote:

Him and Shane Supple spat in the soup ..

Kenny Cunningham referring to him as Dock-erty on Newstalk yesterday Cry

For me 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:37pm
Just put Wolves 1-0 up Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:38pm
Great goal.

Edited by Double Maxim - 07 Apr 2019 at 4:43pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:42pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:43pm
Mick will have to try a little harder to get both Doherty and Coleman into the team. 

Denmark away won't be the time to try it, but it needs to be tried again vs Gibraltar at home.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:21pm
Young DohertyThumbs Up
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:23pm
Goal and assist for young doherty 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:35pm
Ian Darke keeps saying Dockerty Angry
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

They all do. It cant be that fcking hard for the english to say doherty can it. 

Edited by doherty - 07 Apr 2019 at 5:37pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

They all do. It cant be that fcking hard for the english to say doherty can it. 
They don't, some of them say Dougherty now.LOL Kilbane was making a big deal of it the last time I watched Football Focus, so I think the BBC should know!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:56pm
Martin Tyler is saying Dockerty on Bein Sports.

His attacking ability speaks for itself but I'd still have doubts about him as a defender if he was playing RB.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 7:42pm
Worst one English commentators say is KAYhill instead of Cahill and then Irish people using same. Does my nut. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Worst one English commentators say is KAYhill instead of Cahill and then Irish people using same. Does my nut. 
Even when the player himself pronounces it as 'Kayhill'? It is Gary and Tim Kayhill, Ollie Cahill. Good commentators will make an effort to find out how the player pronounces it.

I am not buying this 'Hughban' sh*t from Pat Hoban though. He can f**k off with that nonsense.LOL
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 8:49pm
Doesn't really matter how they pronounce it, that's simply not the correct pronunciation of the name. It's an Irish name, the Irish pronunciation is the only "right" one.
We're decent enough..
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Doesn't really matter how they pronounce it, that's simply not the correct pronunciation of the name. It's an Irish name, the Irish pronunciation is the only "right" one.

That's a bit silly, people pronounce things differently.

They discussed it on off the ball here: https://youtu.be/KBEgtyMh_Kg

They bring up the point that Doherty originates from Inishowen in Donegal, where everyone pronounces Doc-herty, does that mean Matt Doherty and every other Doherty should pronounce it that way? No of course not, he'll pronounce it Daw-her-tee like most other Irish people. Doesn't make either parties wrong, just different.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 138>
  Share Topic