You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 138>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:44pm
would love to see if we assist him and Coleman in 3-5-2 formation. Don’t know why everyone is suggesting Coleman as a CB. I’d see no reason why not to experiment with Coleman as a LWB possibly. Might have lost a yard of pace since the leg break but Doherty isn’t the quickest either. 
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 3:43am
There'll be some meltdowns on this thread when he's not scoring or assisting in every second game for us. Expectations should be lowered in relation to Doherty. He plays wing-back for a team with an attacking mindset. We don't, and I don't see that changing much under Mick unfortunately.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 12:22pm
He was just interviewed on Football Focus there, he really does come across as a bit of an eejit. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 23 Feb 2019 at 12:22pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He was just interviewed on Football Focus there, he really does come across as a bit of an eejit. 

Is that programme still on the go?Shocked
Haven't watched it since about 1995.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 12:34pm
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2019/02/22/mick-mccarthy-hails-wolves-matt-doherty-as-best-in-his-position/

Hopes of using a back 3 is not so absurd after all?

I could argue he's the best right wing-back in the Premier League. "He's the most efficient and he gets goals and he's been brilliant. 

"I'll take the credit for signing him for £100,000! What a good player he's turned out to be. 

"He was very promising when I signed him from Bohemians, he only played in a pre-season friendly, he came over and for a lot of young Irish fellas it's tough for them, they miss their parents and the country. 

"It's different, they're living on their own. He didn't break into the team with me, he then went out on loan, I always thought he had the promise and the ability to do it. 

"The best thing for him was Wolves being relegated into League One because then he's played. And then he's progressed wonderfully well to become an international football. 

"He's taken care of himself, he's lost weight, he's trim, leaner and far more professional, I'd imagine, now, and it's paid dividends."

“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

You ok? You never mentioned Doherty's young!

Yeah, it is still going and, like everything else to do with the EPL, it's bland as f**k.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 12:45pm

You ok? You never mentioned Doherty's young!

Yeah, it is still going and, like everything else to do with the EPL, it's bland as f**k.

When I kept hearing MON talk about this young Doherty I began to wonder whether his name was double barrelled 'Young-Doherty''.

Matt Young-Doherty

Jimmykeno View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmykeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 1:24pm
How? Thought he came across well. Can't believe he's 27 already and only has 5 caps 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Jimmykeno Jimmykeno wrote:

How? Thought he came across well. Can't believe he's 27 already and only has 5 caps 

I know its great him being so young.  He would have had 10 yrs international football ahead of him under MON.

The MON Babes.  He builds team around young lads 30 yrs old.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:23pm

exactly i thought he came accross sound. I didnt see any biy of an eejit in him atal.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

exactly i thought he came accross sound. I didnt see any biy of an eejit in him atal.

Self analysis tends to be biased though

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:59pm

I know its great him being so young.  He would have had 10 yrs international football ahead of him under MON.

the games in march are too soon or him. need to see him doing it more consistently in the premier league for at least 3-4 years before we can trust him
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

the games in march are too soon or him. need to see him doing it more consistently in the premier league for at least 3-4 years before we can trust him
Nah he just needs to declare for England and they'll be tripping over themselves trying to get him 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:43pm

He reminded me of Dougal. He seemed to be really trying hard  to answer very simple questions.
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:41am
Him and Shane Supple spat in the soup ..
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:00pm
Young Docherdeeee put in a very solid defensive performance vrs hazard n co today
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

Young Docherdeeee put in a very solid defensive performance vrs hazard n co today

The exciting thing about all this is that he is still so young.  Imagine how good he will be when he matures.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:36pm
How did the young lad get on today ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 138>
  Share Topic