Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:35am
I'm saying he has a free role for Wolves to do as he pleases, and that it will be interesting to see how he adapts to an Ireland team which will presumably require him to play within a tighter structure.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:44am
They're isn't much point getting into this argument with you, there's a huge number of threads on here clogged with users arguing you and the ridiculous statements you come out with so I won't clog up here too. Saying Doherty has no defensive or positional responsibilities, in a side like wolves, is up there with the most bizarre I've seen you or anybody come out with on here. Even if you look at his stats (which I hate basing everything on but will use to prove this point) for tackles, interceptions, clearances etc. for the season he is higher than the average starting Premier league defender, you are completely talking through your hoop. I'll leave it at that.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:58am
He has a free role for Wolves LOLLOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:14am
Never heard tell of a free role for a right back in my life!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I'm saying he has a free role for Wolves to do as he pleases, and that it will be interesting to see how he adapts to an Ireland team which will presumably require him to play within a tighter structure.

LOL Take a day off O'Shea.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 12:36pm

ffs LOL

Here boy, how many times have you had a sex change at this stage? the answer to that question would be more f**king plausible than your sh*te talk above

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

They're isn't much point getting into this argument with you, there's a huge number of threads on here clogged with users arguing you and the ridiculous statements you come out with so I won't clog up here too. Saying Doherty has no defensive or positional responsibilities, in a side like wolves, is up there with the most bizarre I've seen you or anybody come out with on here. Even if you look at his stats (which I hate basing everything on but will use to prove this point) for tackles, interceptions, clearances etc. for the season he is higher than the average starting Premier league defender, you are completely talking through your hoop. I'll leave it at that.

Well there's certainly no point in arguing if you can't even grasp the argument! I never said he has no defensive or positional capabilities, I merely said that he's rarely required to exercise them for Wolves, and thus it's difficult to gauge how developed they actually are. Why on earth you have taken that as such an egregious statement is beyond me. At the end of the day, it isn't even a criticism, it's merely an observation that his role within an Ireland team will likely be different to his role at Wolves, and consequently it will be interesting to see how he adapts to that role. I've made absolutely no judgement as to whether he'll be as effective or less effective, a point that you have spectacularly missed...
We're decent enough..
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 1:14pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

LOL, he still has the same shovel he started with and all, only had 8 shafts and 4 new shovel heads replaced

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 11 Dec 2018 at 1:26pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Evidently you also have some serious comprehension issues.Embarrassed
We're decent enough..
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 1:57pm
I'm happy - it's not me LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 7:21am

Well there's certainly no point in arguing if you can't even grasp the argument! I never said he has no defensive or positional capabilities, I merely said that he's rarely required to exercise them for Wolves, and thus it's difficult to gauge how developed they actually are. Why on earth you have taken that as such an egregious statement is beyond me. At the end of the day, it isn't even a criticism, it's merely an observation that his role within an Ireland team will likely be different to his role at Wolves, and consequently it will be interesting to see how he adapts to that role. I've made absolutely no judgement as to whether he'll be as effective or less effective, a point that you have spectacularly missed...

You literally said he has a free role to do as he pleases. 

It's easier to admit you made an incorrect statement than to keep digging that hole.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 7:29am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

You literally said he has a free role to do as he pleases. 

It's easier to admit you made an incorrect statement than to keep digging that hole.

Again, you're demonstrating the most basic lack of comprehension imaginable. Saying someone has a free role to do as they please does not mean they are incapable of defending, it simply means they aren't required to do much of it by their team. It's an incredibly simplistic concept and I'm frankly amazed that you and others can't wrap your heads around it.
We're decent enough..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 7:33am
Given the importance of wing backs in a 3-5-2, it's highly unlikely that any of them would be given a free role. 

You're right, just because someone has a free role doesn't mean that they have no defensive capabilities, but that isn't what you said in the first place.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 12:51pm

My only worry with Doherty would be that he essentially has free reign to get up the field at will in the Wolves team, they put very little responsibility on him in terms of having to do anything else. He won't get that type of freedom with Ireland, so it will be interesting to see how the rest of his game measures up.

It's actually exactly what I said in the first place, if you'd care to read. Clap
Please note the clear use of the word RESPONSIBILITY; which you and others seem to be unable to differentiate from CAPABILITY.

Edited by The O'Shea - 12 Dec 2018 at 12:52pm
We're decent enough..
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 12:56pm
TOS:

Edited by The White Cafu - 12 Dec 2018 at 12:58pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 10:11pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 10:27pm

TOS:

In this case, you're absolutely right. Can I take that as a smart-ars* way of you admitting hat you have in fact been completely misrepresenting my argument?
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 138>
  Share Topic