FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 138>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Why wouldn’t you reference social media or fan forums they are the currency of modern day public opinion you get a fantastic guide into general opinion. Forums like this where us “gobsh*tes” post all the time are included in that. What sort of a statement is that to make.

As for being afraid of fans criticising a load of our players like I don’t even know where to start with that I have been critical of loads of our players.

Doherty ain’t alone in this Dier Davies Aurier tend to be the other 3 who get it in the neck as much as him reading Spurs fans on social media. None of the above played against City last weekend and they were embarrassing. City or no City they basically gave up. 

Just something I have noticed from Spurs fans but since one is Irish obviously who am I going to refer to on here. 

I thought Doherty played well Thursday night yes. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been poor in games all year. 

Are you actually serious? 

Ah yes good old social media, whereby one minute generic Man United fan from India will deem Harry Maguire to be a great defender and as soon as he makes a mistake he's deemed awful and useless?

"The modern currency of football opinion" wtf have I just read, did Roy Curtis steal your log in details? 

Forums are as hit and miss as Twitter or Facebook, posters will form opinions on a player and will rarely change them whether they like the player or not. 

Nothing can beat watching a game or extended highlights yourself and form your own opinion.

Yes about watching the game. what are you doing currently down the pub discussing with people. If you haven’t watched a game then social media/forums are the next best guide you have. A lot of stupid opinions but again that would be no different down the pub either. nothing controversial about that at all. 

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Feb 2021 at 2:21pm
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:09pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Becoming annoying on here people claiming that fans of clubs in GB are imagining that our players are not having good seasons

It’s almost as if Shane Duffy is playing well but Celtic fans just don’t like him, the way some talk 

Agreed fully,

There is also a fear amongst Irish supporters that calling a player out for playing poorly would deem you unpatriotic or not a fan. 

As it stands we have very few players that you could say are in great form, but hopefully over the coming weeks that will change.

It has been borderline disaster for Irish players this year hasn’t it. 2 of the few who are in great Collins and Egan get injured and are out for the rest of the year then pretty much. It just sums it up. 
The younger lads it’s going to be mixed it’s part and parcel of developing/learning their trade. Some of the senior players it really hasn’t gone to plan.

Randolph could have easily moved to a Championship club, Manning left QPR to become a bit part player at Swansea, Hourihane despite knowing he wasn't going to get regular game time at Villa stayed their until January, Molumby the same at Brighton before he joined Preston, Parrot's ill advised move to Millwall etc 

I can't help but think a lot our of problems are somewhat self inflicted unfortunately, plenty of situations above could have been avoided.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:05pm

Becoming annoying on here people claiming that fans of clubs in GB are imagining that our players are not having good seasons

It’s almost as if Shane Duffy is playing well but Celtic fans just don’t like him, the way some talk 

Agreed fully,

There is also a fear amongst Irish supporters that calling a player out for playing poorly would deem you unpatriotic or not a fan. 

As it stands we have very few players that you could say are in great form, but hopefully over the coming weeks that will change.

It has been borderline disaster for Irish players this year hasn’t it. 2 of the few who are in great Collins and Egan get injured and are out for the rest of the year then pretty much. It just sums it up. 
The younger lads it’s going to be mixed it’s part and parcel of developing/learning their trade. Some of the senior players it really hasn’t gone to plan.
Was Egan in good form they are bottom of the premiership and they are lamenting his centre back partner O Connell 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:01pm

Why wouldn’t you reference social media or fan forums they are the currency of modern day public opinion you get a fantastic guide into general opinion. Forums like this where us “gobsh*tes” post all the time are included in that. What sort of a statement is that to make.

As for being afraid of fans criticising a load of our players like I don’t even know where to start with that I have been critical of loads of our players.

Doherty ain’t alone in this Dier Davies Aurier tend to be the other 3 who get it in the neck as much as him reading Spurs fans on social media. None of the above played against City last weekend and they were embarrassing. City or no City they basically gave up. 

Just something I have noticed from Spurs fans but since one is Irish obviously who am I going to refer to on here. 

I thought Doherty played well Thursday night yes. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been poor in games all year. 

Are you actually serious? 

Ah yes good old social media, whereby one minute generic Man United fan from India will deem Harry Maguire to be a great defender and as soon as he makes a mistake he's deemed awful and useless?

"The modern currency of football opinion" wtf have I just read, did Roy Curtis steal your log in details? 

Forums are as hit and miss as Twitter or Facebook, posters will form opinions on a player and will rarely change them whether they like the player or not. 

Nothing can beat watching a game or extended highlights yourself and form your own opinion.

Edited by Green Devil - 20 Feb 2021 at 1:02pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:54pm

Agreed fully,

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Feb 2021 at 12:54pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:50pm

Some strange overreacting above.

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Feb 2021 at 12:51pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:27pm

Agreed fully,

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:25pm

Well there are posters lining up with fatalistic views on our players' and their form this season so pardon those that try to find some bit of a balance on that and excuse them for speaking out of line with your defined narrative. 

There are threads on here that spring to life when a player Is "dropped". 

Edited by Eoink21 - 20 Feb 2021 at 12:25pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:19pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:10pm

I don’t disagree I was saying the way they were going on looking at social media he was terrible last night too.

Why do you continuously reference what others say on social media and half treat it as gospel whether it's good or bad?

Watch the games for yourself and cast your opinion or if you didn't see the game there are countless avenues to get highlights nowadays. I mean logging onto Twitter and reading what gobsh*tes and arm chair pundits are saying about players doesn't carry much substance.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:10pm
I don’t disagree I was saying the way they were going on looking at social media he was terrible last night too.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 5:02pm

See that yet the way Spurs fans were going on you’d think he was terrible. I don’t know is it the fact they were so excited by his signing when he came or what that they feel left down but they really do not like him. He’s not the only issue there.

Because in fairness he has been terrible. They don't just decide to dislike players even though they're putting in good performances. 
One decent showing against a poor Austrian outfit does not a good signing make, but hopefully he can improve. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 4:51pm
See that yet the way Spurs fans were going on you’d think he was terrible. I don’t know is it the fact they were so excited by his signing when he came or what that they feel left down but they really do not like him. He’s not the only issue there.

Edited by kevin100 - 19 Feb 2021 at 4:51pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 3:50pm
Named in the official Europa League Team of the Week.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 19 Feb 2021 at 3:51pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 1:37am
Surely he plays the next League game for Spurs now too no? Everytime they lose a game it’s Doherty/Aurier often gets scapegoated by fans etc and they are dropped for the next game. 

Both have been poor and Doc it hasn’t gone to plan for but they are far from the only problem at that club and it doesn’t help either when they are constantly scapegoated big difference between rotated and scapegoated.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 9:13pm
I know, against a crap Austrian team lol. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:34pm
Its amazing how exciting we get for just a basic pass forward. Thats what we are resigned to. 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:24pm
Irish player actually does something good!

Had a great game, delighted for young doco, he's a top lad. Hope he can fare better with Spurs from here on. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 138>
  Share Topic