FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 138>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Get in Matt, really would like him to get a few caps. 26 now. Should be in the first 11 under Mick.

Playing where? 
Sponsored Links

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:40pm
Get in Matt, really would like him to get a few caps. 26 now. Should be in the first 11 under Mick.
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 1:03am
Replay of Dohertys assist: http://streamja.com/JZLX
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:07pm
Nice assist tonight
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 12:31am
Took that goal very well, strikers finish into the top of the net Clap
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 9:00pm
Nice finish. 

Has been under pressure from Cardiff attacks down his side but defending well.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 8:36pm
goal vs Cardiff 

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sloppy pass led to Huddersfield’s first goal yesterday

Round up of the papers and he was Wolves best rated player. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:51pm
Sloppy pass led to Huddersfield’s first goal yesterday
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

That interview is baffling. Given that we have always played with a right back (Coleman, Christie, Meyer), it is inconsistent to claim that this is somehow an accommodation or a break from the norm.

Doherty has been outstanding in the PL, and has been fundamental to Wolves’ success this term. For some reason MON has circled his wagons around McClean, Hendrick and Christie, and they are becoming the first names on the team sheet.

I also don’t feel that last night was progress. An Eriksen-less Danish team is a different proposition, and but for Arter’s header off the line (the same Arter who left the squad last time over industrial relations issues) we would have lost.

David Meyer. “I come all this way to sit on the bench in rain! Oy vey!”
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:48pm
It was actually poor reactions from a Danish player too, I'm not sure who, if he had read the play he would have had a tap in from two yards. A proper poacher would have scored it.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:39pm
That interview is baffling. Given that we have always played with a right back (Coleman, Christie, Meyer), it is inconsistent to claim that this is somehow an accommodation or a break from the norm.

Doherty has been outstanding in the PL, and has been fundamental to Wolves’ success this term. For some reason MON has circled his wagons around McClean, Hendrick and Christie, and they are becoming the first names on the team sheet.

I also don’t feel that last night was progress. An Eriksen-less Danish team is a different proposition, and but for Arter’s header off the line (the same Arter who left the squad last time over industrial relations issues) we would have lost.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

The Contrast between O Neill’s public praise of Christie and negativity towards Doherty is bizarre. Maybe there is merit to the madness but such a condescending tone to all things Matt Doherty puts Doherty under pressure from the getgo. 

Christie’s performance last night was absolutely brilliant while Matt is doing fine after coming up to the premier league

Utterly. Grizzled Premier League veteran Christie with his 5 games at that level as opposed to young Matt with his 9.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:30pm
The Contrast between O Neill’s public praise of Christie and negativity towards Doherty is bizarre. Maybe there is merit to the madness but such a condescending tone to all things Matt Doherty puts Doherty under pressure from the getgo. 

Christie’s performance last night was absolutely brilliant while Matt is doing fine after coming up to the premier league
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:22pm
Bell stayed lb, Williams played cb and Mulgrew was in cm after his ban
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:11pm
If O'Neill is being serious in his of assessment of/comments towards Doherty it's ridiculous stuff. 

Doherty's previous comments where he seemed to have a slight barb towards O'Neill not picking him seems to have not gone down too well with him.  

It could be a case of O'Neill deliberately trying to keep Doherty primed with something to prove to him, hence the faint praise for him after last night in comparison with the ott praise of Christie.

Would love to see Doherty get the winner against Wales. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Blackburns starting centre halves are Mulgrew and Lenihan. Williams may have played on the left of a 3 a couple of times to accomodate Bell this season, he has nevertheless played the near entirety of his senior career as a left-back/LWB. A centre-back he most certainly is not...

Every game he's started in the league at CB has been part of a back four. Only game he's played as part of a 3 was in the league cup when himself, Rodwell and Lenihan made up that 3 so that's another thing you've gotten wrong and he's actually started more games at CB than he has LB or LWB in his career so that's quite a bit more than a couple of times or having never played there since his days at Villa. He might be better at LB but he can also equally play as a CB.

It seems Mulgrew was injured or suspended for 3 games and he played there. As soon as he returned in the last game vs Bolton, Williams returned to his natural position of LB. I know Williams can play as a CB, but he is still a LB. I'm not sure what you are even arguing; you started by complaining that I favour Williams over Stevens at LB, and you've now evolved that into an argument about whether Williams can play at CB (which I never even disputed)...

That you are talking absolute sh*te about Williams hasn't played CB since his Villa youth days and always played LB or LWB at Bristol and Blackburn.  I'll even throw a smiley face in seeing as you thought you were great jumping straight in talking tripe and having to back track on stuff LOL
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Blackburns starting centre halves are Mulgrew and Lenihan. Williams may have played on the left of a 3 a couple of times to accomodate Bell this season, he has nevertheless played the near entirety of his senior career as a left-back/LWB. A centre-back he most certainly is not...

Every game he's started in the league at CB has been part of a back four. Only game he's played as part of a 3 was in the league cup when himself, Rodwell and Lenihan made up that 3 so that's another thing you've gotten wrong and he's actually started more games at CB than he has LB or LWB in his career so that's quite a bit more than a couple of times or having never played there since his days at Villa. He might be better at LB but he can also equally play as a CB.

It seems Mulgrew was injured or suspended for 3 games and he played there. As soon as he returned in the last game vs Bolton, Williams returned to his natural position of LB. I know Williams can play as a CB, but he is still a LB. I'm not sure what you are even arguing; you started by complaining that I favour Williams over Stevens at LB, and you've now evolved that into an argument about whether Williams can play at CB (which I never even disputed)...

Hmm...

Wouldn't waste your time, clearly he hasn't played CB since his Villa youth days and always played LB or LWB at Bristol (which he actually played nearly 100 games at CB for them) and Blackburn.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 138>
  Share Topic