You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange Food Combos That Go Well Together

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange Food Combos That Go Well Together
    Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 4:42pm
Koka Curry Noodles and chopped up kearns sausages and all mixed in 

savage post pints food
Padraig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 12:37pm
Had a burger with peanut butter and banana on it, it worked surprisingly well.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Minstrels or Malteasers in popcorn
Saw it mentioned above and will second it, chips on a burger is tops
Banana on brown bread isn't really that odd....is it?

Don't think it's a big thing in tallaght anyway I have never really seen anyone eating it. Was not on the list in my household growing up. Been missing out

Edited by t_rAndy - 30 Apr 2016 at 11:34am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 11:08am
That's not a strange combo at all

Mate of mine is mad for chips and ice cream.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 9:05am
Minstrels or Malteasers in popcorn
Saw it mentioned above and will second it, chips on a burger is tops
Banana on brown bread isn't really that odd....is it?
Some people just deserve a slap
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 8:36am
Sliced banana on a slice of buttermilk soda bread from Aldi. Delicious and great for pre-workout if you need food but don't want anything big before
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by HateHenry HateHenry wrote:

Turkey and cranberry, Lamb and mint, pork and apple, beef and horseradish....Who,d a thunk!

Are you a Chef by any chanceLOL
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
flow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 5:44pm
Agree hb ice cream and chips
chips on burgers is a must, often pizza too
Cheese can go with everything inc curry and beans
Shepards pie mushed in with beans
hate mayonaisse and mushrooms
would call ketchup red sauce too
flow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Ah here, a mix of toffee and salted popcorn together can be lovely.

Have you all never heard of salted caramel? It works, and so does mixing popcorn.

love popcorn and walkers and minstrels mixed together   
flow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

[QUOTE=dundon13]My brother's girlfriend, when she makes a pasta bake she tops it with cheese and then cornflakes, for a bit of extra crispiness. I haven't had it yet but the rest of my family said it does work.

I've heard that from a few people before and it's supposed to be nice. Someone I know swears by a grilled chickedn breast topped in cream cheese and cornflakes.

who are these people? Why in gods name would you add cornflakes to anything bar a bowl of milk...

It's flakes of corn it's not like they are putting f**king cocopops on a sausage.[/

I have eaten a chicken and brocolli bake with cornflakes on the top and have to admit it was lovely. They make it that way in the wooden spoon in dunlaoighre. When I make it myself I would have used breadcrumbs but the cornflakes are baked and add some crunch. Once got one in a pub and it was stuffing on the top, not anywhere near as nice QUOTE]
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 5:00pm
Ah here, a mix of toffee and salted popcorn together can be lovely.

Have you all never heard of salted caramel? It works, and so does mixing popcorn.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 2:14pm
Sea salt chocolate is nice alright. I will try anything once but chips and custard might stretch it.
Coco pops on a sausage is a goer though.
Back on chocolate, had a Sicilian dish of duck in a chocolate sauce.
Also chilli and chocolate go well, Mexicans originally served it in cocoa. Not a big hot chocolate fan but it improves it.
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 2:07pm

Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

My brother's girlfriend, when she makes a pasta bake she tops it with cheese and then cornflakes, for a bit of extra crispiness. I haven't had it yet but the rest of my family said it does work.
I've heard that from a few people before and it's supposed to be nice. Someone I know swears by a grilled chickedn breast topped in cream cheese and cornflakes.

who are these people? Why in gods name would you add cornflakes to anything bar a bowl of milk...

It's flakes of corn it's not like they are putting f**king cocopops on a sausage.

Ok, when you say it like that, it sounds so normal. Next time i'm dining out i'll ask the waiter for a side  of cornflakes to sprinkle on my chicken liver parfait. While i'm there i'll get a basket of weetabix to dip in my soup.  

Your friends are wrong 'uns - fact
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 2:07pm
Sea salt flavoured chocolate.

Surprisingly tasty.

http://www.greenandblacks.co.uk/our-range/Bars/Sea-Salt?p=3148#first
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 2:03pm
Turkey and cranberry, Lamb and mint, pork and apple, beef and horseradish....Who,d a thunk!
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Bought a bag of popcorn yesterday thinking it was salted, but it was a mixture of salted and sweet
Dead

Feckin english with their sweet popcorn at the cinema. nearly choked the first time I went to the cinema here. f**king weirdos.

Edited by Flanno7hi - 27 Oct 2014 at 1:58pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

My brother's girlfriend, when she makes a pasta bake she tops it with cheese and then cornflakes, for a bit of extra crispiness. I haven't had it yet but the rest of my family said it does work.

It's flakes of corn it's not like they are putting f**king cocopops on a sausage.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 1:52pm
Most of these sound rotten haha! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic