You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

custom flags

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Toohey94 Toohey94 wrote:

I'm not going to leave my flag at home because people on ybig told me too that's for sure I think my flag has relevance to the team and is half clever and somewhat funny conpared to others.

No one is 'telling'anyone what to do. And I certainly didn't tell anyone what to do in the article. 
It's an opinion piece. People are entitled to print what they want on flags. I personally don't agree with how far it has gone
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I remember when I started going to Ireland matches with my Dad, he had a Tricolour with "Clondalkin" written in black marker on it. All that was ever on flags back then was Town names and football clubs. He ended up giving that flag to a barman in London that he knew from his school days after the England match in Wembley in 1991. There's probably a bar in Clapham that still has it.
Live in Clapham, unfortunately have never seen an Irish flag with Clondalkin in black marker on it, do you remember which pub the barman worked in?

I'll ask my Dad what pub it was. I was only 8 at the time so my dad dropped me back to my sisters house after the match and he went out on the beer.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 2:08pm
There was our flag up beside the Angela Merkel one in Sopot. Have no problem with this type of writing on the flag but pics of Clinton Morrisons arse and that 'Lets get Langers' one are a bit ridiculous. Actually don't mind that Jonnys got you covered one either Toohey Thumbs Up

Edited by Max Power - 09 Jun 2016 at 2:09pm
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Manning18 Manning18 wrote:

It's not the worst in fairness and probably hard done by he included that one. Still, most don't find it funny and it was the first one shown on that article which is basically calling you a pack of clowns, so will be automatically associated with that. I fail to see the upside in bringing it. To get a photo behind it a get a few likes on facebook or what?

Most definitely do find his funny. It was all over the place on social media when it first came out and 99% of the comments about it were positive.

Just shows the mentality of some of the fans travelling to France. You find it funny because it was all over social media and it got positive comments? So fcuking what. This is an international football tournament not the European Facebook Championships.

Due to emigration and visa issues I cannot leave Canada to attend the Euros but I certainly don't remember needing a sh1t flag to have fun and bring colour to the place in Yerevan, Skopje, Andorra or Tallinn. As an owner/part owner of a custom flag, I get there's in-house jokes but 99% of the ones going are horrific. My flag is the Rock n'Roll Kids flag. You may not like it but it's somewhat relevant had you been in Yerevan or Skopje. The Richie Sadlier one is very good because it's witty and relevant

Which rock n roll flag is that
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

It's not the worst in fairness and probably hard done by he included that one. Still, most don't find it funny and it was the first one shown on that article which is basically calling you a pack of clowns, so will be automatically associated with that. I fail to see the upside in bringing it. To get a photo behind it a get a few likes on facebook or what?

Most definitely do find his funny. It was all over the place on social media when it first came out and 99% of the comments about it were positive.

Just shows the mentality of some of the fans travelling to France. You find it funny because it was all over social media and it got positive comments? So fcuking what. This is an international football tournament not the European Facebook Championships.

Due to emigration and visa issues I cannot leave Canada to attend the Euros but I certainly don't remember needing a sh1t flag to have fun and bring colour to the place in Yerevan, Skopje, Andorra or Tallinn. As an owner/part owner of a custom flag, I get there's in-house jokes but 99% of the ones going are horrific. My flag is the Rock n'Roll Kids flag. You may not like it but it's somewhat relevant had you been in Yerevan or Skopje. The Richie Sadlier one is very good because it's witty and relevant

Which rock n roll flag is that

Don't you start!

Edited by Blue Man - 09 Jun 2016 at 2:37pm
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 3:50pm

LOL

you are a great man for pulling figures from nowhere .
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:19pm

What are you on about? I find a lot of them funny because it appeals to my sense of humour. I was just pointing out I'm far from alone.

And who said I need a flag to have fun? I'm not even bringing tricolour over let alone a custom flag. But if I did one, it wouldn't be a necessity for me to enjoy myself.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

LOL

you are a great man for pulling figures from nowhere .

It's a figure of speech. When that Johnnys got you covered flag did the rounds it got a very positive reception. I didn't see a single bad word said about it.

It was before all the latest ridiculous ones appeared so would explain why the small vocal minority crying about them lately didn't have a problem then.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

There was our flag up beside the Angela Merkel one in Sopot. Have no problem with this type of writing on the flag but pics of Clinton Morrisons arse and that 'Lets get Langers' one are a bit ridiculous. Actually don't mind that Jonnys got you covered one either Toohey Thumbs Up

Was that the place where the lads were boxing the head off each other and everyone started booing and singing that "they use to be Irish but they were nothing now "
Only2Keaneos View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Only2Keaneos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Like many Irish people Father Ted is one of my favourite comedies, it combines cultural satire with wonderfully scripted stupidity, Graham Linehan is a comedy genius and someone of whom we can be proud. I just don't think the best way to express this pride is by sticking quotes from Ted on a tricolour. I doubt you will see many English fans with Blackadder or Peep Show quotes; The Scots didn't arrive in Dublin with Jimmy Krankie banners , nor will the North have many of Uncle Andy, although there will be plenty Incle Andy types waving them!Thousands of years of culture, music, poetry, literature of heroes and warriors and the best we can do is the flag equivalent of sticking a pair of underpants on our heads while belching the national anthem.

Beautifully put LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:29pm
Which is where Hoskins and his Christmas jumper analogy proves quite accurate. When on lad comes in to the local with one you just think 'f**king eejit' and get on with it. When the pub is taken over by them you go home until January.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Was that the place where the lads were boxing the head off each other and everyone started booing and singing that "they use to be Irish but they were nothing now "

Haha can't remember that part. Was the square in Sopot, definitely the best part of the last Euros was around that area, unreal spot! 
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
SteveEvans View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 6:13pm
Fair play Toohey for coming on here and standing up for yourself! I agree you should bring your flag. I have my flag with the past league of Ireland players on it and I'll definitely be bringing it over with me. I do agree that the fr ted quotes are f**king terrible because they have f**k all relation to the team but at least the Jon Walters one does. I feel mine is very related to the team so f**k all ye haters I'll be carrying my flag to France with me.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 6:15pm
Lads, seriously yous' are going on like a bunch of loyalists arguing over their flegs. 

It's getting embarrassing now.
KILCRUISE View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KILCRUISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 6:22pm
Lads lets just go to the euros and enjoy and hope the team pit on a good performance and some results. We need a good showing at this tournament

Wrt flags o am bringing my Irish Republic centenary flag for the year it is

Want to see the team play their best best best

may the road rise to meet you but make sure it does not slap you in the face
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 6:23pm
Do Carrolls sell the car Irish flags?

Whack two on driving to Dublin on Monday morning.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 6:51pm

What are you on about? I find a lot of them funny because it appeals to my sense of humour. I was just pointing out I'm far from alone.

And who said I need a flag to have fun? I'm not even bringing tricolour over let alone a custom flag. But if I did one, it wouldn't be a necessity for me to enjoy myself.

Yea and I'm sure it appeals to many others, myself included, but to have some of the crap scrawled across our national flag, at a football tournament is idiotic. If you find it so funny, just watch the Father Ted box set. It'll cost you a whole lot less and you can quote the wise cracks to your hearts content in a French pub.
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Toohey94 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toohey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by SteveEvans SteveEvans wrote:

Fair play Toohey for coming on here and standing up for yourself! I agree you should bring your flag. I have my flag with the past league of Ireland players on it and I'll definitely be bringing it over with me. I do agree that the fr ted quotes are f**king terrible because they have f**k all relation to the team but at least the Jon Walters one does. I feel mine is very related to the team so f**k all ye haters I'll be carrying my flag to France with me.

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455>
  Share Topic