You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

custom flags

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 55>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/s/soccer/euro-2016/comment-do-ireland-fans-really-want-to-be-known-as-the-gobshtes-making-a-mockery-of-their-national-flag-34784043. - http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/euro-2016/comment-do-ireland-fans-really-want-to-be-known-as-the-gobsh*tes-making-a-mockery-of-their-national-flag-34784043.html

Clap

Agree with every single word in this
These flags are getting worse by the day. How could anyone put Clinton morrissons arse on our national flag a think it's banter....Jesus wept.
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:04am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Some of their flegs are the result of some deeply disturbing thoughts, psychoanalysts would have a field day, I think the picture of someone's dog on a fleg is straight out of the Willie Frazer school of thought. Still though, in a most embarrassing fleg competition, we are beating the world's number 1.

That Nordie one with the dog is f**king hilarious in a bad way
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Manning18 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manning18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:36am
Just leave it at home at this stage Toohey. For every odd laugh you get you'll get five more thinking "another group of tosspots", or saying it even after a few pints. Lugging a flag around is a pain in the whole too, have to get there early to put it up too, and yourself on crutches. Can't see the benefit. In any case, a wall of green looks much better than us all standing behind or draping ourselves in tricolours
hoover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:51am
I'm not getting the whole flag fascism here. Let the lads do what they want. Who's to say what to put on a flag.

I'll be bringing a plain national flag and a flag of the providences with me, but I do find the odd comical flag quite funny. Scundered for the "not here to take part, here to get langered" flag though. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:58am
Originally posted by hoover hoover wrote:

I'm not getting the whole flag fascism here. Let the lads do what they want. Who's to say what to put on a flag.

I'll be bringing a plain national flag and a flag of the providences with me, but I do find the odd comical flag quite funny. Scundered for the "not here to take part, here to get langered" flag though. 

That is what I would expect from a man taking a flag of the four providences. Or maybe you just type with a Dublin accent.
hoover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:01am

That is what I would expect from a man taking a flag of the four providences. Or maybe you just type with a Dublin accent.

Not sure what you're implying here, but I'm not from Dublin. Are the dubs known for their liking of the 4 provinces flag? 

Edit: now realise the spelling mistake in the original message.

Edited by hoover - 09 Jun 2016 at 11:02am
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:01am
Posted this on the other thread with the article but relevant here as well.
There are some seriously sh*t flags shown to be fair. You'd have to wonder what sort of halfwit would find the Keogh, McCollum or Morrison flags funny. The Father Ted ones are embarrassing as well. Without meaning to sound like a fogey, it used to be a case of only being able to get basic flags printed, the combination of up to date printing techniques plus the social media generation desperately looking for likes is a pretty grim one. No quality control going on at all. I don't think you'll see any other country with such an attention seeking selection of flags on display. The long hard dick of Ireland ffs? Really?
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:03am

Not sure what you're implying here, but I'm not from Dublin. Are the dubs known for their liking of the 4 provinces flag? 

Edit: now realise the spelling mistake in the original message.

They love to show off all four providences to the wordld

Edited by pre Madonna - 09 Jun 2016 at 11:06am
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:21am
I remember when I started going to Ireland matches with my Dad, he had a Tricolour with "Clondalkin" written in black marker on it. All that was ever on flags back then was Town names and football clubs. He ended up giving that flag to a barman in London that he knew from his school days after the England match in Wembley in 1991. There's probably a bar in Clapham that still has it.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Toohey94 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toohey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:23am
I'm not going to leave my flag at home because people on ybig told me too that's for sure I think my flag has relevance to the team and is half clever and somewhat funny conpared to others.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Toohey94 Toohey94 wrote:

I'm not going to leave my flag at home because people on ybig told me too that's for sure I think my flag has relevance to the team and is half clever and somewhat funny conpared to others.

It's not the worst of them. Should there be a 'h' in it though, it's Jon Walters, not John.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Manning18 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manning18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:46am
It's not the worst in fairness and probably hard done by he included that one. Still, most don't find it funny and it was the first one shown on that article which is basically calling you a pack of clowns, so will be automatically associated with that. I fail to see the upside in bringing it. To get a photo behind it a get a few likes on facebook or what?
Toohey94 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toohey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:50am
Bringing it for a laugh and to add colour every where we go weather it's on the trains etc not for a Facebook like also as said previously in the thread to show appreciation for Walters as he did have is covered and hopefully he can have us covered in France too

Edited by Toohey94 - 09 Jun 2016 at 11:55am
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I remember when I started going to Ireland matches with my Dad, he had a Tricolour with "Clondalkin" written in black marker on it. All that was ever on flags back then was Town names and football clubs. He ended up giving that flag to a barman in London that he knew from his school days after the England match in Wembley in 1991. There's probably a bar in Clapham that still has it.
Live in Clapham, unfortunately have never seen an Irish flag with Clondalkin in black marker on it, do you remember which pub the barman worked in?

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Manning18 Manning18 wrote:

It's not the worst in fairness and probably hard done by he included that one. Still, most don't find it funny and it was the first one shown on that article which is basically calling you a pack of clowns, so will be automatically associated with that. I fail to see the upside in bringing it. To get a photo behind it a get a few likes on facebook or what?

Most definitely do find his funny. It was all over the place on social media when it first came out and 99% of the comments about it were positive.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Most definitely do find his funny. It was all over the place on social media when it first came out and 99% of the comments about it were positive.

Just shows the mentality of some of the fans travelling to France. You find it funny because it was all over social media and it got positive comments? So fcuking what. This is an international football tournament not the European Facebook Championships.

Due to emigration and visa issues I cannot leave Canada to attend the Euros but I certainly don't remember needing a sh1t flag to have fun and bring colour to the place in Yerevan, Skopje, Andorra or Tallinn. As an owner/part owner of a custom flag, I get there's in-house jokes but 99% of the ones going are horrific. My flag is the Rock n'Roll Kids flag. You may not like it but it's somewhat relevant had you been in Yerevan or Skopje. The Richie Sadlier one is very good because it's witty and relevant
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 1:35pm

As was pointed out in the Tweet Titanic sunk and DeLorean flopped. Probably not great examples to be putting on a flag anyway
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
RoyD View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Just shows the mentality of some of the fans travelling to France. You find it funny because it was all over social media and it got positive comments? So fcuking what. This is an international football tournament not the European Facebook Championships.

Due to emigration and visa issues I cannot leave Canada to attend the Euros but I certainly don't remember needing a sh1t flag to have fun and bring colour to the place in Yerevan, Skopje, Andorra or Tallinn. As an owner/part owner of a custom flag, I get there's in-house jokes but 99% of the ones going are horrific. My flag is the Rock n'Roll Kids flag. You may not like it but it's somewhat relevant had you been in Yerevan or Skopje. The Richie Sadlier one is very good because it's witty and relevant
  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 55>
  Share Topic