Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Sheridan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 11:28pm
Why’s this thread in ROW
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 7:00am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Watching a video a while back where Jack said Sheridan was a wishy washy turner upper and questioned his commitment and desire to play for The EIRE.  Was surprised as I would have liked Sheridan and he seemed alright.  Then you see his comments recently and you wonder what sort of character he was.  Doesn't come across that likeable. 
His comments to the referee a couple of years ago was possibly the greatest angry rant of all time. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:27am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Watching a video a while back where Jack said Sheridan was a wishy washy turner upper and questioned his commitment and desire to play for The EIRE.  Was surprised as I would have liked Sheridan and he seemed alright.  Then you see his comments recently and you wonder what sort of character he was.  Doesn't come across that likeable. 
His comments to the referee a couple of years ago was possibly the greatest angry rant of all time. 

Blaming the officials for the likelihood of Sheridans kids not getting Xmas presents was a superb touch
El Puto Amo
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:43am
Yeah his comments about Vinny Perth were very childish, he'll be gone back to obscurity by Christmas.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:54am
I see someone has been monkeying about with his Wikipedia page. Sheridan was a gifted and cultured player, at his best in his Leeds days and of course he played for Ireland in two World Cups, but always a bit of a rough diamond who got into violent fights outside nightclubs and such. It's well known that he has a son ( Jay ) and a brother ( Darren ) who played professional football but I seem to remember reading somewhere that he considered another brother ( Paul, in jail at the time and subsequently a career criminal ) as a more naturally talented footballer than himself. Can't find confirmation of this anywhere on the internet.

Edited by Green Cockade - 19 Aug 2020 at 8:55am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:57am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Blaming the officials for the likelihood of Sheridans kids not getting Xmas presents was a superb touch

Forgot about that rant LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 1:14pm
The ref should have said.  'Santa Claus? Who's he?  Is that his name?  Oh right.  I call him Father Christmas.'
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Forgot about that rant LOL

Amazing rant alright
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 6:37pm
he’s right up there in the joey Barton league of bitter ,angry , sour faced  f**kers who are that way for no particular reason whatever.
Imagine how messed up he’d be if he had to actually work for a living.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Why’s this thread in ROW

+1
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

he’s right up there in the joey Barton league of bitter ,angry , sour faced  f**kers who are that way for no particular reason whatever.
What's he doing in Waterford? I assume he needs the cash, does he've any ties to the area?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 1:51pm

That's exactly how I feel about Dubs.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 2:16pm
Amazing how his consolation goal against Spain proved to be so vital in qualifying. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

What's he doing in Waterford? I assume he needs the cash, does he've any ties to the area?

No ties to the area. Lee Power probably knew him from league 2 scene in England. He was available for short term but I doubt he will last beyond end of season. He and Ollie Horgan and Paul Hegarty will make it a lively touchline for tomorrow's game. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by trevwaterford trevwaterford wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

No ties to the area. Lee Power probably knew him from league 2 scene in England. He was available for short term but I doubt he will last beyond end of season. He and Ollie Horgan and Paul Hegarty will make it a lively touchline for tomorrow's game. 

Power was in our 21s when Sheridan was with the seniors, think they know each other from back then. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 6:10pm
Eamonn Collins is the link man
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 4:44pm
Gone from Wigan to Swindon. Wonder what the link there is......

Edited by Denis Irwin - 11 Nov 2020 at 4:44pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Gone from Wigan to Swindon. Wonder what the link there is......
He is like Philly and Deco.  They don't last long once they get into a club.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic