You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2020 - "A EURO for Europe" Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 72737475>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

So assuming worst case that Denmark / Wales finish 1 and 2 in the group and they both qualify for the Euros automatically from the separate Euro qualifications, does Ireland go into the qualification playoffs automatically or is it the next best League B team (group doesn't matter)?

There is a separate topic on the Nations League.  however it is next best overall based on position then points.  We could in theory finish 3rd on 6 points and lose out on a playoff to a team on 2 points.

However I believe it is highly likely worst case we will have a playoff in March 2020.  Once 12 of the 20 teams in Leagues A & B qualify we will be ok (if we don't qualify ouselves).  

The downside is that it will be difficult to qualify from those playoffs.  It will require 2 wins in 4 days against teams in and around our level.  

Tickets will go on sale next summer as well.  Cat 1s will be somewhere north of 150 and Cat 2s well over 100 euro.  It will be a gamble for some as you could end up with Slovakia v Slovenia instead of a ticket to watch your country in a major finals.      
You should be able to re-sell any tickets you don't want in the resale portal though (even though I think UEFA may deduct an admin fee from the amount they give you back)?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

So assuming worst case that Denmark / Wales finish 1 and 2 in the group and they both qualify for the Euros automatically from the separate Euro qualifications, does Ireland go into the qualification playoffs automatically or is it the next best League B team (group doesn't matter)?

There is a separate topic on the Nations League.  however it is next best overall based on position then points.  We could in theory finish 3rd on 6 points and lose out on a playoff to a team on 2 points.

However I believe it is highly likely worst case we will have a playoff in March 2020.  Once 12 of the 20 teams in Leagues A & B qualify we will be ok (if we don't qualify ouselves).  

The downside is that it will be difficult to qualify from those playoffs.  It will require 2 wins in 4 days against teams in and around our level.  

Tickets will go on sale next summer as well.  Cat 1s will be somewhere north of 150 and Cat 2s well over 100 euro.  It will be a gamble for some as you could end up with Slovakia v Slovenia instead of a ticket to watch your country in a major finals.      
You should be able to re-sell any tickets you don't want in the resale portal though (even though I think UEFA may deduct an admin fee from the amount they give you back)?

I wouldn't count on being able to resell Slovakia v Slovenia in Dublin for 160 euros less fees.

There will also be different allocations

1)  Public sale open to all.
2)  Irish Football Family (as hosts). 
3)  Competing nations allocation (if we qualify).

If we qualify then waiting for the competing country allocation is very dangerous.  Demand will be insane.  My guess would be ST holdrs will be offered something in the Football Family sale.  

The reality is that the Irish don't tend to go as neutrals to these type of games. The 2011 Europa League final saw loads of giveaways and still well below capacity.  Many nations would struggle to sell their allocation for Dublin not to mind generate demand for any local tickets on offer.  

The likes of Ukraine,Slovakia,Slovenia, Switzerland,Austria, Greece, Croatia,Serbia, Bosnia, Iceland, France, Portugal, Belgium are all teams that will have a great chance of qualifying and would struggle to sell more than their allocation for Dublin.  We would need a Poland or Northern Ireland or England (Rof16) I think to generate huge demand.          
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 3:36pm
If Ireland qualify, what do you think should be the criteria for tickets given that 2 of the Ireland games are at home?

I am assuming you will have a Portal again and FAI will need to give some sort of criteria for their designated tickets.
I'd imagine they will base it off the away ticket rules but was thinking that might be a little bit unfair on the many people who just go to all the home matches.

Tickets will be goldust with many people getting shafted!
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If Ireland qualify, what do you think should be the criteria for tickets given that 2 of the Ireland games are at home?

I am assuming you will have a Portal again and FAI will need to give some sort of criteria for their designated tickets.
I'd imagine they will base it off the away ticket rules but was thinking that might be a little bit unfair on the many people who just go to all the home matches.

His do you define people shafted?

Who will be entitled to the tickets?

Unless we draw England  Scotland or Wales its unlikely anyone else would bring big numbers for a group match. 

Personally I would guarantee anyone who gas had a season ticket for the last 3/4 years a ticket and give the leagues and clubs allocation based on the tickets they have averaged over the same period.

However everyone will find an allocation system that will suit themselves.
I know nothing :-)
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 4:26pm
That would be 10,000 tickets plus, would it not?

Be amazed if we get that many.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 5:40pm

If we qualify tickets will be extremely scarce as you say.  Probably the hottest tickets ever in this country's history.  

The FAI will get a couple of allocations

1) Host country allocation (we get this even if we don't qualify)
2) Competing country allocation - trying to recall but think this is  8%.

There will also be a general public allocation open to all for every game.  

I don't know what criteria will be used but I'd be surprised if it went beyond Season ticket holders.  I'd imagine the away record would only come into play if we meet Spain in Bilbao rather than in Dublin. 

Now ticket sales will probably start in a year.  We will most likely have four qualifiers played.  I wonder how many people will be happy to pay €160 (prices not fixed but this ballpark) for a cat 1 ticket for a game in Dublin.  It could be us v Slovakia or of course Slovenia v Slovakia.  

Now Dublin is awkward and expensive to get to from mainland Europe.  I imagine demand on the European mainland will be more focussed on Amsterdam, Munich, Bilbao, Rome etc.  So I'd expect this time next year all Season ticketholders should get a chance to buy game or two as a minimum.    

If we qualify it could be as late as March 2020 before we seal qualification.  Demand at that stage for the competing country allocation would be off the scale.

If we don't qualify (I am assuming Spain will) then it will be a tough sell.  We won't have a top seed playing in Dublin.  I'd expect demand to shift to the Rof16 game which involves England's group winners.  

Of course I could be totally wrong.  
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Unless we draw England  Scotland or Wales its unlikely anyone else would bring big numbers for a group match. 

Personally I would guarantee anyone who gas had a season ticket for the last 3/4 years a ticket and give the leagues and clubs allocation based on the tickets they have averaged over the same period.

Clubs receiving their average allocation mmmmm an interesting concept what about applying that when away allocations are tight ? 

Or what about a universal scheme where all are treated equally and based on your record only  ?

Edited by Newryrep - 05 Jul 2018 at 8:28pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 4:44am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

People getting shafted is people who have great records but then people who know the right people getting tickets. It always happens and has potential to happen on a grand scale here, hopefully there is a bit of sense to try and sort the most deserving (for the record, i'd haven't a hope based on my very average attendance the last 10 year).

mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 1:27pm
Date for the calendar

Ticket applications in the form of a lottery - open from 12 June 2019 to 12 July 2019
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Date for the calendar

Ticket applications in the form of a lottery - open from 12 June 2019 to 12 July 2019

"The majority of tickets will be allocated during this application phase, with only a relatively small number set to be available closer to the tournament. Tickets to see specific teams will only be allocated to supporters who meet the criteria set out by their national football associations".

This should be fun LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Date for the calendar

"The majority of tickets will be allocated during this application phase, with only a relatively small number set to be available closer to the tournament. Tickets to see specific teams will only be allocated to supporters who meet the criteria set out by their national football associations".

This should be fun LOL

We will no doubt continue to operate our tried and tested ticket distribution system..........

Image result for funny ticket touts
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:29am
If we qualify for this, as a host nation do we already know the venue order for our games?

Ie Dublin, Bilbao, Dublin etc
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

If we qualify for this, as a host nation do we already know the venue order for our games?

Ie Dublin, Bilbao, Dublin etc

No not known yet. Still some sort of draw to be had if both Spain and ourselves qualify I believe 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:20pm
Thought as much, cheers.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:59pm
Not *quite* true.

If Spain qualify automatically and we only qualify through the playoffs, we would play Spain in Spain.

If we both qualify automatically, then there is a draw to see which of us gets home advantage.

Reason being is that the draw for the finals is done before the playoffs are finished.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 10:15am

I wouldn't count on being able to resell Slovakia v Slovenia in Dublin for 160 euros less fees.

The reality is that the Irish don't tend to go as neutrals to these type of games. The 2011 Europa League final saw loads of giveaways and still well below capacity.  Many nations would struggle to sell their allocation for Dublin not to mind generate demand for any local tickets on offer.  

The likes of Ukraine,Slovakia,Slovenia, Switzerland,Austria, Greece, Croatia,Serbia, Bosnia, Iceland, France, Portugal, Belgium are all teams that will have a great chance of qualifying and would struggle to sell more than their allocation for Dublin.           

Why would that happen, when they were, and are prepared to travel across Russia, Brazil, and other long haul countries to watch their teams in other tournaments? If this tournament was in Ireland and the UK, they would travel, regardless of cost, as our fans did to Poland and other places in the past. 

Neutrals here will go to Lansdowne in 2020. Locals go to games at every tournament. That's the whole point of spreading games around, and the stadiums are always full. I went to the UEFA Cup Final in 2011 as a neutral, and the ticket was the standard rate, not free. Neutrals see it as a rare chance to see these type of games in their home city, as it's usually a long time before they get the chance again..
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Not *quite* true.

If Spain qualify automatically and we only qualify through the playoffs, we would play Spain in Spain.

If we both qualify automatically, then there is a draw to see which of us gets home advantage.

Reason being is that the draw for the finals is done before the playoffs are finished.

Or if Spain qualify through the playoffs and we qualify automatically we will definitely play them in Dublin. It could happen LOL
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 1:20pm
Nice. I thought it was decided that we would ply them in Spain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 72737475>
  Share Topic