You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Justice System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 8:09pm
You are right I am struggling with your version of it..

Don't see the irony in your statement and certainly don't see the wit. I agree you are trying to mock the dubs but not in an ironic way. So therefore not sarcastic.
AKA pedantic kunt
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

1,100 people arrested for pick pocketing in Dublin, 610 were Romanian. 
Shocked That just means a little less than 50% of pick pocketing was done by Dubs.

No it doesn't Wink

bump 

you are struggling with logic Panteira. That stat does not imply that the remaining 490 are Dubs, it just means they were in Dublin at the time of the pick pocket.  All that shows is that they were in Dublin and that 610 were Romania and 490 were non Romanian.  
I thing you are struggling with sarcasm Baldrick LOL
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 10:27am
dubs Thumbs Down
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 10:25am

Shocked That just means a little less than 50% of pick pocketing was done by Dubs.

No it doesn't Wink

bump 

you are struggling with logic Panteira. That stat does not imply that the remaining 490 are Dubs, it just means they were in Dublin at the time of the pick pocket.  All that shows is that they were in Dublin and that 610 were Romania and 490 were non Romanian.  

Edited by Baldrick - 18 Jul 2013 at 10:26am
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 10:23am
Are they the crowd that own the chippers 
AKA pedantic kunt
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 10:18am
Most of these pick pocketers/beggars in around town regardless of their nationality/passport are from the Roma community.
Romanians hate the fact that they are always looked upon as one and the same as Roma. I know a few Romanian people and they will say they are Italian when they go on holidays because of the grief they sometimes get in regard to being Roma!

Before the PC crew go on a bender there are 'Irish' addicts and homeless people begging around town.

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 1:32am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Romanian or Roma? Big difference...
It didn't say. Another 100 on top of that were from Bulgaria and Albania.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 10:35pm

Romanian or Roma? Big difference...
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 9:53pm

No it doesn't Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 9:39pm

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 4:50pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 1:46am
As solicitor, John Devane arrived not wearing a jacket, he was taken to task by Judge Eugene O’Kelly. 

Mr Devane, wearing a shirt and tie, explained that due to the intense heat he had removed his jacket so as not to pass out. He pointed out there was no air conditioning. 

Judge O’Kelly said a legal practitioner could make an application to the court to remove his jacket, but Mr Devane seemed to have made the decision to remove his jacket before entering court. 

Mr Devane applied for permission for practitioners to remove their jackets, due to the very warm weather. 

Judge O’Kelly consented and pointed out that as a judge he was obliged to wear robes in court.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 12:11am
Jesus Dave not reading that at this hour. Will do over the weekend between binge drinking
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 12:05am

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

How is that any different from a ten year sentence? He won't commit any crimes here for ten years and it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper for you, me and everyone else than imprisoning him for ten years. If he tries to get in, the Gardai will stop him at the airport, he'll be arrested for breaching the suspended sentence and hauled before the courts again. I have no issue with that sentence.
I know where you are coming from Dave but I don't agree with you one bit. Look that man's family in the eye and tell them that. He is free to do whatever he wants and there is no justice in that decision whatsoever. That is why we have a justice system after all, isn't it. We all have to be held accountable for our actions. Its not there to save the state money. He left a man to die on the side of the street because of his actions.

There are many reasons we have a justice system. Punishment is not the sole reason for sentencing, but it is rightly or wrongly all victims are concerned with. Rehabilitation of offenders is another thing, protection of public order is another, the cost to the state is another, deterrence is another.

Have a look at this: http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/media/housesoftheoireachtas/libraryresearch/Sentencing_Policy_and_Practice.pdf.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

How is that any different from a ten year sentence? He won't commit any crimes here for ten years and it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper for you, me and everyone else than imprisoning him for ten years. If he tries to get in, the Gardai will stop him at the airport, he'll be arrested for breaching the suspended sentence and hauled before the courts again. I have no issue with that sentence.
I know where you are coming from Dave but I don't agree with you one bit. Look that man's family in the eye and tell them that. He is free to do whatever he wants and there is no justice in that decision whatsoever. That is why we have a justice system after all, isn't it. We all have to be held accountable for our actions. Its not there to save the state money. He left a man to die on the side of the street because of his actions.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:21pm
Seen first hand recently how flawed our justice system is. If any of ye are familiar with the case of patrick enright and his brother denis, they pleaded guilty to forgery. Patrick received 12 months, denis 12 months suspeneded. A forgery of circa 15k euro which has been repaid in full. And neither have any previous convictions, and this case was from nearly 20 years ago. The judge was carol moran, and in this case they only submitted a guilty plea after the legal argument had taken place, they were advised to plead not guilty as the search warrent used was invalid, and therefore, considering this judge threw out the peadophiles case because of a search warrent which was out of date by 1 day, they assumed this case would also be thrown out. It was not to be and carol moran allowed the search warrent to be used. They were also arrested under the wrong act, again something which casts serious doubt on some evidence. The judge again allowed all of this to be used. f**king makes my blood boil, one rule for the elite, and one rule for another. Not saying what they did was not wrong, it was idiotic, but an exceptionally severe and wrong punishment in my, in fairness biased, eyes
Here we go again
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 6:20pm

Who's to blame, the legislators or the Judges?

the judge in this case, he has previos when it comes to this, Martin Nolan is his name, he had to be moved from criminal cases for a while as his sentences were so lenient

previous judgements

A Louth resident who committed a random violent sexual attack on a teenager as the victim’s friend tried to rescue her has escaped jail on condition he pay €15,000 to the girl.

A man who viciously attacked his next-door neighbour in her garden while her elderly deaf father was inside has escaped jail on condition he pay his victim €3,000.

During the unprovoked and unexplained assault, Thomas Finn (20) repeatedly punched the woman until she lost consciousness and then started kicking her as she lay on the ground.

Jane Ruffino (37) said she believes the justice system has failed her after a judge granted a suspended sentence to her attacker on condition that he pay her more than €5,000 in compensation.
Judge Martin Nolan imposed a two-and-a-half year sentence which he suspended on condition that he pay her €2,000 immediately and another €3,000 within a year as a token of remorse for the attack that left her with a permanent scar on her face.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 6:20pm

Who's to blame, the legislators or the Judges?

Trapattoni.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic