You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Supporting England at Euro 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 5:01pm
I don't really mind England tbh after all I support an English team ffs. I just don't like the whole hooligan aspect of English football and of course I detest the English media. 

I would tell you who I hate more, the silly f**kers over here who consider themselves English haters and stick their two fingers up at them given the chance......................all while they wear their Manchester United/Liverpool etc jersey. 
It's Jack Shat
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I was in London for the World Cup in 2010 , had a great laugh with aload of English fans before the ENG vs USA match and they duly asked who we were shouting for all in good spirit we were like USA of course as a joke. We were up for no-one really as we had no loyalty to either team.  

Now to tell the full story my mate was living in England for 3months prior to the tournament , he had a half fake/put on English accent , sung God Save The Queen and wore an English jersey even though he's pure Irish with no links to England Confused I was ashamed tbh

Now thats rediculous.wearing an england jersey and singing that anthem ah ffs thats insane.the putting on accents reminds me of people in my year from my home town westport in mayo that went to college in dublin,came home every weekend and somehow came back with a cosmopolitan dublin accent (not quite D4  but that kind of rte generic accent) brian something(pippa o connors boyfriend) and lucy kennedy  style Dead. they re from the west of ireland ffs

I actually posted more or less the same thing in the things i dislike/annoy me thread only a few days ago LOL 
i must have a look at that thread so.if one of my mates came out with that sh*te, he d get a slap and anyway as soon as he d go on the piss with us the real accent would come out.i was in college in carlow for 3 years and there was no chance i was coming back back with a carlow town accent.thats nothing against carlow, i wouldnt come back from anywhere with a put on accent 

You could have done alot worse as the ladies love the Carlow accent iv'e been sporting one ever since i could talk Cool 

Its fashionable now to "fake it up" Angry
ah ffs are you  from carlow what part?  LOL dont mean any offence. well im from the wessht so i cant talk but what drove me nuts about the town carlow accent was sayings such as " its QUEER funny lad".one of my mates was from palatine near the town and that was sound accent but the towny accent on the  women i found very off putting.one thing about carlow is there is def a 60/40 ratio in favour of women Smile and alot of single mothers for some reason.the smell of that suger factory was rank in the town in the evenings.next time green devil someone you know is fashionably changing their accent just slap them in the face Thumbs Up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

I don't really mind England tbh after all I support an English team ffs. I just don't like the whole hooligan aspect of English football and of course I detest the English media. 
Agreed.
Quote I would tell you who I hate more, the silly f**kers over here who consider themselves English haters and stick their two fingers up at them given the chance......................all while they wear their Manchester United/Liverpool etc jersey. 
Agreed again. Eejits who go around all season in the pub and out on the training grounds in their Pool/Man U/Arse tops and then suddenly hate the English players who play for their preferred club team, when they play for England. Dopes of the highest order.

One such clown said to me during a tournament, that he was looking forward to England going out, so that he could go back to worshipping Rooney again.Embarrassed

If you want to hate them, don't support their teams and don't even try to tell me there's a difference. There aint. Unless of course you support Arsenal and hate the French.
I'll bet some of the people who've posted here about how they want England to fail, feverishly follow an English club. Embarrassed

Edited by Stoked Up - 06 Mar 2012 at 10:02pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

Agreed.
Quote I would tell you who I hate more, the silly f**kers over here who consider themselves English haters and stick their two fingers up at them given the chance......................all while they wear their Manchester United/Liverpool etc jersey. 
Agreed again. Eejits who go around all season in the pub and out on the training grounds in their Pool/Man U/Arse tops and then suddenly hate the English players who play for their preferred club team, when they play for England. Dopes of the highest order.

One such clown said to me during a tournament, that he was looking forward to England going out, so that he could go back to worshipping Rooney again.Embarrassed

If you want to hate them, don't support their teams and don't even try to tell me there's a difference. There aint. Unless of course you support Arsenal and hate the French.
I'll bet some of the people who've posted here about how they want England to fail, feverishly follow an English club. Embarrassed

LOLLOL ffs .fair enough the media puts people off but i think people have to grow out of this hoping they get hammered  all the time and anyway it keeps the interest up.ill be watching their games over in poland in the pubs as they are on the day after each of ours.how would you like to see them do yourself? 
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 8:02am
They are, and will always be the enemy,anyone who wants them to do well in anything is a ****,how could you even want them to do well? it is in our DNA to despise them. I have English pals who even despise their own national team

Edited by The Q Man - 07 Mar 2012 at 8:04am
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

They are, and will always be the enemy,anyone who wants them to do well in anything is a ****,how could you even want them to do well? it is in our DNA to despise them. I have English pals who even despise their own national team
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 9:32am

we have too many Brita on this forum as it is. Well said q

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 10:40am

Alot of the english club fans over there cannot stand the national team.i was at a united match at wembly before and they were chanting "you can stick your england up your arse".i dont hate them as much as i used to shen i was young.id like to see how the young english players do.i dont want them to win it but wouldnt mind if they got out of their group

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 10:52am
Sure the united fans were singing red knapp for England on Sunday at the spurs game- most united fans don't even watch England games and have no interest in them- most of the fans that travel to away games are from from lower league teams
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 10:53am
No problem with the country i look at tghe england team as a football club full of horrible bastards like terry and gerrard! Its why some people in England have no time for them as well
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 11:03am
They have a massive chance this year IMO. They've been unlucky a few times and not good enough a few times, but they were decent the times they went out on pens.
I would give them a bigger chance of winning the Euros than I gave the Dubs of winning last years All Ireland.
Both are huge media teams, over hyped and under too much pressure. The Dubs eventually won their All Ireland. England can win too.
The more there is trouble in the camp, managerial turmoil, captain troubles, racism, media attacks the better chance they have.  Instead of the 'we're gonna win the lot' attitude that was shown before.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 11:15am
Havnt a hope IMO,I couldn't even guess there starting line up
Not because of competition but of pure averageness
Harte,Rooney,Cole seem the only certs to play
Very average and unproven strikers aswel
I can't see how they could possibly win it
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 11:27am
Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

No problem with the country i look at tghe england team as a football club full of horrible bastards like terry and gerrard! Its why some people in England have no time for them as well

its hard to blame posters on this forum for hating england especially with flutes like terry.you ll probably have english people up for us cos they know the irish players are honest pros who are never in trouble in the media.steven ireland is our bad egg and he s not even in the team.the irish lads do conduct themselves well in all fairness
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 11:28am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Havnt a hope IMO,I couldn't even guess there starting line up
Not because of competition but of pure averageness
Harte,Rooney,Cole seem the only certs to play
Very average and unproven strikers aswel
I can't see how they could possibly win it

Exactly, you could name 45+ players with a chance of getting in the squad and only 4 of them are definite starters: Joe Hart, Scott Parker, Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney. Very unsettled squad, every other nation could probably name their starting 11 bar one or two players.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 11:35am

Dont see how u can be half way here, wanting England to do well but not win it. You either support them or you hate them if your irish from my experiences

also, why are people debating how good the England players are. Is this not a thread to discuss  irish people supporting England or not
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Dont see how u can be half way here, wanting England to do well but not win it. You either support them or you hate them if your irish from my experiences

also, why are people debating how good the England players are. Is this not a thread to discuss  irish people supporting England or not

For years i hated them but now i suppose im more indifferent to them than actually supporting them.id rather a team like germany won it cos they re good to watch.id like to see them get out of their group just to keep the interest up but i wouldnt want them to win it.thats the best i can explain it
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 11:44am
Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

And Rooney?
or is he exempt because he plays for United?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 12:09pm
Oh yeah forgot to add in Rooneys 2 match ban
With Bent likely to be injured,who starts upfront in first 2 games?
Defoe/Crouch,Campbell/Crouch,Welbeck/Defoe?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic