You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Managerial Roundabout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 3:24pm
Bielsa has agreed to take over at Lille in the summer

Also, something for the betting men, Ernesto Valverde is 10/1 with PP to be the next Barca manager. It looks to be between him and Sampaoli, at that price he is worth a few quid
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 3:52pm
Poor old Agent Coyle has gone at Blackbum , he was going such a fine job I think they should have given him until the end of the season to finish the job he had started LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 12:05pm
Tony Mowbray gets the Blackburn job Disapprove
Going from bad to worse
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 12:18pm
Jaysus awful choice.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 12:20pm
I think after your rule out people who wouldn't touch the Blackburn job with a barge pole, the list of candidates may not have been that long. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I think after your rule out people who wouldn't touch the Blackburn job with a barge pole, the list of candidates may not have been that long. 
Which is why sacking Owen Coyle now made even less sense than appointing him in the first place.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 3:07pm
Very disappointing season in the Premier League for sackings.  Usually 5 or 6 would have been fired by now.  Only Pardew and Mike Phelan have been sacked.  Very disappointing return.  Nobody to get excited about.

I was hoping Guardiola, Wenger and Mourinho would have gone by now as well as a few no hopers from mid table mediocrity.

My great white hope now is Ranieiri.  Hopefully we will see him being made a big scapegoat by seasons end and we will have a big media circus with 5 inch width yellow band on Sky Sports News with ''Ranieri sacked as Leicester manager''.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Very disappointing season in the Premier League for sackings.  Usually 5 or 6 would have been fired by now.  Only Pardew and Mike Phelan have been sacked.  Very disappointing return.  Nobody to get excited about.

I was hoping Guardiola, Wenger and Mourinho would have gone by now as well as a few no hopers from mid table mediocrity.

My great white hope now is Ranieiri.  Hopefully we will see him being made a big scapegoat by seasons end and we will have a big media circus with 5 inch width yellow band on Sky Sports News with ''Ranieri sacked as Leicester manager''.

Bob Bradley and Francesco Guidolin both got sacked from Swansea. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Bob Bradley and Francesco Guidolin both got sacked from Swansea. 

Again ...that's very harsh ....those Welsh can be bitter folk
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 7:47pm
Gossip doing the rounds that Ranieri's sacked

Edited by coyne - 23 Feb 2017 at 7:48pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 7:48pm
Seems he's gone slright
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 8:04pm
Been made official by the club.

Dilly ding, dilly gone.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 8:10pm
To be honest, I think Leicester's luck just ran out. Last season, a combination of factors contrived to make them Champions. Manchester United and Chelsea having appalling seasons, Tottenham imploding after the FA Cup defeat to Crystal Palace, City's lack of ease with Pellegrini, Arsenal's propensity to perform erratically. This finally afforded an opportunity a the most consistent side, who may not have major flair and style, but a disciplined system, with some capable goal scorers was more than enough to take the title. But the entire league was in a state of flux last season, which was quite unprecedented since the foundation of the PL.

The myth was carried on in the Champions League due to a relatively easy group (I'm thinking of the stinker of a Group that Celtic, Barcelona, and Man City found themselves in), but the recalibration of most of the usual contenders, along with a return to the form of 2014-2015, and perhaps issues within the dressing room has them hovering above the relegation zone.

However, if it is a dressing room matter with the coach, Leicester will improve on the back of this decision. If not, they will be relegated, and the players will suffer the ire of the fans.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 8:14pm
Alan Pardew and Nigel Pearson the favourites LOLDead

Hope the players and board get what they deserve having to tolerate either of those 2 bellends LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 9:04pm
Seems like Ranieri was pretty much bullied out the job! Player protest started after Musa was picked ahead of Gray against Sevilla. Some of them even said they wished Pearson was still in charge.

They're more than welcome to him Dead
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 12:04am

Got my wish 48 hrs laterCool   This is what its all about folks.  Big time sackings and media circus and yellow tickers on sky.  Doesn't get any better.Clap
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:05pm
Norwich have finally pulled the trigger on Alex Neil's £2 mil compo clause Shocked
Should of been done months ago really but then losing 5-1 last weekend LOL

Wonder if Rangers will have 2nd thoughts now that he's actually gone since he was favourite at 1 point...

Edited by coyne - 10 Mar 2017 at 6:05pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 12:13am
Unbelievably Alan Pardew is favourite for the Norwich job! A very bizarre time to sack Neil, there seemed to have been plenty of suitable moments, not least after the drubbing at Hillsborough, yet they do it on the eve of a home game! If they follow it up with appointing Pardew they will have lost the run of themselves.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829>
  Share Topic