You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not going to Poland list.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Sure was JB, sometimes you have to make the decision you know deep down is the right one, I would have been looking at selling my car or taking out a good loan for the trip and with no job I just couldnt do either, sure it will be great craic in my local LOL Confused

It sounds to me like the biggest mistake you are ever going to make.

Realistically how much is going to cost you?
2K approx for 10 days which will cover all 3 group games.

How would it take you to pay off a 2k loan - less than €170 a month.

Ireland don't quality for tournaments that often and this one is probably the most feasible and affordable one that we will ever get too.

If we quality for Brazil the flights alone will cost approx 2k.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:47am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Sure was JB, sometimes you have to make the decision you know deep down is the right one, I would have been looking at selling my car or taking out a good loan for the trip and with no job I just couldnt do either, sure it will be great craic in my local LOL Confused

Ireland don't quality for tournaments that often and this one is probably the most feasible and affordable one that we will ever get too.

Like your thinking Horsebox. A friend of mine once said to me "You cant buy back memories......" meaning if you want something, push the boat out (within reason) and go for it. The poland trip will cost less than 2000 euro if you are sensible. Then you've got 4 years to save for the next one. 
Whelo79 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whelo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:28am
It can cost a lot less than 2k if you want it too. I have direct flights and 9 nights accomadation for €310. All only booked about 10 days ago. Spain ticket cost €70 and I'm hopeful of getting one for the Italy game for the same price. Thats €450 for flights, a bed and match tickets. Factor in another €1000 for food, beer, match day travelling and you should be sorted.

But I am sure anybody who has ruled out going has not decided to do so without a lot of hard thought.
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:59am
In 5..10.15...20...years time when you are boring the pants of your kids, family with all the great stories from Polkraine or just reminiscing once again with your mates that were with you....the €2k or €3k debt you had for it will be long gone and you wont even remember how much of a loan you got or how long it took you to pay back etc...

I am talking from experience.

I am not suggesting anyone to be irresponsible but a few k of loan can be paid back within a couple of years and those memories will be around until you snuff it.

Edited by Junior - 22 Feb 2012 at 11:01am
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

In 5..10.15...20...years time when you are boring the pants of your kids, family with all the great stories from Polkraine or just reminiscing once again with your mates that were with you....the €2k or €3k debt you had for it will be long gone and you wont even remember how much of a loan you got or how long it took you to pay back etc...

I am talking from experience.

I am not suggesting anyone to be irresponsible but a few k of loan can be paid back within a couple of years and those memories will be around until you snuff it.

Hows the bid for the grand national going junior?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Whelo79 Whelo79 wrote:

It can cost a lot less than 2k if you want it too. I have direct flights and 9 nights accomadation for €310. All only booked about 10 days ago. Spain ticket cost €70 and I'm hopeful of getting one for the Italy game for the same price. Thats €450 for flights, a bed and match tickets. Factor in another €1000 for food, beer, match day travelling and you should be sorted.

But I am sure anybody who has ruled out going has not decided to do so without a lot of hard thought.

What flights and accommodation did you get?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Well in 2014 I hope to be in a lot better position than I am now HB so I will live to regret it probably but that is life, decision made but have a backup plan if things do pick up and I actually can go.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 11:46am

I am sure anybody who has ruled out going has not decided to do so without a lot of hard thought.

Spot on.

Ash. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:26pm
Highly highly unlikely I'll be going ... gonna put my efforts into getting to a few of the next round of away qualifiers.

Be interesting to see how many of the thousands getting camper vans will make it to the Czech game on Wednesday
Larry Be Wyse

www.acsportsimages.com
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I am prob being thick but you've lost me!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I am prob being thick but you've lost me!

i thought it was a 50/50 one alright! a horse named junior is the favourite for this years grand nationalThumbs Up
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:04pm
haha didnt know they'd bigged me up so much. Will have to lay off the rashers so.......

You'd have to stick a sneaky tenner on that would be rude not to!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:30pm
You could try a 2k loan from the credit union when u get home.my local one is is offering 2k loan and pay back overnsome thing like 25 euro per week over 2 years.you d have to start saving immediately and maybe have a guarantor.its costin us 750 approx for flights and 16 nights accomodation all over the place incl trains.add another 300 for group games.it ll cost no more than 1,200 for ya and then 800 for whatever drinkin/food money after that.the credit union is worth a try   
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:45pm

Have regrettably made the call that Poland is just not a realistic option for me for many reasons, sold my 3 tickets for the group games tonight so I am signing my name in here Cry

Wow sorry to hear that. Why not claim your oz tax back early? That's funding my trip.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 6:44pm
Signing in here too. Just not financially viable for me, and its with an awfully heavy heart that I have accepted the fact I won't be there.

The away games I was at this campaign was a financial burden itself. Wanna have a "kiss and make up" pint with me Sono?
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 6:53pm

Whelo €310 for accommodation , €450 for flights , €70 for a match ticket not taking into account atleast two more games provided you get tickets + €1,000 spending money? Sure that's more or less €2,000? 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Have regrettably made the call that Poland is just not a realistic option for me for many reasons, sold my 3 tickets for the group games tonight so I am signing my name in here Cry

Wow sorry to hear that. Why not claim your oz tax back early? That's funding my trip.

Only have a couple of grand in tax, how do u claim it early, didnt know this could be done.

Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

The away games I was at this campaign was a financial burden itself. Wanna have a "kiss and make up" pint with me Sono?

It will have to be near a boxing ring LOL

Edited by Sono - 22 Feb 2012 at 10:46pm
Whelo79 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whelo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Whelo €310 for accommodation , €450 for flights , €70 for a match ticket not taking into account atleast two more games provided you get tickets + €1,000 spending money? Sure that's more or less €2,000? 

You misunderstand, €450 is my projected total spend. So far including flights, accommodation and my Spain ticket I've spent €378. €213 for the flights, €95 for 9 nights in Torun and €70 for Spain ticket. Add €70 for the Italy game and thats €448.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic