Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 229>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

wenger a point behind the white knight of english football, great news. Clap

and in less than two weeks after your post his 3 points ahead of the white knight of english football Clap

some amount of unnecessary criticism was directed at Arsene this season. a few more wins and champions league football will be guaranteed. regroup and reinforce over the summer and give it another lash next season.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 9:37pm
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 2:04pm
Another 3 match ban for Wenger from UEFA LOL.
Just seen this from a few day ago Szczensy with a Balotelli like moment Clap.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/894110-arsenals-wojciech-szczesny-pays-for-kids-birthday-party-after-joining-celebrations

MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 4:57pm

Anyone know the latest with Podolski? Last I heard was a few weeks ago when it was reported that Arsenal had signed him but agreed to keep it quiet for now because Cologne wanted to avoid a backlash from the fans. Is the deal done or what?

farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by MJD MJD wrote:

Anyone know the latest with Podolski? Last I heard was a few weeks ago when it was reported that Arsenal had signed him but agreed to keep it quiet for now because Cologne wanted to avoid a backlash from the fans. Is the deal done or what?

Things at Cologne havnt exactly gotten any better since that was reported 4 points from safety now. Meant to be a clause in his contract aswell that if they get relegated he can go for cheaper but that could be absolute sh*te made up from the media aswell. Doubt the deal is done yet but they are obviously interested.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 6:00pm
I'm sure you all heard the news. 

It's a big summer ahead for Arsenal, Wenger NEEDS to sped big to replace RVP. 
It's Jack Shat
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

I'm sure you all heard the news. 

It's a big summer ahead for Arsenal, Wenger NEEDS to sped big to replace RVP. 
Think we all know his spending for the summer is over LOL. After the summer getting off to a promising start with around 24 million spent arsenal are still going to end up making a profit. Can't really blame him for leaving as he states lack of ambition as the reason. Just hope he doesn't go to another English club or he probably won't be welcome back to the Emirates open arms.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:03pm
Last year of his contract. If Arsenal get £18 million for him they will be doing well.

It's hard to know where he will end up.
It's Jack Shat
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:22pm

I heard on Off The Ball that Arsenal want to keep him on for the season.

Arsenal really need to get the finger out. I get the feeling the people running the club get more of a kick out of balancing the books than winning football matches. Van Persie goals was worth 30-40 points last season. You cant just replace that standard of point winning, its worth spending money for it. Only Messi and Ronaldo can back that amount of points.

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 6:07am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

I heard on Off The Ball that Arsenal want to keep him on for the season.

Arsenal really need to get the finger out. I get the feeling the people running the club get more of a kick out of balancing the books than winning football matches. Van Persie goals was worth 30-40 points last season. You cant just replace that standard of point winning, its worth spending money for it. Only Messi and Ronaldo can back that amount of points.

Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 9:46am
Mugs ....delighted , we might be vulnerable next season with AVB but now you are too....have replaced greatness with Podolski and Giroud, the scousers might even be beginning to get uppity now

Edited by Barna Bee - 05 Jul 2012 at 9:46am
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:14am
they are some clowns. they didnt even discuss a contract with van persie....what could they have said that would make him want to leave....

they just wont spend. its crazy
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:35am
TBH lads he's 29 next month. Not many years of his prime left in him. Wouldn't mind flogging him now and buying a talented youngster although he needs to offload some of the dead wood as well.

Robin has been fantastic in the last two years and I very much appreciate what he has done. If he wants to leave fair enough but at the right price.

Arsenal are too money conscious to let him go for free next summer. They said the same during the Fabregas saga. I expect this to go all the way to deadline day.
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:59am

Some people are so blinkered it's unreal. Of course without RVP and his goals it's very likely Arsenal wouldn't have finished 3rd, but to say he won us over 30 points is ridiculous. We wouldn't have played with ten men if RVP wasn't at the club, would we?!?! Sleepy

There is a hell of a lot of dead wood that needs to be shifted, but it's going to be very hard. Djourrou, Bendtner, Chamakh, Park, Denilson are the main ones who need to be sold, but there is either a lack of interest or clubs can't afford the transfer fee/wages for each player. Then we need to sign another good squad forward, and some decent cover in all defensive positions. I think the midfield will be ok with Wilshire coming back (if he ever does!), and the Ox being a year older.

I'm pretty certain RVP will leave before the end of this transfer window, and yep it will probably be another long, boring transfer saga that'll end up in him leaving at 23:59 on the final day.
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:02pm

Some people are so blinkered it's unreal. Of course without RVP and his goals it's very likely Arsenal wouldn't have finished 3rd, but to say he won us over 30 points is ridiculous. We wouldn't have played with ten men if RVP wasn't at the club, would we?!?! Sleepy

There is a hell of a lot of dead wood that needs to be shifted, but it's going to be very hard. Djourrou, Bendtner, Chamakh, Park, Denilson are the main ones who need to be sold, but there is either a lack of interest or clubs can't afford the transfer fee/wages for each player. Then we need to sign another good squad forward, and some decent cover in all defensive positions. I think the midfield will be ok with Wilshire coming back (if he ever does!), and the Ox being a year older.

I'm pretty certain RVP will leave before the end of this transfer window, and yep it will probably be another long, boring transfer saga that'll end up in him leaving at 23:59 on the final day.

I read somewhere yesterday that without RVP's goals last season they would have finished 16th
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Dino Baggio Dino Baggio wrote:

I read somewhere yesterday that without RVP's goals last season they would have finished 16th

LOLLOL

And if Man City didn't have Joe Hart they would've finished bottom because there'd be no one to save the goals.

I think people should have licences to be football fans, and have their licences revoked when they make stupid comments like 'Arsenal would've finished (insert position below 6th) if van Persie wasn't there because he scored however many goals'.
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:46pm

LOLLOL

And if Man City didn't have Joe Hart they would've finished bottom because there'd be no one to save the goals.

I think people should have licences to be football fans, and have their licences revoked when they make stupid comments like 'Arsenal would've finished (insert position below 6th) if van Persie wasn't there because he scored however many goals'.

well they certainly wouldnt have finished 3rd with either of the players they have signed to replace him so far

noticed on your other post above you mentioned park. what is the story with this guy. did he not cost 10 million quid....how, why??
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

LOLLOL

well they certainly wouldnt have finished 3rd with either of the players they have signed to replace him so far

noticed on your other post above you mentioned park. what is the story with this guy. did he not cost 10 million quid....how, why??

I doubt Arsenal would've finished third with out RVP, but no one knows what impact Podolski and Giroud will have. Also, what is the point in saying 'without RVP Arsenal would've done this that and the other'? Arsenal did have RVP and that's all that matters.

Park cost £3mil, which is still over the odds! Wenger clearly doesn't fancy him, a very strange purchase.
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 229>
  Share Topic