Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 221222223224225 229>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:58pm
There are only handful of players in that entire Arsenal squad worth keeping if they were really going to kick on under a new manager over the next year or 2. Amazing to watch so many wasters on huge wages together at such a big club. 

The moment that Ljunberg started Mustafi at the weekend, the board should have removed him. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 6:08am
Couldn't believe he started Mustafi last week. 

It is a truly embarrassing club at the moment. It's as weak a squad now as when the likes of Andre Santos was busy swapping jerseys with rival players at half time. Pathetic.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:45pm
Arteta confirmed as the new Arsenal manager.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Highly risky appointment.If he starts badly then they could really be dragged into a relegation battle. Or he could be the next best thing since sliced bread. However it strikes me as a typical non-expensive puppet appointment which the Arsenal board will be happy with.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:23pm
It's a bold move, and he has had plenty championing his credentials. Who knows 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Highly risky appointment.If he starts badly then they could really be dragged into a relegation battle. Or he could be the next best thing since sliced bread. However it strikes me as a typical non-expensive puppet appointment which the Arsenal board will be happy with.

AFC actually made an operating loss last season, the first since 2002.

I'm not sure whethet it featured in those accounts, but iirc,  with Emery appearing to have had a good finish to the previous season, Kroenke allowed him to bring forward some of his future budget in a push for CL qualification, which obviously failed.

Arteta will need to be every bit as good as his references suggest and even that may not be enough, esp if they don't qualify for the CL again next season.

Edited by Territorial - 20 Dec 2019 at 4:26pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

My guess is that he will get a win or two early on and the pundits will be lauding him as the next top coach and then the plateau period will start and then mediocrity of Unai Emery proporions will take over followed by sacking Marco Silva style.

Maybe he will be good but ridiculous a club like Arsenal taking such a gamble on a rookie.   Arsenal could completely fall off the planet and be years and years out of the top 4.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 3:04pm
Not a vintage display from Arsenal but they are in the semis and that's the bottom line.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 3:32pm

Not a vintage display from Arsenal but they are in the semis and that's the bottom line.

Cos Stone Cold said so
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 6:29pm
Arsenal should have won that far more easily.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 8:27am
Is Arteta under pressure now?

Arsenal next 3 games:

Everton away
Man City 1/4 League cup 
Chelsea Home 

If they lose those 2 league games they will be hovering over relegation after 15 games.

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Is Arteta under pressure now?

Arsenal next 3 games:

Everton away
Man City 1/4 League cup 
Chelsea Home 

If they lose those 2 league games they will be hovering over relegation after 15 games.
empty stadium keeping some of the pressure off - they were poor in the league after the COVID break last season and getting worse. Sticking with David Luis not a good call and leaving some of the other players wondering wtf I’d imagine. If he was employed from outside the EPL he’d have a tougher time from the media.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 9:27am
Luis is a hugely popular figure in the dressing room so he's probably getting some backlash for leaving him out.

There's a serious lack of creativity and urgency on the ball. Saka is consistently the best players and he's a teenager. Aubameyang, despite his goal last night, is a shell of what he was. Looks devoid of any confidence. Bellerin could do with a spell on the bench. He's been brutal for weeks.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 9:32am
a few weeks ago you had the spoofer Tim Cahill lecturing Keane about Solskjaer and that unlike Ole Arteta had a plan in place.  Some plan 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:27am
I'm surprised that it's started to fall apart so quickly. At the start of the season, I thought they might have a good chance at a CL spot. They're either being poorly coached, or else just not playing for Arteta. I'd be inclined to think it's the latter.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:38am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I'm surprised that it's started to fall apart so quickly. At the start of the season, I thought they might have a good chance at a CL spot. They're either being poorly coached, or else just not playing for Arteta. I'd be inclined to think it's the latter.

Yeah I reckon it's far more likely this as well.

Only Tierney and Saka seem to be really trying - the rest are strolling through games. Aubameyang and Lacazette in particular have been pretty disgraceful for them this season.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:52am
The lack of discipline in the squad is very concerning as well. Pepe, Xhaka and Gabriel (more clumsy than anything, but still still indiscipline when you know you're already booked). Then you have Elneny against Burnley, and Ceballos' yellow for petulance last night just shows a weak mentality within some of the big players. But you could argue that's nothing new.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:55am
Lucky to get the draw yesterday...Not often as a Saints fan I'd be disappointed not winning away to Arsenal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 221222223224225 229>
  Share Topic