Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 229>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Celtic would be mental to sell for £20m when English full backs of less quality are going for double that.
There would be a f**king riot. VVD went too cheaply and Dembele went too cheaply as well, although there was improvement at least.This board keep getting credit for their dealings, but to me they are a sh*t show and it wouldn’t surprise me if they considered it. 
Values are no longer really comparable, but the lad is happy at Celtic and Celtic don’t need to sell, so any bid should have to be ridiculous. That’s not the Celtic way though, fight over a fiver with players coming in and take anything coming in, just as long as there is a sell-on clause they can wank over.
Sponsored Links

ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

There would be a f**king riot. VVD went too cheaply and Dembele went too cheaply as well, although there was improvement at least.This board keep getting credit for their dealings, but to me they are a sh*t show and it wouldn’t surprise me if they considered it. 
Values are no longer really comparable, but the lad is happy at Celtic and Celtic don’t need to sell, so any bid should have to be ridiculous. That’s not the Celtic way though, fight over a fiver with players coming in and take anything coming in, just as long as there is a sell-on clause they can wank over.

You certainly don't beat around the bush PM LOL

I see Packie Bonner is making friends with the Arsenal supporters too.

"Former Celtic goalkeeper Pat Bonner has questioned whether Arsenal is "a big enough club" for Kieran Tierney after the Premier League side had a £15m bid for the Parkhead defender rejected.

Arsenal are optimistic of signing 22-year-old left-back Tierney from the Scottish champions.

And Bonner believes a fee of "around £25m, with add-ons" would be "a price you'd start talking about".

"If Kieran was playing in England, he'd probably be worth about £50m," he said.

"But because it's Scotland, I would think £25m would be a price you'd start talking about, with add-ons.

"He's got the ability to go into a club like Arsenal. Whether Arsenal is a big enough club for Kieran Tierney, that's the question.

"If you were picking out a player in British football at the moment that can play left-back, himself and [Liverpool's Scotland captain] Andy Robertson are the best two in Britain, if not Europe."

Tierney, capped 12 times by Scotland, is contracted to Celtic to 2023, and helped his boyhood club secure a domestic treble treble last term.

Former Everton and Scotland striker James McFadden says the £15m figure is not "anywhere near enough" for a player of Tierney's calibre.

"I don't think that will be even close to tempting Celtic into selling," he added.

"You only need to look at his rival in the Scotland side, Andy Robertson, to say that there's not much to pick between them and for me they are as good as each other. So that would tell you Celtic would be looking for far more if they want to sell him.

"I imagine at some point it would be good to see him test himself somewhere else but I don't think that point is right now."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

"If you were picking out a player in British football at the moment that can play left-back, himself and [Liverpool's Scotland captain] Andy Robertson are the best two in Britain, if not Europe."
If KT is arguably one of the best two best LB's in Europe and could be bought for £25m (whilst the other contender is firmly tied down), how come Barca, RM, Bayern, PSG, Juve, M.City etc aren't all queuing up to buy him?

Which is not to say he's a bad player, or that he won't develop into an even better one, but come on, cash-strapped Arsenal? Confused
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 12:26pm
£40m for Zaha, talk about chancing your arm LOL
Some people just deserve a slap
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 1:08pm

Talk that the offer was 8 million a year for 5 years

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Is this not how most deals are structured nowadays?
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

More or less. When Martial's contract was posted online by hackers it showed United agreeing to pay a lump of 40 million up front, then another 10 million a year later. It included payments to Monaco when he hit a certain number of goals for Utd, a certain number of international appearances and goals etc. Monaco were guaranteed something like 70 million euro from the deal with a potential for many more millions on top. There was also a clause stating that Monaco would get a cut regarding any future sale over a certain amount.

Apart from the initial lump the other payments are staggered.

Edited by colemanY2K - 02 Jul 2019 at 4:15pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 4:25pm

Not at such low amounts I wouldn't think
Would generally be a larger up front fee with smaller payments throughout the course of the deal
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 7:00pm

Not at such low amounts I wouldn't think
Would generally be a larger up front fee with smaller payments throughout the course of the deal

Correct.

But more generally, there are many factors which can come into play, inc how desperate for cash the sellers are; or how desperate to buy the bidders are; whether FFP is a factor; or whether there's a sell-on fee included etc. And of course, whether it's a 3, 4 or 5 year contract. I'd imagine the Agent's requirements might have a bearing, too.

That said, I'd say Arsenal's bid may well have been in installments, even for so "small" a sum.

For in the absence of CL football - again - Kroenke is widely reported to have allocated just £40m to Emery for transfers this summer, which when you consider all the other gaps in his squad which he needs to fill, means he's like a kid in a sweetshop, desperately trying to eke out his pocket money to make it last the week.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:25pm
Koscielny refused to go on the tour of America, which was against the club's wishes. You know where the door is Laurent.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Koscielny refused to go on the tour of America, which was against the club's wishes. You know where the door is Laurent.

Sky reporting that is the reason, he wants to go back to France for personal reasons, the club he wants to go to(Guingamp) can't afford to buy him so he wants his contract revoked so he can join them on a free.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Sky reporting that is the reason, he wants to go back to France for personal reasons, the club he wants to go to(Guingamp) can't afford to buy him so he wants his contract revoked so he can join them on a free.
That’s class! Fair play to him.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

John Cross from the mirror is tweeting that Kos has been offered a 2+1 deal by Bordeaux. The t**ser is club captain and should be made honour his contract...if he refuses let him rot on the bench until his current contract expires next summer. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 2:04pm
I'm sure he could buy out his own contract if he really wanted out

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:27am
Please tell me this Dani Alves story is just silly season nonsense  Disapprove
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:41am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Please tell me this Dani Alves story is just silly season nonsense  Disapprove
Why, would you not take him?

He's still a class act going by his Copa America performances
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:47am
Haven't seen any of his Copa America performances but I've seen enough of his career in the past few years to know he's not a class act, seems like he would be poison in the dressing room too. Was never a fan of his even when he was at Barca, prick.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:48am
He was fckin brilliant at Barca.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 229>
  Share Topic