You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 229>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

If they somehow managed to pull off top 4 it would be something else considering they look a broken team for a long time now. If they manage it Wenger might get a new 4 or 5 year contract LOL

I had honestly thought they had no chance of 4th a few weeks ago but now it wouldn't surprise me at all LOL. They love 4th
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 9:42pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 3:59pm
Arsenal need to score a heap tonight to cover all eventualities - there are GD and GS scenarios they ought to try and cover.

Their GD is 4 goals worse than Liverpool's. If they win, they'll be a point behind Liverpool. They want to at least have a chance of making it with a draw at the weekend, if they don't beat Everton but Liverpool somehow choke at home to Boro and lose. If Arsenal win by 4 tonight then even if they draw with Everton at the weekend, provided Liverpool lose by even 1, Arsenal would be in. If it came down to GS, it would be very close, possibly even identical and needing a playoff, so Arsenal would be advised to put the hammer down tonight. 4-0 is much better than 3-0 or 4-1.

Similarly, they could end up level with City, if City win one and lose one, and Arsenal win both. City's GD is 5 goals better at the minute; it also depends how City do tonight, admittedly, but Arsenal are in a strong position if they win by 4 tonight and City win by 1. That would mean a win over Everton and a City loss to Watford would almost certainly be sufficient, as Arsenal would almost certainly beat City on goals scored in such a scenario (City will not concede 5 over the next 2 games, so if they finish level on points and GD with Arsenal, Arsenal will win on GS). I think City are more likely to lose at the weekend (away to Watford) than home to West Brom tonight.

Anyway, a heap of goals tonight to cover all eventualities is good for Arsenal. Even the very fact of doing it would put pressure on City and Liverpool: that can't be underestimated either.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 16 May 2017 at 4:03pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:18pm
What's up with Per Mertesacker? is he still alive
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:20pm
Haven't read the exact quotes, but Wenger is coming across very ungraceful with his comments on Chelsea having it easy as they had no European football to worry about, and then about Liverpool getting lucky as West Ham had nothing to play for on Sunday.

Did Stoke have much to play for on Saturday?
The reason Arsenal have sneaked into the top 4 in some of the last few seasons is exactly by playing teams who put in performances such as West Ham's on Sunday in the last few weeks of the season

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 16 May 2017 at 4:21pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:30pm
Ah yeah but he is trying to motivate the Watford, West Brom and Boro players. There's a reason he didn't say it before the Stoke game.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 16 May 2017 at 4:31pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Haven't read the exact quotes, but Wenger is coming across very ungraceful with his comments on Chelsea having it easy as they had no European football to worry about, and then about Liverpool getting lucky as West Ham had nothing to play for on Sunday.

The reason Arsenal have sneaked into the top 4 in some of the last few seasons is exactly by playing teams who put in performances such as West Ham's on Sunday in the last few weeks of the season

Have to admit I would absolutely laugh if Liverpool bollocksed it up on Sunday and Arsenal got in LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:40pm

He also rather bizarrely criticised Chelsea's style of play in the same interview. Liverpool and Man City have played some nice football in spells, but Chelsea have consistently been the best side to watch the league this season imo. I'd be quite surprised if he does stay on at Arsenal after the summer as so much of his behaviour this season has suggested he is on the way out.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:42pm
He's 21 points behind Chelsea. Shouldn't really be commenting on them as if they were a rival of theirs for the title.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:45pm
Saying Liverpool are lucky because West Ham have nothing to play for, remind me again who are Arsenal playing tonight LOLEmbarrassed
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Have to admit I would absolutely laugh if Liverpool bollocksed it up on Sunday and Arsenal got in LOL

I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen but I think Liverpool will win comfortably against Boro.

Sturridge to score a brace.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen but I think Liverpool will win comfortably against Boro.

Sturridge to score a brace.

Lverpool usually make things hard for themselves and there may have been more doubt against defensive minded Boro but the fact they're relegated, Liverpool should win comfortably. No guarantee Arsenal would beat Everton anyway. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 8:16pm
Shaping up to be one of them nights for Arsenal. Very flat performance.

Sunderland might get a draw and it's curtains for Arsenal. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:10pm
Arsenal not going to do anything on GD now. Arsenal are not going to get a 5 goal swing relative to City; Liverpool aren't going to lose by two to Boro.

That said, if Boro do beat Liverpool 2-0 and Arsenal draw 1-1, it'll be playoff time!
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Arsenal not going to do anything on GD now. Arsenal are not going to get a 5 goal swing relative to City; Liverpool aren't going to lose by two to Boro.

That said, if Boro do beat Liverpool 2-0 and Arsenal draw 1-1, it'll be playoff time!

I would have thought that head to head results and disciplinary records would come into consideration before a playoff could occur?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:23am
Not in the "greatest league in the world" they don't.

GS
Playoff

Never been called for before, though. They also only have them if there is something important on the line: relegation, the title or a question of European qualification.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 1:41am
Amazed that head to head isn't used. It's the first tie breaker for teams level on points in plenty of big competitions. I'd say if it went to a play off this season, they wouldn't be long entering in the extra tie breaker criteria for next season!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 11:26am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

That's just under 760/1 on BET365. I've just stuck a euro on it.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 229>
  Share Topic