You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 229>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 4:54pm
No matter how many times its been explained to packie about the situation at united he still doesn't get it- you really are an imbecile- are you a wum or what?
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sponsored Links

packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

No matter how many times its been explained to packie about the situation at united he still doesn't get it- you really are an imbecile- are you a wum or what?

me and all the FC United founder members Thumbs Up
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 10:08pm
Watching the Arsenal now is like watching one of those nature programmes where there's a big herd of wildebeest with lions circling and they single out the one with the limp. You're hoping he'll escape but you know it's curtains and it's hard to watch. Would like to see United buy Van Persie. Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez and RVP would be a serious strike force 
Back o' the Net !
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 11:24pm
Brendan Rodgers will be Arsenal manager summer '12

14/1

Edited by tonyjaa - 18 Feb 2012 at 11:25pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 12:25am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Brendan Rodgers will be Arsenal manager summer '12

14/1

Even though he's rejected the advances of his country , brought Swansea to the EPL for the first time and has recently signed a new contract? Now tony saying he "will be" is a bold statement 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 12:56am
??

he'd be great for them , hes young and he'd apply the awesome attacking philosophy he has done at Swansea , Arseanl would have to pay serious money for him though
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 8:58am
Mentions that Arsenal will an approach for Pep Guardialo and Wenger to go upstairs.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 11:05am
This is the time of the year when Guardiola is persuaded to sign a new 1 year deal.

Every year no one really has a clue if he'll sign it or not. Wouldn't be shocked if he left. But I have heard previously he won't jump straight into a new club. He may take time out for a year.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 4:37pm
Wenger is limited in the type of player he brings in. He hasn't been able to bring in a decent centre half or defensive midfielder in the last 6 or 7 years when it's been noticeable to everyone that they're too light weight and get bullied too easily against teams who put it up to them physically. He's too one dimensional, also seems too stubborn to change any of his ways.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 4:41pm
players need to take hard look at themselves too, likes of walcott being paid high wages and being hyped up, when he plays like a very average player that can run fast. as for the likes of arshavin and rosicky, words fail me (60k a week for them ??)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by RoyoftheRavers RoyoftheRavers wrote:

Wenger is limited in tHe nhe type of player he brings in. He hasn't been able to bring in a decent centre half or defensive midfielder in the last 6 or 7 years when it's been noticeable to everyone that they're too light weight and get bullied too easily against teams who put it up to them physically. He's too one dimensional, also seems too stubborn to change any of his ways.

Agree. He needs a few premier league hardened players. He should get a top keeper while hes at it. Not because hes irish but why didnt he sign shay given? He would have done well at arsenal. Hes not too old either. He could easily do another 2 or 3 seasons like van der sar did. Hes a proven keeper in that league.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 5:47pm
they have a good young keeper in sczesny. i was just wondering, was the result at sunderland last saturday more important long term for arsenal than the fa cup this weekend ? 4th place and CL qualification seems essential for the "big" clubs, more so than a cup (its all about the money)
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by RoyoftheRavers RoyoftheRavers wrote:

Wenger is limited in tHe nhe type of player he brings in. He hasn't been able to bring in a decent centre half or defensive midfielder in the last 6 or 7 years when it's been noticeable to everyone that they're too light weight and get bullied too easily against teams who put it up to them physically. He's too one dimensional, also seems too stubborn to change any of his ways.

Agree. He needs a few premier league hardened players. He should get a top keeper while hes at it. Not because hes irish but why didnt he sign shay given? He would have done well at arsenal. Hes not too old either. He could easily do another 2 or 3 seasons like van der sar did. Hes a proven keeper in that league.

Yea I thought they should've signed Given years ago. They seem to finally have a decent keeper however. Their problems are in defence and midfield. And team spirit in general - the application of the Sunderland players yesterday was very different to that of arsenal.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
M.50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 6:29pm
It's no coincidence that Arsenal has been in freefall since David Dein left the club. There's only man who will raise Arsenal out of this slump and that's the aforementioned.

End of discussion Thumbs Up
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 10:15pm

Keep on forgetting Oxo-Chamberlain is only 18 Shocked

Was just looking at his wiki page

"The Sun revealed that Oxlade-Chamberlain nearly chose rugby over football when he was offered a trial at London Irish. Oxlade-Chamberlain played rugby at scrum half or full back.

My senior school didn't play football. It was a rugby and cricket school and as I was on a sports scholarship I was forced to play rugby. I played scrum-half or full-back and I was all right at it. I got a trial for London Irish but couldn't do it because Southampton wouldn't let me."

Serious player for his age though and seems a decent lad. I would imagine his rugby upbringing would have played a part in that (aint that right Gerk Big smile). A very efficient player full stop, not just for an 18 year old.

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Keep on forgetting Oxo-Chamberlain is only 18 Shocked

Was just looking at his wiki page

"The Sun revealed that Oxlade-Chamberlain nearly chose rugby over football when he was offered a trial at London Irish. Oxlade-Chamberlain played rugby at scrum half or full back.

My senior school didn't play football. It was a rugby and cricket school and as I was on a sports scholarship I was forced to play rugby. I played scrum-half or full-back and I was all right at it. I got a trial for London Irish but couldn't do it because Southampton wouldn't let me."

Serious player for his age though and seems a decent lad. I would imagine his rugby upbringing would have played a part in that (aint that right Gerk Big smile). A very efficient player full stop, not just for an 18 year old.

johnny giles was praising him a few weeks ago and said how his father was a handy football player in his day.would he have any chance of getting on the england team at the euros? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
vinny 2012 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 10:47pm
fairplay to arsenal tonight they did themsleves and their manager proud
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 1:22am
Great effort by Arsenal tonight but that sorta heart and application shoulda been there 2 weeks ago.  The mountain was too high to climb.

As for Ibrahimovic and his fans on here.............Embarrassed, what a complete and utter fake. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 229>
  Share Topic