Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 229>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Arsenal thread
    Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 9:54pm
Deserves a thread of it's own.
I have to say that are on a downward spiral big time.

Tonight's result is such a massive blow. 
Wenger must consider his position now?

25 games gone in the EPL and they are 17 points behind the leaders.
No silverware in 7 years.

Discuss?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 10:03pm
Moyes in, Wenger out in the summer. Another manager happy enough to stick around at a club with no funds.

Cant see him walking at this stage of the season.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 10:04pm
The problem with Moyes is that he lacks any ambition....
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 10:05pm
Great to see Liverpool and Arsenal in decline I must say.  Lets hope it continues. 
AKA pedantic kunt
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 10:08pm
I definitely think this is Wengers last season at the Arsenal, I don't think they will sack him but he will move on particularly if they don't make the CL next year. If Mourinho is coming back to the PL he might go for Real although I would imagine one day he would like to take on the French job and if they have another shocker during the summer maybe Blanc will get the push. 

RVP will be on his bike during the summer too and without a replacement and CL football to attract talent it could be a big rebuilding job at the Emirates.

Losing Nasri and Fabregas and not having top class replacements lined up was a disaster. Their midfield was a shambles tonight.
Back o' the Net !
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 10:10pm
It's a tough decision for the Arsenal board
Wenger balances the books very well for them but that is now coming at a price
Whose to say a new manager will do any better with limited funds
Although he's bought some expensive duds recently
Squad clearout is deffo needed tho
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 10:11pm
RVP to City I reckon..

There is no way he can stay at Arsenal now.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The problem with Moyes is that he lacks any ambition....

Like Arsene..

I think after he gets the sack by Chelsea, they should give AVB a long term project. Thats what they need now, a young manager with drive and ambition and allow him to build a team around the likes of Chamberlain, Ramsey and Wilshere and with Arsenal should give him the time needed.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 10:15pm
A few centre halfs would be a good starting point
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 10:17pm
Sad to see the decline as have always been the 1 epl team I enjoyed watching Thumbs Down 
Hopefully a new manager coming in with a new approach could be the answer and maybe buy a defender or 2 who can defend rather than the ball players wenger buys to play there. Would still fancy them for 4th place though as the other 3 teams in the battle for 4th are in a worse state or have lesser squads
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 12:44am
wenger has been successful with the football they play, the youth team and some wise dpending. im a utd fan but think it would be a big mistake to get rid of wenger. he needs to spend a bit, but they have a decent team there and wilshire will be a big player for them when back. the spine of the team is almost there for them. but they cant keep making excuses.

arteta decent player but not calibre of fab or nasri. mertesacker has been found out in the epl despite his record for the germans. vermalen i rate highly. szechnesy has been good and is young. they need a back up striker and creative midfielder and an enforcer with wilshire between them for balance and then to get rid off walcott.

i miss challenging with arsenal for trophies.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 12:59am
Wenger for Jose swap Thumbs Up

greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:58am
Totally agree with Dotts...its a shame...i felt the same way with the pool but they seem to be slowly getting back on their feet..they were nearly relegation material under Hodgson!...sadly i think Wenger should go IMO...fantastic manager...one of the best the EPL has ever seen but i fear he may have taken this team as far as he can...they are at least two seasons away from competing again...too many weak links in the squad currently and a quick fix wont work...they could do with almost a whole new back 4 bar Varmaelen...get rid of Walcott...my god he is a waste of space...a strong DM...they have some exceptional young talent and are not a million miles away from a fantastic team...they cant lose VP but i fear they will...someone said Moyes lacks ambition?!?....how can you say that??....how Moyes has kept that team in the top half of the table consistently with practically no money...fantastic achievement.
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 2:02pm
The depressing thing is that was probably the first choice starting 11 bar Wilshere (Walcott and Gervinho are at the same level, fast but cant kick a ball). Song's form has been terrible lately and Coquelin should be used instead, Chamberlain also needs to play full games as he always looks dangerous and for the record Koscielny is better than Vermaelen. Hill wood out Thumbs Down.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 2:16pm
I said at the start of the season that if Arsenal finish in 6th or 7th position in the table and trophyless again, Wenger would be finished.

But I still don't think Arsenal will sack him. In fact, I would be absolutely astounded if they do.
But he'll likely move upstairs or resign at the end of the season.

Edited by Stoked Up - 16 Feb 2012 at 2:17pm
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 2:39pm
They are shocking

Easy to blame wenger but he put out his strongest x1 bar aoc

Is there any character in that team whatsoever? They completely rolled over last night- no hint of a fight back 

Vermaelen was fookin shocking last night- that djorou lad was terrible aswel- and surprise surprise walcott once again anonymous
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

Totally agree with Dotts...its a shame...i felt the same way with the pool but they seem to be slowly getting back on their feet..they were nearly relegation material under Hodgson!...sadly i think Wenger should go IMO...fantastic manager...one of the best the EPL has ever seen but i fear he may have taken this team as far as he can...they are at least two seasons away from competing again...too many weak links in the squad currently and a quick fix wont work...they could do with almost a whole new back 4 bar Varmaelen...get rid of Walcott...my god he is a waste of space...a strong DM...they have some exceptional young talent and are not a million miles away from a fantastic team...they cant lose VP but i fear they will...someone said Moyes lacks ambition?!?....how can you say that??....how Moyes has kept that team in the top half of the table consistently with practically no money...fantastic achievement.

ive never felt sorry for the pool, ive enjoyed them being so poor, mainly due to their fans and constant rely on the PAST
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 4:46pm
feel for wenger, one of the few bosses that have a sense of reality to know that 150 to 200k a week is way too much to pay a player when the clubs owe millions (and yes that includes you man utd, ). As we can see with the current situation with Glasgow Rangers 2012 HMRCFC, everyone has to pay up sometime 
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 229>
  Share Topic