You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 229>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:59am
Sorry lads, yes he was probably the best right back in the world when at his prime in that barca team, but not a chance he has been anywhere near that since and certainly not in the past couple of seasons at PSG
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Please tell me this Dani Alves story is just silly season nonsense  Disapprove
Why, would you not take him?

He's still a class act going by his Copa America performances

Firstly, he is a 36 year old player demanding £200k p/w who's best days are behind him.

Secondly, the Copa America is a totally different kettle of fish to a 50 odd game season.

Third, I'd prefer to see us spend those wages more wisely and to plump for a player like Tierney or another young player in that position.

We went down this road last season with Lichtensteiner. As brilliant as he was at Juve the legs were gone by the time he came to the club. A few million f**ked down the drain. I wouldn't like to see that mistake repeated again.

Edited by colemanY2K - 19 Jul 2019 at 12:01pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:54pm
Cafu pissed at Dani Alves LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:59pm
Not sure why but I've always held a deep hatred for the man LOL His antics with Neymar at PSG the past few seasons particularly ganging up on Cavani and Mbappe really fuelled my hatred the past couple of seasons
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:08pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Please tell me this Dani Alves story is just silly season nonsense  Disapprove
Why, would you not take him?

He's still a class act going by his Copa America performances

Firstly, he is a 36 year old player demanding £200k p/w who's best days are behind him.

Secondly, the Copa America is a totally different kettle of fish to a 50 odd game season.

Third, I'd prefer to see us spend those wages more wisely and to plump for a player like Tierney or another young player in that position.

We went down this road last season with Lichtensteiner. As brilliant as he was at Juve the legs were gone by the time he came to the club. A few million f**ked down the drain. I wouldn't like to see that mistake repeated again.

Exactly, there's not a chance he'd be the type of character that team needs. He has great experience and has won everything, but he wouldn't be suited to playing games for about 5 months of the season because of the weather.

It echoes the Lichsteiner signing, brought in to bring some leadership to the squad. But his legs had gone and I didn't see much leadership from him on the pitch, spent most of his time complaining.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:13pm
Does the weather really matter anymore? He won’t be playing on Hackney Marshes!
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 4:03pm

he is a 36 year old player demanding £200k p/w who's best days are behind him.

But you can see the attraction to a skint manager like Emery.

No transfer fee.

And even if his wages should be £200k per week (which I strongly doubt, unless heavily bonus-based), it's still only payable in monthly installments.

And Arsenal's current problems in the transfer market all stem from their inability/unwillingness to pay fees up front (eg Zaha, Sidibe or Tierney)

I could be very wrong, but I think Emery is gambling on getting back into the CL after next season, which could free up another few quid from Kroenke.

And if Alves has even one more half-decent season in him, he could contribute towards that goal.

Edited by Territorial - 19 Jul 2019 at 4:06pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:17pm
If ever there was a time to invest in the Arsenal team is now. Good manager after a decent season reaching a final. Chelsea have a new manager and can't buy any players. And Man United well it could be a disaster under Solksjaer or maybe not. So surely to fook Arsenal should take a bit of a risk and spend some loot on a couple of defenders and a midfielder 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

If ever there was a time to invest in the Arsenal team is now. Good manager after a decent season reaching a final. Chelsea have a new manager and can't buy any players. And Man United well it could be a disaster under Solksjaer or maybe not. So surely to fook Arsenal should take a bit of a risk and spend some loot on a couple of defenders and a midfielder 

Arsenal are owned by an American who is not interested in footballing success BH. He is only interested in the bottom line.

Arsenal are becoming a "theatre" club where tourists to London flock to "watch a game of football" and then "go to a show".AngryAngry

As far as Arsenal's owners are concerned, buying players is an unnecessary expenditure, rather than a fundamental requirement of successful football teams.

looking at the future, Arsenal are finished as a competitive club.

Emery performed a miracle IMO last season, along with the efforts of Ramsey all season.

This season, Ramsay is gone, and with him is any hope Arsenal can compete. name one, ONE player who you think should lead Arsenal. I can't tbh.

A long period of nothingness awaits given the current ownership setup, the Wenger squad legacy and the inability of the club to attract top class footballers seeking success. Those 3 things are enough to demonstrate just how weak Arsenal are as a top level club in a footballing sense.

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:43pm
Becoming? They have been that for over a decade!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 3:43pm
Ceballos loan deal confirmed. Haven't seen much of him tbh, what type of player is he? Hopefully its a bit more successful than Denis Suarez's loan deal, which wouldn't be difficult.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 3:46pm
Can play as a number 8 or number 10, excellent passer and has a great strike on him.I think he’s quality, should get plenty of game time.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 11:32am
Some excellent signings this week, looks like Pepe is done now too. But where the f**k are the defenders we need
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 4:55pm
Good signings, but as you said, it's defenders that are needed. And where did they suddenly discover the money for Pepe, considering the figures I've seen have been double the transfer budget that was quoted at the start of the summer.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 10:07pm
Its paid in installments over the course of his contract I'd imagine. Arsenal might only be handing over 20 million this summer for example.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 10:56pm
Ye I just saw that they're happy to accept installments over 5 years. Good deal if that's the case.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 7:22am
Never heard of this Pepe lad but anything is welcome at this stage after our collapse at the tail end of last season. 

I'm in danger of falling in to the old trap by saying this but he looks quality from the clips I've seen. Hopefully Pepe is not another Nani in that like the fomer man utd player he seems to be heavily reliant on one foot. In this case the left.

Hopefully now the management can focus on bringing in a couple of quality defensive players or else we'll be like early noughties Real who's response to a leaky defence wasn't to buy better defenders but to simply say we'll just have to score more than the opposition. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 2:07am
Mustafi up to his old tricks again in the game yesterday for one of the Lyon goals. He's a brutal defender, always looking to take the easy way out with offside calls rather than tracking the run. Don't think I've ever disliked an Arsenal player as much.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 229>
  Share Topic