You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Cricket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 125>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:18am
How long before a win? Read last night it took New Zealand 42 matches (and 26 years!) to get a win once they got to test status. Bangladesh were joined in 2000 and took 34 matches for a win.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:20am
I don't think it will as long as those. Will be likely playing Zimbabwe and Afghanistan for the next while.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:42am
TBH the test game is dying a slow death. The ashes will be the last to go.

T20 and one day tests are the future. They are exciting and you can actually have a world cup.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

T20 and one day tests are the future. They are exciting and you can actually have a world cup.
YEah agreed. Does this mean we get the automatic qualification to the world cup though? 
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I was off sick from work for about a week and spent most of it watching that ICC Champions trophy and i have to say i quite enjoyed it. Will definitley stick on some One Day/T20 games/tournaments in the future.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

They could hold their own against Zimbabwe and Afghanistan but would be hammered by the rest more than likely

We've played most of the rest of them in recent years, beaten a fair amount of them. Yes in a different format, but it's not like Bangladesh who were totally unprepared for the step up when they were admitted.

Personally I don't think we'll play many tests if any, before the next WC. That will be the main focus for the next two years, and it will be more difficult than it has been in the last few years.

We only have one fixture afaik scheduled for the rest of the year, against the Windies at home. But at least we now know that the lack of sunshine % in Dublin compared to England, was not a barrier to gaining test status after all.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 2:03pm
John Bracewell stepping down as Ireland coach at the end of the year. Not surprising the results haven't been exactly great. Be interesting to see who they bring in. Wonder would Trent Johnston be interested ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

John Bracewell stepping down as Ireland coach at the end of the year. Not surprising the results haven't been exactly great. Be interesting to see who they bring in. Wonder would Trent Johnston be interested ?

Be great if he was - The only thing that might put him off would be he has a relatively young family. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:35pm
Ireland to play first Test Match against Pakistan in May 2018 in Ireland

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Ireland to play first Test Match against Pakistan in May 2018 in Ireland

I'll be lumping on the draw !
DC96 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 7:17pm
Just wondering, whats the forums' stance on advertising other forums? I've lurked here a while and am a big football fan but also big fan of cricket as well, know of a small irish cricket forum I'd like to link (if allowed) to maybe get the members up, if anyone here even cares about the sport at all that is.

Aside from that I'll definitely be looking to go to the Pakistan match, be a perfect way to celebrate end of exams.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by DC96 DC96 wrote:

Just wondering, whats the forums' stance on advertising other forums? I've lurked here a while and am a big football fan but also big fan of cricket as well, know of a small irish cricket forum I'd like to link (if allowed) to maybe get the members up, if anyone here even cares about the sport at all that is.

Aside from that I'll definitely be looking to go to the Pakistan match, be a perfect way to celebrate end of exams.
other forums get mentioned regulalrly enough just dont spam the place
DC96 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:28pm
Grand job.

This is the one I referred to.

http://irishcricket.freeforums.net/

Thats the one and only time I'll be mentioning it!

Any cricket fans feel free to give it a look
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:29pm
Yeah fire it up on here, Trapped and Drog Addict are massive fans, haven't missed a match in years, makes my 2 r 3 games a year look pitiful
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:33am
Tickets on sale tomorrow for the Test match against Pakistan in Malahide. May 11th to 15th.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:40am
Already be on it but the fkn price of hotels etc in Dublin even for 2 nights are a fkn joke. Might have to be train down from Newry each day or something.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:50am
Got free tickets through the job off one of the sponsors for England a couple of years ago but that company is no longer a sponsor. Might have to pay for tickets this time. Cry
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 12:25pm
No prices up yet I see, will probably just do the first two days.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 125>
  Share Topic