You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Cricket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 125>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Is Irish cricket flush with money or something - they always seem to be out in Abu Dabi which cant be cheap

I don't believe they are - The boss of Cricket Ireland had to give them a loan last year I believe but this was all done in the proper way! 
UAE have been keen to promote themselves as a venue for Cricket for a number of years so I think there will be incentives in place for teams to go there. 

Yep - Couple of great stadiums there and pretty lax COVID restrictions. This years entire IPL was played in the UAE 
@AntrimMan85
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 1:45pm

Is Irish cricket flush with money or something - they always seem to be out in Abu Dabi which cant be cheap

I don't believe they are - The boss of Cricket Ireland had to give them a loan last year I believe but this was all done in the proper way! 
UAE have been keen to promote themselves as a venue for Cricket for a number of years so I think there will be incentives in place for teams to go there. 

Exactly, it's the Gulf States throwing money into sport so you'd imagine is heavilly incentivised.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Exactly, it's the Gulf States throwing money into sport so you'd imagine is heavilly incentivised.

Still say 20 players  ?  8 backroom staff, all staying in I assume I nice 4 star hotel for 3 weeks , food drink transport pocket money etc
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:16pm
Lost by 16 runs
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:17pm
Don't think Irish Cricket would be paying much, if anything towards it, it's a world cup qualifier and Afghanistan are the home team so either themselves or ICC paying, possibly with the UAE Govt

That Rashid Khan innings ruined us, he even started slow before unleashing the bat, finished for 55 form 30.Other than that it was pretty even from what I saw. We did well to reel them in from 120/0 early enough on. 

What you'd do for a player like Khan, still only 22.

Edited by nvidic - 21 Jan 2021 at 2:18pm
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:21pm
Classic Irish sports performance- a valiant defeat!

A few more runs from top order and we'd have done it. So much for 3-0. I'd be concerned we could lose the series 3-0
@AntrimMan85
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

A few more runs from top order and we'd have done it. So much for 3-0. I'd be concerned we could lose the series 3-0

Were many talking about 3-0? Hadn't seen much build up to it. 

Afghanistan were strong enough favourites for the game and rightly so. We really need to win the next two though to have a hope of progressing. 
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Were many talking about 3-0? Hadn't seen much build up to it. 

Afghanistan were strong enough favourites for the game and rightly so. We really need to win the next two though to have a hope of progressing. 

Balbirnie referenced it. Probably more as a hope than an expectation. I would have the Afghans as a better team than us in all formats unfortunately.

@AntrimMan85
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 3:38pm
Definitely, amazing what they've achieved in such a short space of time albeit a lot is down to Khan alone. 
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 3:49pm

Definitely, amazing what they've achieved in such a short space of time albeit a lot is down to Khan alone. 

Massive bang of the Welsh football team about them. Solid team of pro's with one absolute star that on his day, will beat teams by himself. 

We don't have anything of that class but Campher looks a find.
@AntrimMan85
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 4:17pm

Massive bang of the Welsh football team about them. Solid team of pro's with one absolute star that on his day, will beat teams by himself. 

We don't have anything of that class but Campher looks a find.
He looks decent alright, I believe they're tyring to find more like him around the world. They won't all come ready-made with Irish passports mind! 
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 9:12pm
Former Ireland fast bowler and team manager  Roy Torrens died today,on the eve of the second odi v Afghanistan. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:13am
Bit of a collapse here after two decent partnerships

Edit - turned into a horrible collapse now, lost 6 wickets for feck all 

Game is on Premier Sport, 412 on sky 

Edited by nvidic - 24 Jan 2021 at 9:27am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 11:56am
The Afgans are going to win this one , we got two good wickets then let them off the hook , or so it seems 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:00am
Bowling well enough this morning, unlucky there in that the ball hit the stumps but didn't dislodge them.

Game is on Premier Sport. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 12:15pm
Bowlers letting it slip late again. 70 runs off last ten overs and 22 off last 11 balls. 

Chasing 267 to win, 91-2 after 15 overs. Stirling on 73 off 60, just got away with an lbw on appeal. 

Live on freesport, can cast app onto TV once you register. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 12:36pm

Bowlers letting it slip late again. 70 runs off last ten overs and 22 off last 11 balls. 

Chasing 267 to win, 91-2 after 15 overs. Stirling on 73 off 60, just got away with an lbw on appeal. 

Not sure he got away with it, was missing by a good bit! Amazing to be on 84 and not even 20 overs gone. 

Shame they didn't review the earlier one, 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 1:46pm

Not sure he got away with it, was missing by a good bit! Amazing to be on 84 and not even 20 overs gone. 

Shame they didn't review the earlier one, 

Sorry, bad turn of phrase on my part, was always missing alright. Didn't see the replay on the earlier one, was it missing? Thought they should have appealed at the time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 125>
  Share Topic