You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Richard Dunne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 53>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Bruce has switched to the north,only other logical option is Wilson.

Not really. How many times has he played CB in his career?? With O Shea and O Dea we have cover. Kelly has played CB under Trap but he's rubbish there. Would have McCshane in there before Kelly.

Edited by Kerrzy - 12 Feb 2012 at 11:15pm
Sponsored Links

dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:25am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagonboyo Bandwagonboyo wrote:

Originally posted by dotts101 dotts101 wrote:

6-8weeks. Give him a rest before june!

Although i bet mcshame gets a call up for the czechs

Anyone calling mcshane mcshame really annoys me. He may not be the greatest ball player but he has always given 100% in green. Anyone who disrespects his effort is no fan IMO

+1

+1
+ 1

guess is should apologise for that, he really gets my blood pumping, he started out so well but is so error prone. im glad we have o dea ahead of him. was the same on kelly for a while but he won me round with his commitment and endeavor as a squad player.
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 5:56am
I wouldn't play McShane in the fans team if i had my way.
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 6:41am
with O'Dea, Sledge, O'Shea and Kelly all having played there I think we are okay. that said would like to see Duffy brought in but i doubt it
niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 9:48am
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

Clap I couldnt agree more.

Duffy is having a good solid season,im not going to talk about him as much as McClean because i got castragated for that but for me duffy should get a run especially now that Dunne wont be playing against the czechs.

Clap
June 2012 party time!!
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 10:05am
hole hearted player but just not good enough, mcshane would be a step back trap give duffy, clark or wilson a go.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:40am
Dunne having a pin put in today. Out for 8 weeks
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:48am
Get well soon Richie Clap
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:48am
good stuff, back fit for the euros and a chance for trap to try out options
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by niall290 niall290 wrote:

Duffy is having a good solid season,im not going to talk about him as much as McClean because i got castragated for that but for me duffy should get a run especially now that Dunne wont be playing against the czechs.

Clap

your saying a man that has played 2 full games at PL level and spent the rest of the season in league one should be catapulted into the squad

Im presuming you watched him a no. Of times for S****horpe because you're hardly basing it on 2 matches for Everton. A bit like a lot of other posters Im sure you wouldnt judge a player simply based on a couple of games   

Edited by Kerrzy - 13 Feb 2012 at 12:16pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:20pm
LOL
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Clap

your saying a man that has played 2 full games at PL level and spent the rest of the season in league one should be catapulted into the squad

Im presuming you watched him a no. Of times for S****horpe because you're hardly basing it on 2 matches for Everton. A bit like a lot of other posters Im sure you wouldnt judge a player simply based on a couple of games   

Embarrassed LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:20pm

I'd play O'Shea at centre back and Stephen Kelly RB

O'Shea playing very well in that position for Sunderland at the minute

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:24pm

Clap

Kerzy, you would never make it as a scout.  There is a talent in being able to spot a player and see in 1 or 2 games that the player has what it takes to make it.  Some people just have talent.  By your logic Wayne Rooney would never have played for Everton at 16 or Pele in the world cup at 18.  I think those who cannot spot good players often hide behind the argument that they have to have played 30 or 40 games, however ifyou are a scout and you need to get in ahead of the other scouts, having the talent to spot players with talent is something that is much sought after by the clubs and countries. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL

Clap

Embarrassed LOL
FFS. Point still stands because theres some ampunt pf brainless ****s coming on here in recent months that hears the name of a young player getting a look in and queue everyone wants to see him in the squad immediately ahead of established PL players. I did say earlier in the thread Id like to see him called in

Edited by Kerrzy - 13 Feb 2012 at 12:44pm
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:27pm
Fractured clavicle Thumbs Down

Did it myself a few years ago- fookin pain of it was horrible

He better be back for the euros
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Kerzy, you would never make it as a scout.  There is a talent in being able to spot a player and see in 1 or 2 games that the player has what it takes to make it.  Some people just have talent.  By your logic Wayne Rooney would never have played for Everton at 16 or Pele in the world cup at 18.  I think those who cannot spot good players often hide behind the argument that they have to have played 30 or 40 games, however ifyou are a scout and you need to get in ahead of the other scouts, having the talent to spot players with talent is something that is much sought after by the clubs and countries. 

its easy to say that about Rooney or Pele now. Have a look at a lot of the failed players., i.e. walcott. Wenger to this day says him being called up in 06 ruined his career ( dont necessarily agree) but he makes a case for it.

I have said that i wouldve had him in the squad earlier in the thread but would be happy enough with mcshane becaise of experience. Talent is only half the battle at international level. I suport the decision and hopefully ot'll quieten down some of the Traps critics that want every ypung player playing at club lecvel in the squad

EDIT: set back rather than ruined would be a better paraphrase    

Edited by Kerrzy - 13 Feb 2012 at 12:41pm
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:47pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

its easy to say that about Rooney or Pele now. Have a look at a lot of the failed players., i.e. walcott. Wenger to this day says him being called up in 06 ruined his career ( dont necessarily agree) but he makes a case for it.

I have said that i wouldve had him in the squad earlier in the thread but would be happy enough with mcshane becaise of experience. Talent is only half the battle at international level. I suport the decision and hopefully ot'll quieten down some of the Traps critics that want every ypung player playing at club lecvel in the squad

EDIT: set back rather than ruined would be a better paraphrase    

Germany was nearly 6 years ago- if walcott hadnt electric pace he wouldnt be a footballer

Look at michael owen pele geoff hurst etc- none of those players had played many internationals before their first tournie and all absolutely took the tournaments by storm- if youre good enough youre old enough

In any case how will a player gain experience if he isnt being picked?
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Germany was nearly 6 years ago- if walcott hadnt electric pace he wouldnt be a footballer

Look at michael owen pele geoff hurst etc- none of those players had played many internationals before their first tournie and all absolutely took the tournaments by storm- if youre good enough youre old enough

In any case how will a player gain experience if he isnt being picked?

You're referring to the cream of the crop there in fairness that had played. Owen played a full season before getting picked - a season which he scored over 20 goals for a top PL team. it looks as if Duffy may not break back into the Everton team soon barring injuries after a couple of terrific results so he may not get much more than a half dozen full games before June with Jakielka coming back from injury in a few weeks. Hes a raw talent, nothing more.

How many were clamouring for his inclusion a month ago before he started a couple of games for Everton? Thats my argument. You dont become a good player overnight. If he was that good people would've been saying the same thing before Estonia. Its easy to say McShame, Mcshanes sh*te, I wouldnt put him in a club team, Duffy should be picked which is what people are saying without actually seeing the fella in action and its pathetic.

He'll get experience in time, hes only 20. And now he could well get a subs appearance at the end of the month.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 53>
  Share Topic