You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O Neill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martin O Neill
    Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:48pm
The man is an irish legend in my opnion.Nobody on here say a whole lot about him but just look what he has done for every team he has managed.I listened to him speak in college one time about what it means to him to be Irish.He is a fanastic speaker.At present he is doing a great job with sunderland and the Irish player there as well(Just look at O Shea and McClean)We probably wouldnt even have a threat on McClean or calling for him to be called up to the squad if O Neill hadent given him a chance a sunderland.The class of the man is further summed up by his response to Tony Pulis refering to David Myler as a cheat.
"This idea that Meyler feigned an injury - I'm sorry, I know David and David is as brave as they come," explained O'Neill.
"He has had two horrendous injuries himself that he is just recovering from, so from that viewpoint I think Tony is wrong.
"Tony Pulis' viewpoint about players having responsibility themselves to stop play-acting, I totally agree with that point, but not in this case with David Meyler."
ClapClapClapClap
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

The man is an irish legend in my opnion.Nobody on here say a whole lot about him but just look what he has done for every team he has managed.I listened to him speak in college one time about what it means to him to be Irish.He is a fanastic speaker.At present he is doing a great job with sunderland and the Irish player there as well(Just look at O Shea and McClean)We probably wouldnt even have a threat on McClean or calling for him to be called up to the squad if O Neill hadent given him a chance a sunderland.The class of the man is further summed up by his response to Tony Pulis refering to David Myler as a cheat.
"This idea that Meyler feigned an injury - I'm sorry, I know David and David is as brave as they come," explained O'Neill.
"He has had two horrendous injuries himself that he is just recovering from, so from that viewpoint I think Tony is wrong.
"Tony Pulis' viewpoint about players having responsibility themselves to stop play-acting, I totally agree with that point, but not in this case with David Meyler."
ClapClapClapClap

Great post Aviva8 Thumbs Up

He is a genius , my footballing loves are Ireland , Celtic and Sunderland so its a privilege for me to have had him take charge of two of my favorite teams who knows Ireland could be next Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:00pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

ClapClapClapClap

Great post Aviva8 Thumbs Up 

I've wanted MON to be SAFC manager and never thought we would get him. The mans a genius and he is spot on about David Meyler.

He is a genius , my footballing loves are Ireland , Celtic and Sunderland so its a privilege for me to have had him take charge of two of my favorite teams who knows Ireland could be next Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 7:44pm
That lecture he gave in College is on youtube, it's an audio only but it's well worth hearing.  Martin O'Neill is an extraordinary character and a bloody brilliant manager, I hope he manages us one day. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic