You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will majority of fans be in Torun or Gdansk?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:27am
No need to stay in the host cities for atmosphere imo.  Irish will be everywhere.

I'm staying in Lodz for convenience and access to Group A games.  torun will most liekly be the ebst place for Irish fans but I think Bydgoszcz is still a great option if you can't book Torun. 

Fans stay everywhere for these tournaments and I don't think you miss anything by not staying in the host cities.  Sure stay up the night of the game but with 5am trains and all night opening be careful what you pay for your room.   
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:33am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

No need to stay in the host cities for atmosphere imo.  Irish will be everywhere.

I'm staying in Lodz for convenience and access to Group A games.  torun will most liekly be the ebst place for Irish fans but I think Bydgoszcz is still a great option if you can't book Torun. 

Fans stay everywhere for these tournaments and I don't think you miss anything by not staying in the host cities.  Sure stay up the night of the game but with 5am trains and all night opening be careful what you pay for your room.   

my thoughts exactly.we re only staying 2 nights out of 16 in host cities but we ll be in different places relatively close to whatever city ireland is playing in the build up to each game.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 10:42am

Would imagine Sopot and Gdansk will be the most popular resorts as there are beeches there that would certainly swing it for me ahead of Poznan and Torun .

"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
bci View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:19pm
I agree, Bydgoszcz is a very good option: D welcome to our special profile on Facebook, created for fans of Ireland
Please also visit our website where you can find a list of hotels in Bydgoszcz.
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:36pm
Torun campsite

Camper -                                          28,50 zł per day
Each person -                                     9,00 zł per day
Childrens (up to 10 years old) -         5,00 zł per day
Electricity -                                      18,00  zł per day.

dutchy15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchy15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 4:22pm
fans are gonna be everywhere lads. It has to be said though Torun appears to be the place that makes most sense for all reasons mentioned thus far. Mainly its cheaper,suppossed to be lovely city(have heard this from Polish people who I have met). We are driving over so we gonna head away for day trips from Torun and see different places so not as if we gonna stay in Torun the whole time. Will check out host cities on match days so getting taste of the lot so happy out with plan of action. Yes, yes its true i am slightly excited about June and iI didnt even mention football in my post. Here come the goos times...
Twice_Daly View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twice_Daly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

The reason I'm staying in Torun:
It's between Poznan & Gdansk
It's cheap & reasonable
It has good train connections
It's not ripping us off
It seems a nice city
Glennstandish is very helpful
I'm not on a HORN!!!!
TorunThumbs Up

good to hear LOL some people seem to be by the way they're going on, just wanted to see did i miss something
NUNS ARE PEOPLE TOO
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twice_Daly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

It was the best and most reasonable place to stay perfectly positioned for travel to both games . We got 12 nights b & b for €232 do we jumped at it.

Have checked it out since with poles who live and work on Galway and everyone who had been there said we had made the perfect decision and then one of my friends whose family had bought large farms in Poland told me it was the most beautiful city in Poland and the bars and restaurants were far more reasonable than the ones in poznan and gdansk . Torun is 3 times the size of Galway so it's not a country town as some posters on here have been saying .

serious value in fairness.
just wanted to know did someone get proper advice on the place and not just go by what the internet says. None of my polish friends know much about Torun so thats why i was more in favour of going to Gdansk/sopot/gdynia

will defo consider staying here for maybe 2 nights one before and one after the spain game. want to see as much of poland as i can fit in.
NUNS ARE PEOPLE TOO
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 9:17pm
i reckon i know about 30 other lads going who are not members of YBIG and they are all staying in the host cities,  i reckon Torun will be good for those who are staying there but i think the atmosphere has to be better in the host cities. as for drink being a euro dearer or cheaper in different cities im pretty sure that every city will have both expensive and regular prices and its just a matter of finding them.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Twice_Daly Twice_Daly wrote:

It was the best and most reasonable place to stay perfectly positioned for travel to both games . We got 12 nights b & b for €232 do we jumped at it.

Have checked it out since with poles who live and work on Galway and everyone who had been there said we had made the perfect decision and then one of my friends whose family had bought large farms in Poland told me it was the most beautiful city in Poland and the bars and restaurants were far more reasonable than the ones in poznan and gdansk . Torun is 3 times the size of Galway so it's not a country town as some posters on here have been saying .

just wanted to know did someone get proper advice on the place and not just go by what the internet says. None of my polish friends know much about Torun so thats why i was more in favour of going to Gdansk/sopot/gdynia

will defo consider staying here for maybe 2 nights one before and one after the spain game. want to see as much of poland as i can fit in.

think most people are staying in at least 2 or 3 locations, but there is a fine line between visiting different places and constantly shifting
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twice_Daly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Twice_Daly Twice_Daly wrote:

think most people are staying in at least 2 or 3 locations, but there is a fine line between visiting different places and constantly shifting

nothing wrong with a bit of shifting! Smile il see what way things works out distance wise when iv time to work out a route. if Torun is handy for breaking up the journey between poznan and gdansk il squeeze it in, if not im happy to just base myself in host cities and get trains etc. to visit places
NUNS ARE PEOPLE TOO
odysseus View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odysseus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:57pm
wicklowrunner wrote:

The reason I'm staying in Torun:
It's between Poznan & Gdansk - you can't be pregnant in half only
It's cheap & reasonable  - a MYTH - I gave links to cheaper accommodations in Gdans Metropol. TriCity  - despite the proximity of the stadium and unparalleled attractiveness in Gdansk
It has good train connections -  from Gdansk will be available cheap train to Poznan  - back to Gdansk on the same day
It's not ripping us off
It seems a nice city - right , if you need calm and immobility
Glennstandish is very helpful
I'm not on a HORN!!!!

Torun - nice place to stay - no doubts Thumbs Up
have such a great experience in events, and everything

mitch1988 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 10:39pm
lodz hotels are been booked up does anyone know what other fanz are using it as a base for euro 2012
makgidi View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makgidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 12:32pm
We're staying in Poznan on the 6th
Wroclaw 7th-9th - might try catch the Russia - Czech Republic game
Poznan 9th-12th
Sopot 12th - 16th
Poznan 16th-20th.

Then maybe head to Berlin or Krakow for a couple of days.
dreamer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 12:35pm
im doing 3 nights poznan 4 nights sopot 3 nights poznan,had torun booked but knocked it on the head
every dog has there day
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 1:14pm
If I can help it I won't be in Torun. 

Ideally chillin in Sopot with the beach but costs are a big factor
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 4:25pm
Whats the big deal with Torun? We arent playing there, so f**k torun. Mullingar of Poland.
Chips don't bounce
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 4:30pm

exactly , why would you want to go there ....bet there will be regrets about staying there ....would people not want to be where the stadiums are ?

Having said all that the accommodation costs for poznan in prticular are a complete p1sstake ...outrageous ....£328 to share a room in a kippy hostel on the night of the 1st game ....no chance ....I am only there for the night but I can think of better things to be doing with that amount of cash ...I believe that the bars don't close
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic