You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will majority of fans be in Torun or Gdansk?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will majority of fans be in Torun or Gdansk?
    Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:09pm
I know we ve threads up on Torun and Gdansk but has anyone any idea where most fans are staying?Our group of 6 are staying the 2 nights before the Croatia   match in Berlin,the 4 nights before the Spain match in Gdansk and the 4 nights before the italy match in Torun.anyone else doing that or are the majority just staying in Torun/Gdansk?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:12pm

Gdansk as it has more bed I would imagine

"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:18pm
I would say Poznan as two games being played there but that's all I am basing it on.

Ps Bohs how many beds in Gdansk compared to the other cities!?

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:19pm
A lot of spanish will be in Gdansk as they play all 3 games in Gadansk.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:21pm
You d think the majority would want to travel around the country to see different cities.I'd go daft if i was in Torun for 10 nights.it d be nice to see a bit of the country if you re there for 2 weeks.Poznan seems like a standard industrial city whereas torun and Gdansk are tourist cities
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:37pm
There was a poll done on This with Torun,Poznan, Gdansk coming out in that order. A lot of People are staying in all 3 for different days.

I have been to all Irelands Championship Competitions and have always stayed somewhere halfway between the host cities as Accomodation ,Drink and Food prices are always more reasonable and you get to know the locals and their customs a lot better staying in one place and taking days sightseeing in the nearby area.

The 10/12 days will fly and not having to be change accomodation every few days is also a big factor.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

There was a poll done on This with Torun,Poznan, Gdansk coming out in that order. A lot of People are staying in all 3 for different days.

I have been to all Irelands Championship Competitions and have always stayed somewhere halfway between the host cities as Accomodation ,Drink and Food prices are always more reasonable and you get to know the locals and their customs a lot better staying in one place and taking days sightseeing in the nearby area.

The 10/12 days will fly and not having to be change accomodation every few days is also a big factor.
Do you mind me asking how much spending money not including travel and accomodation at the least you would bring for 2 weeks?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:48pm
€300 in cash and have a back up in your Bank Account or credit Card of another €500. Poland is cheaper than here but stick to the local beer and spirits as imported beer will be double the price.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:52pm
no interest on torun , i reckon it will be all about gdansk sopot gdynia
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:53pm
Alan, 

if I may help a bit so you can do your own calculating: 

1 botlle/can of fantastic Polish beer - 0.50 - 0.80 euro / shop or max 2 euro (bar/pub/restaurant)

1/2 l bottle of vodka - 3-5 euro / shop

decent 2nd course - 5 - 10 euro / restaurant

fast-food stuff - 2 - 5 euro

Need more info ask :-) 

Vojt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

€300 in cash and have a back up in your Bank Account or credit Card of another €500. Poland is cheaper than here but stick to the local beer and spirits as imported beer will be double the price.

Thanks for that.Im hoping to have 2000 (700 for accomodation/travel) and 1,300 spending money.id be tempted to cancel torun accomodation and stay longer in Gdansk,Gydnia and Sopot region.Torun though is mean't to be nice there seems to be alot of irish staying there
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 2:04pm
think most on here are spending the majoirty of their time in Torun. I would say overall, most will stay in and around Poznan. Probably spend the night up there for the Croatia game, maybe even two nights. Depends on if more hotels are released at more reasonable prices closer to the game.
Thinking campsite for the night of the Spain game in Gdansk.

booking the buses through Steve and Alan anyway. Will be needing it one way for sure but lets see what happens with regards to prices in the host cities
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 2:08pm
I reckon only those who are going to be there for 3 games and anything that that happens after that will be looking at Torun . It will be the venue to go to if you want to save cash between matches ...which makes sense.
Me...will be in and out of Poznan on the days of the games and staying in a hotel in Poznan for these. One night stay in each case(not doing the Spanish match). Should we get out of our group I will reassess and fly back out for it ....cash reserves permitting
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Forza2 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forza2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 2:42pm
According to polish media Torun is expecting just 1500 fans from Ireland with additional hundreds in Bydgoszcz and some smaller towns around Torun.
Poznan 10 000 Malta camping won't be full or ...it could  be ...anyway that certainly gives some proportion. Hard to guess how many would come from Ireland alone.
Given that 2 games are in Poznan this town could be most popular destination. Gdansk is definitely most attractive location for reason other then football, Torun is charming and has this small town feel, Poznan oh well it's ...well organized :)
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 2:57pm
1 night dusseldorf
2nights poznan
2nights torun (if campsite ever replys)
4nights gdansk
2nights poznan
1night dusseldorf

Hopefully 800 will do the trick but only bringing bout 250 and bankcard
Shebber View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 3:03pm
2 nights Poznan
4 nights Gdansk
4 nights Poznan

Job done!!
If you have 200 million priests, and 5% of them are paedophiles, that's still only 10 million paedophiles!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by dotts101 dotts101 wrote:

1 night dusseldorf
2nights poznan
4nights gdansk
2nights poznan
1night dusseldorf

You ll be doing well not to spend that unless you re the type of lad that goes to the toilet when its his round Wink.only messin hey.im hopin to have 1300 spending money myself over 16 nights not including accomodation and travel
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by dotts101 dotts101 wrote:

1 night dusseldorf
2nights poznan
4nights gdansk
2nights poznan
1night dusseldorf

You ll be doing well not to spend that unless you re the type of lad that goes to the toilet when its his round Wink.only messin hey.im hopin to have 1300 spending money myself over 16 nights not including accomodation and travel

in a camper so most travel is sorted but thinking 
150e each for petrol
150e campsite accom
50e a day drink and food sticking to the local stuff (50x10=500) 
actually an extra 100e for 2nights in dusseldorf and accom and whatever the lovely lady costs are
tickets are sorted already and will have more in the bank card anyway if needed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic