You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kevin Long

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kevin Long
    Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 8:53pm
Kevin Long spent the first 6 months of this season on loan at Accrington Stanley when he achieved cult status amongst the Stanley faithfull. Stanley fans wanted to bring Long backs for the remainder of the season but Burnley wanted Long to gain experiance at a higher level.

Long was remoured to be going to Hibs and ended up following his former Stanley manager John Coleman to Rochdale with Rochdale who were lying in 2nd last position having conceeded 49 goals in 27 games and only 6 clean sheets.

Kevin Long made his debut today for Rochdale in their 3-0 Bury. Long gave a man of the match performance and was unlucky not to score. Long initial loan deal is only for a month but if he continues in this vein it will be extended.
Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 12:51am
 Great stuff.  Another young Cork up and comerThumbs Up
5 goals to go Robbie!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 9:29am

Not sure if he has a big future at Burnley , watch this space .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:27am
I have attached extracts from the Rochdale Forum in relation to Longs debut.
' What can I say but what a fantastic debut Kevin Long won every ball in the air won all the tackles,and also a great performance by Kevin with the long name, will there be a place for Holden and Jorden ?'

'MOM'

'Dawsonesque!'

' one of the best debuts I've seen for the club. '

' Don't know about anyone else. But he reminds me of Phil Jones? '

Will be keeping at eye on the Rochdale forums going forward.

darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:38am
Good to hear more young Irish lads playing well, keep them coming & keep us updated Absolutely Use
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 4:55pm
Rochdale kept another clean sheet yesterday with another MOM performance from kevin Long.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 10:36pm
Long has extended his stay at at Rochdale until the 28th of April. He also helped Rochdale to a clean sheet today with another decent performance.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 12:54pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 6:51pm
Long, stretchered off with knee ligament damage on his Premier League debut, and out for the rest of the season, shows every cloud has a silver lining, as he's offered a new 2-year contract by Burnley.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30698397

Edited by NewtNewbie - 06 Jan 2015 at 6:58pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 8:37pm
I must say fantastic from the club to give him a two year contract as it looks like he will be out for 9 months .
Now as a player the fans have their doubts as most don't think he can cut it in the Prem but Dyche thinks he can so that's what matters .

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I must say fantastic from the club to give him a two year contract as it looks like he will be out for 9 months .
Now as a player the fans have their doubts as most don't think he can cut it in the Prem but Dyche thinks he can so that's what matters .

Shows good faith on  Burnley's part, no doubt.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 12:04am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Good faith, or naivety? Burnley, or perhaps more specifically Dyche's, whole approach to the PL has struck me as naive. Commendable maybe, but still naive.
We're decent enough..
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 6:55am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Good faith, or naivety? Burnley, or perhaps more specifically Dyche's, whole approach to the PL has struck me as naive. Commendable maybe, but still naive.
Dyche said himself that it was a learning curve .I do think he is getting to grips with the Prem , the classic case was at the Emirates this season we sat back and lost 3-0 then we played at City could have lost 5-0 as we thew players forward and drew 2-2 .
Take a chance is the key and he is learning the biggest thing is that we don't have the quality like every other club has in this league .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic