You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2012 Match Jersey Script

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2012 Match Jersey Script
    Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

WHO HAS A BLACK AND WHITE TV .....ITS 2012!!!

The wearing of contrasting shirts is not just for the benefit of those watching on black and white TV, but also to aid the colourblind too

Sponsored Links

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 12:34pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 11:46am
That's brilliant, think umbro should have checked with someone before making those jerseys
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 11:38am
WHO HAS A BLACK AND WHITE TV .....ITS 2012!!!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 11:36am
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2012/0419/317687-ireland-to-wear-green-against-spain-in-away-tie/       WTF?????  NOW THEY DECIDE WE ARE WEARING GREEN AGAINST SPAIN!!!!WHAT ABOUT ALL THE "WHITE AWAY LIMITED EDITION EURO 2012 SPAIN "  SHIRTS?????
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
grazza View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:04am
Originally posted by sdoran sdoran wrote:

Type YBIG in as the discount code when checking out to get 10% off

Decided last night to get one of these bad boys, only thing is the "YBIG" in discount code is not working - it's saying it's invalid. Anyone know what the story is??
johnnycee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

Any chance on shedding some light re: my query on the previous page Johnny? Just curious.Thumbs Up

Not being a smart ass but you answered your own question by acknowledging that Umbros hands are tied. Umbro have NO say what so ever on what sponsor goes on the shirt, that is purely between the FAI and any third party who wants to sponsor our national team, we apply the logo to our shirts as per our contractual agreement. From a personal point of view and as a fan I would prefer that our national shirt had no sponsor on it but if a company is good enough to pony up "X" million per year to help fund our national association, honestly who are we to judge? The sponsorship money runs though the association and helps development of young talent and grass roots so the FAI as I've said before are probably ahead of the curve here, I think other associations will follow suit as sponsors demand more bang for their buck as sponsorship budgets tighten up. Regarding how many more jerseys would be sold if the sponsor wasn't applied, who knows! I do think there is room for selling a limited number of the jersey at a higher price minus the sponsor but 3 have ruled that out completely and although I don't like their decision I do understand why.

Edited by johnnycee - 31 Mar 2012 at 2:16pm
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 1:01pm
Any chance on shedding some light re: my query on the previous page Johnny? Just curious.Thumbs Up
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
johnnycee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Euro England Euro England wrote:

Johnnycee I presume you are based in the uk and work for umbro? If so it would be great if you could come on our fans forum and help us out with match embroidered euro shirts.

You presume wrong my friend !
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 11:28pm
I'm much more a fan of the current sponsor than the orange blob we had previously
BoboDub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 11:12pm
Up to very recently no replica kit was a real replica kit. Massive difference between fans kits and players kits, particularly at club level. It's only in the last few years that teams started using shirts almost identical to replicas on the basis they'd only be used for one match anyway so they didn't have to be robust. And the technology to make badges and crests more visible under floodlights etc got much cheaper.

But with money getting a lot tighter now, expect clubs and associations to get tighter. Jc may say the technology is good enough now that replicas would last as long as the old match shirts did, but I'm not so sure. At least umbro shirts are durable generally - Nike kits just seem to fall apart or rip really easily.

For what it's worth, for the good of Irish football I have no problem neon a walking billboard if it means extra money going 2 grassroots. But at the moment I'm not a happy chappy as the current sponsor, in my experience, treats it's customers with pure disdain, so they're only pay the money by ripping off customers by chaging full prie and then paying buttons for shocking customer service, and in any event you can't say the money is actually going to grass roots when the fai fire a load of the people out on the ground, and the money continues to prop up delaneys rather large salary.

So for those reasons I'm not a fan of the current sponsor. But I'm not against sponsors if the money goes to proper good use.
Euro England View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro England Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 11:09pm
Johnnycee I presume you are based in the uk and work for umbro? If so it would be great if you could come on our fans forum and help us out with match embroidered euro shirts.
ballymacB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballymacB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Declanus Declanus wrote:

Just a question out of curiousity rather than anything else Johnny.
Seeing as Umbro are the shirt manufacturers do they not have some degree of say in terms of the sponsor on the front of the jersey? I mean its clear from this thread and others in the past that the fans clearly do not want the big ignorant sponsor's logo where it is -its not truly a replica shirt as a result. Just a hunch, but I would suggest that shirt sales would go up if it was not for the sponsor.
Ireland jerseys in the past have generally been class but I reckon the sponsor takes away from its appeal significantly. Most would agree I'm sure. So, hypothetically, lets say the deal with 3 was up and the FAI were searching for a new main sponsor, why would Umbro not attempt to persuade/cut a deal with the FAI not to allow shirt sponsor? It has to be hitting Umbro's sales at the minute - or at least potential sales in the case that the logo wasn't there. I bought the home shirt and would have bought the away but I hate the giant '3' (same as I hated the Eircom stain) and decided not to. Dead

Btw, I understand completely that Umbro's hands are tied in all of this and you guys have approached 3/FAI about limited addition logo-free shirts etc and were refused. I'm talking about going forward, should the current sponsor's deal come to an end. I mean even a compromise in terms of the size and position of the thing (similar to Switzerland/Credit Suisse a few years back) would be a massive improvement.

Have to agree with you here Trap. As far as I am aware we are the only country that you can't buy a replica jersey without the stain on the front which means its false advertising as it is not a true replica jersey.

It's déjà vous all over again
Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 9:04pm

Just a question out of curiousity rather than anything else Johnny.
Seeing as Umbro are the shirt manufacturers do they not have some degree of say in terms of the sponsor on the front of the jersey? I mean its clear from this thread and others in the past that the fans clearly do not want the big ignorant sponsor's logo where it is -its not truly a replica shirt as a result. Just a hunch, but I would suggest that shirt sales would go up if it was not for the sponsor.
Ireland jerseys in the past have generally been class but I reckon the sponsor takes away from its appeal significantly. Most would agree I'm sure. So, hypothetically, lets say the deal with 3 was up and the FAI were searching for a new main sponsor, why would Umbro not attempt to persuade/cut a deal with the FAI not to allow shirt sponsor? It has to be hitting Umbro's sales at the minute - or at least potential sales in the case that the logo wasn't there. I bought the home shirt and would have bought the away but I hate the giant '3' (same as I hated the Eircom stain) and decided not to. Dead

Btw, I understand completely that Umbro's hands are tied in all of this and you guys have approached 3/FAI about limited addition logo-free shirts etc and were refused. I'm talking about going forward, should the current sponsor's deal come to an end. I mean even a compromise in terms of the size and position of the thing (similar to Switzerland/Credit Suisse a few years back) would be a massive improvement.
  Have to agree with you here Trap. As far as I am aware we are the only country that you can't buy a replica jersey without the stain on the front which means its false advertising as it is not a true replica jersey.
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by johnnycee johnnycee wrote:

Glad to hear we have mostly happy chappys !!!

JC only small and XL sizes left of the Spain jersey - any chance of some mediums coming on stream or are they all sold out now?
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 7:38pm

They arent a print or an embroidery it's a lextra application and you will only be able to buy them already applied to the jersey. There will be only 100 of each available vs Croatia vs Spain & vs Italy and the will only be sold in the Umbro FAI Stores and on www.faishop.com

Thought they was only going to be 100 of each of these printed?  They're all back up on the FAI website and you can buy any amount of them...poor form by umbro Thumbs Down
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
BoboDub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by shoggy shoggy wrote:

Hope mine has arrived when I get home or I'll be more disappointed than the time the woman got me the nordie shirt for christmas Thumbs Down

Lol did you smile politely or throw a strop???
kellsred View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellsred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 6:57pm

Glad to hear we have mostly happy chappys !!!
Delighted with my Spain one, and I'm sure my bro will be chuffed with his when he gets back from Australia!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic