You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 8:44pm
O'Shea proved against Macadonia away that he can't be trusted with the responsibility of CB. 
Sponsored Links

Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Has to be O'Shea in the middle. Playing him anywhere else would be the same as playing him out of position at this stage.

To be honest im more woried about Dunne's lack of form, his injury and match fitness after it than I am about O'Shea.

Injury not ideal by any stretch for Dunne but actually a mid-season break in a way so might help in the long-run...
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 10:46pm

Originally posted by IamGod IamGod wrote:

O'Shea proved against Macadonia away that he can't be trusted with the responsibility of CB. 
Not as the organiser of the defence, but when Trapattoni first took over, Dunne and O'Shea were the first choice centre back partnership and complimented each other very well.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 11:11pm

He has proved this season that he is awful at WB and is in fact a very good CB. 
It's Jack Shat
IamGod View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 12:17am
Dunne carried O'Shea in those early games. Trap saw what I & others saw and sharply pulled O'Shea of of that CB position especially after the home game against Italy where O'Shea gifted the 2nd goal to Italy. 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 1:24am

Dunne carried O'Shea in those early games. Trap saw what I & others saw and sharply pulled O'Shea of of that CB position especially after the home game against Italy where O'Shea gifted the 2nd goal to Italy. 
O'Shea didn't play CB in that game, it was Dunne and St Ledger
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 2:37am
I think Trap goes with experience in every position in the back four. Won't want guys getting rattled. That points to O'Shea at right-full.
Kaisy353 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaisy353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:10am
I don't know if Trap really wants him to play CB. We will have to wait and see for the euros. Kelly is not the best right back in the world but surely you could put Coleman in at right back and O'Shea CB
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 2:24pm
With Dunne injured for the czech game, Trap might start Oshea at CB which would be interesting to see how himself & St ledger play together there.

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

With Dunne injured for the czech game, Trap might start Oshea at CB which would be interesting to see how himself & St ledger play together there.

Doubt it,Trap won't change will just swap Dunne for O'Dea.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 6:32pm
I love to see trap start duffy in this friendly.Because i think that what friendly are for to see if lads can cut it or do a job for the team if needed.BUT trap wont do that we all know him by nowSmileAlso like to see coleman mcClean and McCarthy play at least a half hour.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:03pm
Has O'Shea captained us before? 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 5:11am
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

I love to see trap start duffy in this friendly.Because i think that what friendly are for to see if lads can cut it or do a job for the team if needed.BUT trap wont do that we all know him by nowSmileAlso like to see coleman mcClean and McCarthy play at least a half hour.

This.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 9:00pm
Not playing tonight - hamstring problem apparently.  
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.
Drumaville View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumaville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by JimmyG JimmyG wrote:

He was a huge miss last night.
Double Maxim draught in the Derry pub now you are talking.
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Drumaville Drumaville wrote:

Yeah they were certainly missing something at the back and I would love to think it was Johno.  Sessegnon and Cattermole were also a big loss.
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 2:59pm

Originally posted by Drumaville Drumaville wrote:

Yeah they were certainly missing something at the back and I would love to think it was Johno.  Sessegnon and Cattermole were also a big loss.

+1

3 vital players for Sunderland who help form the spine of the team , thankfully we will have all 3 back for the Everton match next week  Smile
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 4:09pm
Did Meyler get on at any stage??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
  Share Topic