You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumaville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Masterplan Masterplan wrote:

Is Van Persie still in O'Shea's pocket?!!!

Excellent performance from O'Shea, another player who has seemingly been transformed by O'Neill, looking a cracking centre half at the moment and a proper leader.

John O'Shea was different class on Saturday yet another masterstroke from MON.
Double Maxim draught in the Derry pub now you are talking.
Sponsored Links

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 10:58am
Would anyone think it should be O'Shea and Dunne in the centre. Suppose it would be harsh on the Saint.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 11:21am
Depends who Trap thinks is his best on form players in the back 4 come the euro.But if all fit I can't see him breaking his current first choice back 4 of O'Shea, Dunne, St Ledger, Ward
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 11:23am
I think O'Shea's better in the centre than out on the right. Who do we play on the right though? I don't think Coleman will be played there anyway.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 12:39pm
he will be playing out right, sledge could switch to the right but wont happen
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 1:32pm
I think it will be a disservice to JOS if he is not played CB, he just doesnt look as good at RB. I think he is our in form player at the moment. I wouldnt suggest dropping Sledge lightly, but JOS is playing superbly with sunderland.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 1:44pm

Delighted to see him do well. It was looking hit and miss under Bruce.

MON is some motivator.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 1:46pm
Our back line should/could be .............................Given.............................
Kelly.........JO'S.......Dunne.........Wilson........
That back line has every player playing week in week out in the prem and is very solid.As I said before would be harsh on Saint but what can you do.

Edited by rainpaulo - 20 Feb 2012 at 1:46pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 1:47pm
Would rather we try Sledge at full back myself...or drop him. He hasn't really done much wrong to be dropped but O'Shea is waisted at full back in my opinion.

My ideal back line would be Wilson--O'Shea--Dunne--Ward 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 2:02pm
Coleman(try in the friendlies)O Shea Dunne Clark(wilson or Ward)
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 2:05pm
Cant drop Sledge
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 2:28pm
It would be almost a punishment for St Ledger after forcing his way back into the Leicester side, and scoring at the weekend
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 2:47pm
Ward is very poor,a sin we have Wilson a top player who isn't getting in.
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 3:21pm
Was a bit worried when O'Shea first left Utd. Thought at times that other players made him appear better than he was. Thankfully being proven wrong now... 

As for the Euros, I think Trap struggles to find a better right-full than having O'Shea there and St. Ledger in the middle. 
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 4:37pm
i would play

kelly ledge dunne oshea

o shea has been brilliant at CB but ledge and dunne are he partnership and oshea is solid and experienced at LB , ward cannot cross the ball.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 4:42pm
O'Shea is not the best option if you were looking for a full-back to overlap and put pressure on. But given that Trap doesn't allow his FBs to do that, it makes little difference. He's solid at the back & is a good option on set-pieces. Something we'll rely on against probably all of the 3 teams given that we'll allow them to have the lions share of possession. 
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 4:49pm
I would like to see O'Shea at CB for Ireland,  St ledger has done well and gives his all but O'Sea plays at a better standard and is used to the pressure of massive games, kelly to fit in at fullback.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 6:03pm

Has to be O'Shea in the middle. Playing him anywhere else would be the same as playing him out of position at this stage.

To be honest im more woried about Dunne's lack of form, his injury and match fitness after it than I am about O'Shea.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
  Share Topic