Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by 1899 1899 wrote:

Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Although I do think we are building a good squad and I reckon Kenny should do a decent job, there will be massive pressure and if things don't go right in the first half of the season with all these new players, he could very well be the first casualty.

You really think Kenny will be sacked if ,"things don't go right",early on ?Confused

If for some reason the team don't gel and it's a sh*te first half season then yeah I do. Do you not? I have every confidence that there will be no problems but you can never tell and if rovers don't have a good season then of course he will be sacked, why wouldn't he be?
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Sponsored Links

B.O.B View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.O.B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 7:40pm
Champions: Sligo
1st Division: Limerick
UEFA Cup Spots. Cork, Derry, SRFC
FAI Cup: Sligo
League Cup: Derry
Setanta Cup: Linfield
Relegated: Monaghan and Drogheda
Promoted. Limerick and Longford
PD Top Scorer. Cummins
First Manger to jump/be pushed: Kenny
How much Roddy gets fined in total: 10k
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 11:27am

Majority of people going for Sligs to win. Is that a windup, wishful thinking or do people honestly believe it to be possible?

Rovers at evens or less with the bookies, the majority of the squad retained. Sligo lost most of their good players from a team that was a fair way off the pace last season. How does that work?

My money is on Pats to finish second.
Sonny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 11:40am
This thread would probably be better come the start of the season when squads are finalised. Predicting Sligo will win the league when they only have 14 players signed is ridiculous.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

PD Top Scorer: Dinny Corcoran

A bit optimistic there or a wind up Q man?

He got a bit of stick with us at times, but even though he was frustrating to watch, I thought he actually had something! Always got into very good goal scoring positions! His finishing just wasn’t the Georgie best! Though that could come! No show used miss far more than he scored in his first season in the PD, and Stephen geoghegan couldn’t score in a brothel for us, but you could tell he had something, getting into the positions,etc! (and his goal scoring drastically improved after we let him go Cry!!).

I think and genuinely hope dinny will do well this season! (just hope not against us!)

Agree with ye on the setanta cup too –after the first 3 years (ie after the novelty wore off), it became a totally meaningless competition with nobody really interested in it

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 2:04pm
Champions: Sligo
UEFA Cup Spots. rovers,pats,derry
FAI Cup; pats
League Cup; rovers
Setanta Cup pats
Relegated; bray,ucd
Promoted; Limerick and waterford
PD Top Scorer:  north
First Manger to jump/be pushed: kenny or callaghan
How much Roddy gets fined in total: ill go 3,000 and a points deduction
Justice 2012 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Moyes Y.N.W.A. Youll never win anything

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 2:54pm
Drogheda to be relegated . Shamateurism that they weren't last year.No chance they will stay up.
Limerick is a good shout for 1st division as well
Could be a good double that!
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Justice 2012 Justice 2012 wrote:

Drogheda to be relegated . Shamateurism that they weren't last year.No chance they will stay up.
Limerick is a good shout for 1st division as well
Could be a good double that!

Not a chance. Sure ye can’t compare us to last seasons team when more than half of it has changed!! (for the better too). We’ll do ok this season and would be surprised to see us in the relegation battle come the last month of the season!

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 3:33pm
Well yis were absolutely shocking last year. Really not much better than Galway. Fair enough ya have a few new players this season do ya honestly think it will be enough though ?
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 3:43pm

Well yis were absolutely shocking last year. Really not much better than Galway. Fair enough ya have a few new players this season do ya honestly think it will be enough though ?

I certainly do and we have a very shrewd manager who should have us playing nice passing football (it was tough on him last year coming in a few days before the season started). We’re usually a pessimistic bunch in drogheda, but I haven’t heard anyone say they reckon we’ll go down this season!! Optimisitic enough for the season ahead! Certainly wouldn’t back us to go down!

On paper so far, I reckon we’ll definitely come above bray and monaghan. Craptown have only signed 9 players so far i think, but theyre only signing kids from the likes of mervue and that so I’d like to think we might come above them too – and ye never know about ucd until a few matches into the season!

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 4:03pm

Yeh fair play if yis do. Agree about craptown too . Were in freefall last year after a brief good start. They could well be in the mix if they don't get a decent start
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 5:37pm
With us last season it was goodbye everyone then new squad, a lot of a successful A Team pushed into the LoI. This year they are more settled, a huge one in Corry coming back, he was close to going to Sligo I think. One big loss at the end of last year was Robbie Creevy going to Oz, thought he was immense. Still hoping for a striker to emerge from the youth, huge problem last year. Mulhall and Burke should do a decent job replacing Marshall and Meenan. (Mulhall better than Marshall worse than Meenan imo)
aidz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

I certainly do and we have a very shrewd manager who should have us playing nice passing football (it was tough on him last year coming in a few days before the season started). We’re usually a pessimistic bunch in drogheda, but I haven’t heard anyone say they reckon we’ll go down this season!! Optimisitic enough for the season ahead! Certainly wouldn’t back us to go down!

On paper so far, I reckon we’ll definitely come above bray and monaghan. Craptown have only signed 9 players so far i think, but theyre only signing kids from the likes of mervue and that so I’d like to think we might come above them too – and ye never know about ucd until a few matches into the season!

mick the f**kin crooke
it was his choice to move to drogs a few days before the season started cos he f**ked us off.
now the ***t took some of our best players en block (Ryan Brennan the biggest loss). nothing against the players, but expect the crooke to get plenty abuse of us and hope he gets relagated.
You'll never beat the Irish
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Majority of people going for Sligs to win. Is that a windup, wishful thinking or do people honestly believe it to be possible?

Rovers at evens or less with the bookies, the majority of the squad retained. Sligo lost most of their good players from a team that was a fair way off the pace last season. How does that work?

My money is on Pats to finish second.

why dont you make a fortunes on betfair like you said you would about kenny then?

they have 2 big losses in ryan and doyle, quigley and north scored plenty lasy year so should be a good replacement for doyle and even blinkhorn, ryan will be hard to replace

you lot have to replace a keeper, 2 full backs, and a striker, now yous have made some good signings but you also have a new manager too, so thats a lot more change in the shams set up than the sligo set up

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
1899 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1899 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 10:21pm

Originally posted by 1899 1899 wrote:

Although I do think we are building a good squad and I reckon Kenny should do a decent job, there will be massive pressure and if things don't go right in the first half of the season with all these new players, he could very well be the first casualty.

You really think Kenny will be sacked if ,"things don't go right",early on ?Confused

If for some reason the team don't gel and it's a sh*te first half season then yeah I do. Do you not? I have every confidence that there will be no problems but you can never tell and if rovers don't have a good season then of course he will be sacked, why wouldn't he be?

Can't see the board sacking him and paying the remainder of a 3(?) year deal unless some form of catastrophe occurs-ie. season over by July!

The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Now that the squads are shaping up, lets have an auld crystal ball gaze. Who do you think will achieve the below?

Champions: Scum
UEFA Cup Spots.Sligs Pats Derry
FAI Cup: Scum
League Cup: Sligo
Setanta Cup: Scum
Relegated: Drogs Bray
Promoted: Waterford Limerick
PD Top Scorer: Kavanagh
First Manger to jump/be pushed: Bucley
How much Roddy gets fined in total: 5K

I'll go first:

Champions: Rovers
1st Division:  Limerick
UEFA Cup Spots. Derry, Pats, Sligo
FAI Cup; Rovers
League Cup; Slgo
Setanta Cup Rovers
Relegated; Bohs, Monaghan 
Promoted; Limerick as Champions and Waterford
PD Top Scorer:  Graham Cummins
First Manger to jump/be pushed: Paul Cook
How much Roddy gets fined in total: €5,000
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 8:38am
Originally posted by aidz aidz wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

mick the f**kin crooke
it was his choice to move to drogs a few days before the season started cos he f**ked us off.
now the ***t took some of our best players en block (Ryan Brennan the biggest loss). nothing against the players, but expect the crooke to get plenty abuse of us and hope he gets relagated.

I’m sure he’ll feel intimidated to f*ck LOL

In fairness to him, he probably stayed at monaghan for too long! He’s knocking on now and can see why he wanted to manage in the Premier Division (there was no guarantee of monaghan going up). He’s a great football man, and I genuinely believe he’s one of the best in the league! Looking forward to seeing how he does for us this season and how he has us playing!

Ryan brennan? Over rated, didn’t do much when he was previously with us in the premier division, I’d be worried if he was your biggest loss! Hopefully playing regularly in division one manned him up a bit! Delighted with signing Sean though (again, probably stayed in division one for too long)

Edited by Wheelo - 24 Jan 2012 at 8:38am
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 9:25am
Champions: Shamrock
UEFA Cup Spots.Sligo Pats Derry
FAI Cup: city
League Cup: Derry
Setanta Cup: don't care
Relegated: Drogs Bray
Promoted: Waterford Limerick
PD Top Scorer:cummins
First Manger to jump/be pushed: kenny-shams to be saved by a certain spl boss
How much Roddy gets fined in total: a pound for every time he mentions his Boez team that beat Aberdeen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic