You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carlsberg fans village

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 8:38am
Just back from two nights in the carlsberg camp in poznan. It was noisy alright but you'd have to expect that. I bought silicon earplugs and that helped. No idea what you are on about for sunday evening, I got back to my tent around 3am and there was silence! had a great kip!

The tents are small, always a bad idea to put 2 lads and they luggage in a two man tent.... Mine held out the rain on sunday night quite well apart from a small leak at the door. The main problem is that once the sun hits them at 7am they heat up like an oven. My door faced the sun as well so opening it made it hotter!

Showers were cold and toilets were portaloos... awful but pretty much what youd expect. As for the rest there were plenty of seating areas, decent enough food and a bizarre breakfast which was a surprisingly healthy sandwich, yogurt and fruit combined with a dangerous 2 beers!

The best bit though was the big hall to watch games. seems like it was a basketball arena, they put up a huge screen and everyone sat on the tiered seating. I ended up only watching one game there but it was cool - made up for alot of the rest. Location was good too, halfway between stadium and city centre.

Overall it was OK - fine for young lads. The best way was deffo camper vans, best of both worlds. 
Sponsored Links

Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 12:19pm
somewhere to charge up the phones here?
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 1:50pm

Edited by Sono - 12 Jun 2012 at 1:51pm
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Holy mother of jaysus that is horrendous looking LOL

Offalyirish83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Offalyirish83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 2:05pm
Thank jaysus I didnt booked into there anywaysNuke
SeanODonovan View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanODonovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 3:03pm
The Carlsberg camp at Poznan provided what I needed (although at £50 a night very expensive) - that is a few hours sleep from 2am to 9am. Not continual sleep mind - you will be woken up at various times by singing, talking, the cold in the night, the heat in the morning and bad dreams  about Spain's 6-man midfield.

The breakfast was a good start to the day, and the camp had other food, bars and shops.

BUT it is important not to stay there too long - go out and use the small local shops. Equally don't buy everything in the central "fan-zone". Spread the love and the zloties to the local community and not just the fat corporate cats.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 4:41pm
I thought the camp was grand, apart from the Music on full blast on the 19th at around 7am, in fairness they probably just wanted us out of there asap
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

I thought the camp was grand, apart from the Music on full blast on the 19th at around 7am, in fairness they probably just wanted us out of there asap

it was even earlier about 06:30 DeadDeadDead

wasnt even music sometimes, just random noise
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:06pm
I was talking to someone who renamed it the Carlsberg death camp. I imagine it was rough after the rain. 
It's Jack Shat
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:17pm
Tramp Camp. Gdansk the night after the Spain game and the rain...horrible!
ShannonHibs10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Can't resist used french letters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonHibs10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:22pm
Worst part of the whole trip was staying here for 2 nights in Sopot. Tiny tent that got flooded, huge puddle built up in the middle of the tent. Place was full of scumbags, roaring and shouting at all hours, falling on tents langers etc.

Also, put my passport into the "safety" deposit bags. Went back 2 days later to collect it and they fooking lost it. Imagine, Carlsberg lost my passport. In fairness to them, they were nice about it and helped with everything but just not good enough.

Place was well set up, grand breakfast, facility to charge the phone and the food was alright. The tent was like something you would give a child to play in out in the back garden and it flooded easily.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:36pm
Heard one fella say people were opening up their camper van doors during the night and pissing down on tents!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Monk View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 7:57pm
2 nights in Gdansk. Never camped before as I thought I wouldnt like it. It seems I was right.
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:10am
Why did people actually think these camps were going to be anything but hell
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 9:20am
I had a grand couple of nights (minutes) kip in Poz.
Thought it was a smashin set up Clap

Edited by McG - 22 Jun 2012 at 9:20am
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Dudgy1 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dudgy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 9:50am
Originally posted by SeanODonovan SeanODonovan wrote:

The Carlsberg camp at Poznan provided what I needed (although at £50 a night very expensive) - that is a few hours sleep from 2am to 9am. Not continual sleep mind - you will be woken up at various times by singing, talking, the cold in the night, the heat in the morning and bad dreams  about Spain's 6-man midfield.

The breakfast was a good start to the day, and the camp had other food, bars and shops.

BUT it is important not to stay there too long - go out and use the small local shops. Equally don't buy everything in the central "fan-zone". Spread the love and the zloties to the local community and not just the fat corporate cats.

Jesus lads, thats expensive. We stayed in Hotel Filmar in Torun, a triple room cost £70 (£23 each) per night, free breakfast with 2 free pints every day...a single room cost £50 per night. Was looking at camping for a few nights, thank fook I didn't!
dagmaqa View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dagmaqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 11:54am

You are the best fans! I admire your energy and enthusiasm to your ability to have fun! Go back to Poznan! Without you it is sad!Embarrassed
damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 1:44pm

Did 3 nights in Carlsberg fancamp in Pozan , showers were a joke , f**king cold all the time and the toilets were not cleaned enough times during the day , have to say the entertainment side of it was great , noisy all the time but brilliant crack , two us in the tent , we broke our sh*te laughing evertyime we were going to sleep.

Also did 3 night in Carlsberg fancamp Sopot , much better showers , private and hot !!! the food was better here also but it was not as much crack as the Pozan camp , after 6 nights camping we booked into hotels for the rest of our stay ,

All in all I enjoyed the campsites , so many funny moments to remember , you would have to have been there to understand , we paid 30.00 euro a night and thought this was good value.

he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536>
  Share Topic